Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:35:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227799 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR Keyboardist CHRIS PITMAN Apologizes For Calling Reunion 'Nostalgia Tour'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Keyboardist CHRIS PITMAN Apologizes For Calling Reunion 'Nostalgia Tour'  (Read 39176 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2016, 01:57:21 PM »

same fans over the years :

Axl touring with CD line ups > it's a cash grab, they're playing old stuff, it's a nostalgia act

Axl touring with Slash & Duff > nostalgia tour, cash grab

confused
I think that was Pitman's point. All the previous tours were viewed as cash grabs by some fans. And now, since certain members appear to be excluded from these upcoming dates, those same fans are unhappy. Thus, Chris saying it's a cash grab in their eyes. I don't think that's trashing the band, just that segment of fans.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2016, 02:46:00 PM »

Even if he was right in saying those things it is never a good idea to air your dirty laundry for public consumption.  Also to shit on your fans is not a good idea either unless your into that?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2016, 04:36:08 PM »

Even if he was right in saying those things it is never a good idea to air your dirty laundry for public consumption.  Also to shit on your fans is not a good idea either unless your into that?
I don't think he views it that way. The people he directed that at were not fans of HIS. I agree he probably shouldn't have done it, and so does he apparently based on his apology. But the comments were aimed at his detractors, not the fanbase as a whole.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2016, 04:52:24 PM »

But it's fine for some "fans" to shit on him, and continually shit on GNR?

Granted, it was a mistake to engage on that level, as it has been a mistake for other members of the band over the years that chose to address that sector of the internet.

It never turns out well. no

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2016, 06:43:05 PM »

I always loved that pic. It's like

Chris: Hey Duffster, havin the time of your life, hu? My band is a fun place to be, right?
Duff: Yeah, right...

lol exactly.

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2016, 08:53:19 PM »

I think that Chris has the same status in the fan base as Dizzy in the early 90's. But that isn't his problem. He is doing his job very well and I don't wanna miss him in GN'R.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:54:53 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2016, 08:29:03 AM »

Axl touring with CD line ups > it's a cash grab, they're playing old stuff, it's a nostalgia act

confused

That's what happens when you release one album in almost a quarter of a century yet consistently tour your old stuff.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2016, 08:32:44 AM »

I think that Chris has the same status in the fan base as Dizzy in the early 90's. But that isn't his problem. He is doing his job very well and I don't wanna miss him in GN'R.
sure, but the thing is, this is almost irrelevant now. real questions are elsewhere - like vocals quality, touring reliability and ability to release stuff (the latter is the biggest problem).

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2016, 09:43:57 AM »

sure, but the thing is, this is almost irrelevant now. real questions are elsewhere - like vocals quality, touring reliability and ability to release stuff (the latter is the biggest problem).

I honestly find it hilarious so many people have found problems to worry about.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2016, 09:55:28 AM »

But you have also heard many people put forth the idea that if all you are going to do is play mostly 25-30 year old material, at least do it with the actual band that made it and not a bunch of randos.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2016, 09:58:08 AM »

I honestly find it hilarious so many people have found problems to worry about.

Sure beats the shit out of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "la-la-la-la-la", no?  What's that getting you?

The reality is that Axl's ability to deliver is a big deal to this venture's viability.  Should that concern only be expressed by complete silence and denial, like the family member with the drinking problem we just all look the other way on?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2016, 11:02:07 AM »

Pitman Is Excelent Music & Producer, Is The AXE MAN...

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2016, 11:35:38 AM »

Sure beats the shit out of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "la-la-la-la-la", no?  What's that getting you?

The reality is that Axl's ability to deliver is a big deal to this venture's viability.  Should that concern only be expressed by complete silence and denial, like the family member with the drinking problem we just all look the other way on?

Well, there's probably a lot of other things you could talk about.

For instance:

• Will there be new video content at the shows?
  • What will the intro music be?
  • Will the piano fly this time?
  • Will Richard switch up his guitar rig for a 2 guitar band?
  • Will they perform on Jimmy Kimmel?
  • Will they perform on Jimmy Fallon?

...and that's just off the top of my head. A bunch of people talking about a 'venture's viability' like they're businessmen funding it instead of randoms on the internet sure seems weird to me.

This is cool! Why shit on something before it's started?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2016, 11:38:51 AM »

All well and good, but its astounding how talking about the very examples you just laid out somehow switches to "experts telling the band how it should be run" on a moment's notice.

A lot of times, I think the only answer people want to hear is "I'm sure everything will be great."

Fascinating.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2016, 11:40:51 AM »

Well yeah, usually it's you.

You're pretty much a stone cold bummer 99% of the time.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2016, 11:46:31 AM »

Well yeah, usually it's you.

You're pretty much a stone cold bummer 99% of the time.

Yeah, life's hard.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2016, 11:48:37 AM »

Well at least you've taken the viable opportunity to admit your own shortcomings.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2016, 11:50:53 AM »

Well at least you've taken the viable opportunity to admit your own shortcomings.

I'm not too worried about it.  I get on famously with most of the folks here.

I can't be too concerned with the few special snowflakes that need to be protected and shielded from every god damn thing. 

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2016, 11:54:06 AM »

The closet narcissist is more likely to be described as having a deflated, inadequate self-perception and greater awareness of emptiness within. The exhibitionist narcissist would be described as having an inflated, grandiose self-perception with little or no conscious awareness of the emptiness within. Such a person would assume that this condition was normal and that others were just like him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

I'm just going to leave this here.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2016, 11:55:28 AM »

I can't be too concerned with the few special snowflakes that need to be protected and shielded from every god damn thing. 

This coming from the same person who runs away from discussions when things get too uncomfortable for his own liking... Smiley
Yeah, you're "special" alright.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: