Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:54:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 498765 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2016, 01:24:09 PM »

I'm not in favor of this especially when the band is gearing up to tour

I can't imagine under any circumstances that Axl will let a commitment with AC/DC come in the way of anything GN'R have planned.

If Axl is doing this AC/DC thing, I sure it's because there was an opening.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2016, 01:36:37 PM »

Right now all GNR has is the 6 shows in April. The 10 ACDC shows could be rescheduled for before or after the GNR summer tour. It's only 10 shows. Axl's probably looking at it like I'll make bank and it's a dream come true. I can now see just the 10 shows more I think about it. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:58:22 PM by dmathski » Logged

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2016, 02:00:21 PM »

Right now all GNR has is the 6 shows in APRIL. The 10 ACDC shows could be rescheduled for before or after the GNR summer tour. It's only 10 shows. Axl's probably looking at it like I'll make bank and it's a dream come true. I can now see just the 10 shows more I think about it. 

We don't even know that they're going to do a summer tour for sure. It's nearly the beginning of April and still no dates.....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2016, 02:26:41 PM »

I suppose that the US tour will take place in autumn .
and the European tour early 2017

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2016, 02:35:08 PM »

Then its unlikely to be in stadiums.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2016, 02:35:35 PM »

If it's autumn could they do outdoor stadiums in America? Would the weather be good enough?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »

If it's autumn could they do outdoor stadiums in America? Would the weather be good enough?

They could do a indoor stadium tour as well.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2016, 03:05:59 PM »

That's an arena tour, which is typically good for 15-18K seats per night vs. a Stadium Tour which would be in the 40K-60K range depending on configuration.

The US tour could last into Autumn if you are on the tail end of the tour and hitting South East or South West locations. You would need to be out of the Mid West and North East to make sure you are avoiding what could be very cold weather. We would probably have to hear something by April to promote and sell a 25 date tour that ran from late July though Early September (think Labor Day in the US). The issue is you are already competing with several large Country shows that are booked up across most stadiums, and if you are going to use NFL stadiums the Fall is going to require working around the NFL schedule (Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays are potential conflicts)
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2016, 03:14:38 PM »

https://youtu.be/Jm47c76_XRI

Riff Raff 'nuff said

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »

That's an arena tour, which is typically good for 15-18K seats per night vs. a Stadium Tour which would be in the 40K-60K range depending on configuration.

The US tour could last into Autumn if you are on the tail end of the tour and hitting South East or South West locations. You would need to be out of the Mid West and North East to make sure you are avoiding what could be very cold weather. We would probably have to hear something by April to promote and sell a 25 date tour that ran from late July though Early September (think Labor Day in the US). The issue is you are already competing with several large Country shows that are booked up across most stadiums, and if you are going to use NFL stadiums the Fall is going to require working around the NFL schedule (Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays are potential conflicts)

There are a lot of indoor/retractable roof stadiums all across the US and Canada...I think that's what Sosso was referring to...not arenas.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2016, 03:19:06 PM »

These songs are made for Axl ,this is what Acdc have  been playing on tour this year,I'd love to hear him doing Let there be rock,Thunderstruck, Shot down in flames and for those about to rock,anyone replacing Johnson is going be criticized by the core fans but Axl is the best choice by a mile as long as he gets that wrasp back.

"Rock or Bust"
"Shoot To Thrill
"Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be"
"Back in Black"
"Play Ball"/ Or "Got Some Rock N Roll Thunder"
"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
"Thunderstruck"
"High Voltage"
"Rock 'N Roll Train"
"Hells Bells"
"Baptism by Fire / Or "Given The Dog A Bone"
"You Shook Me All Night Long"
"Sin City"
"Shot Down in Flames"
"Have a Drink on Me"
"T.N.T."
"Whole Lotta Rosie"
"Let There Be Rock"
Encore

"Highway to Hell"
"For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"s  smoking

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2016, 03:34:23 PM »

There are a lot of indoor/retractable roof stadiums all across the US and Canada...I think that's what Sosso was referring to...not arenas.

There are like 6 viable ones in the US (a few more if you count some of the shitty college domes like the Carrier Dome in Syracuse). New York, Boston, Philly, Washington DC, Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh etc... don't have those enclosed or retractable roof stadiums and they are the areas that would need them the most in a Fall tour if cold became a concern.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2016, 07:07:35 PM »

Right now all GNR has is the 6 shows in April. The 10 ACDC shows could be rescheduled for before or after the GNR summer tour. It's only 10 shows. Axl's probably looking at it like I'll make bank and it's a dream come true. I can now see just the 10 shows more I think about it. 

AC/DC Shows From May 07

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2016, 07:42:21 PM »

As for AC/DC if the big fella has to call time end it while its ahead..guest singers..ridiculous

Not sure on this point....

Adam Lambert has done a fucking excellent job holding up his part for Queen.

If you'd seen Freddie,as i did on 2 and Live Aid occasions,then you'd know that Adam (and yes ive seen them,its not queen at all in any way shape or form),does a good job but it simply isnt the same..it just isnt

Bands need to know when to let go,Taylor and May dont and it lurches on making money,and lots of it too but simply its not the same.

The same rational applies to ACDC enough time to draw a line under it.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2016, 07:46:17 PM »

Axl getting hammered 95% of the time on comments on the articles on this. People hate it

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2016, 09:01:52 PM »

Would an Axl led AC/DC have Slash.featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators and Duff McKagen's Loaded as openers..? And how about an Axl RoseAC/DC remix greatest hits album as a promotion to reassure the AC/DC fan base that Axl is the right man for the job..Just another topic, not putting this ahead of the upcoming GNR shows...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2016, 10:47:10 PM »

any one who comes to these message boards or makes a comment whether its a gnr fan or ac/dc fan they are loyalists just like we would never want anyone replacing Axl to sing guns n roses songs ac/dc fans of 30 plus years don't want anyone replacing Brian. Its a lose-lose proposition for axl if he does it gnr fans are going to worry its going to push back or delay any would be tour of their own and any ac/dc fan is just going to say oh axl can't sing now or he will show up late if he shows up at all its really sad that axl gets all this negative spot light. All we need now is Axl to replace Robert Plant in a reformed led zeppelin to really get the rioters going.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2016, 12:39:18 AM »

any one who comes to these message boards or makes a comment whether its a gnr fan or ac/dc fan they are loyalists just like we would never want anyone replacing Axl to sing guns n roses songs ac/dc fans of 30 plus years don't want anyone replacing Brian. Its a lose-lose proposition for axl if he does it gnr fans are going to worry its going to push back or delay any would be tour of their own and any ac/dc fan is just going to say oh axl can't sing now or he will show up late if he shows up at all its really sad that axl gets all this negative spot light. All we need now is Axl to replace Robert Plant in a reformed led zeppelin to really get the rioters going.

It's a lose lose except for his bank account

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2016, 07:23:09 AM »

Probably the best post I have read on this matter so far.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2016, 07:33:34 AM »

Then its unlikely to be in stadiums.

You're being too kind.

Its pretty much IMPOSSIBLE for it to be stadiums, especially since the rumor was "mostly weekend dates".  You are not sniffing NY's stadium on a weekend from late September through January, due to football.  You MIGHT be able to work around home/away schedules for much of the rest of the league in the major market, but that would be a literal logistical nightmare that would have you criss crossing the country in the least efficient way possible.  And you're NOT using baseball stadiums, with regularity (again, short a logistical nightmare), until early October, and then you run into weather issues in large swaths of the country that make Baseball stadium shows unappealing.

No, the tour is STARTING after Sept 1st, and before April 1st 2017, it's mostly arena shows in the US.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: