Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:49:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 491740 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2016, 12:04:25 PM »

Also, the corresponding pic with AC/DC is taken at a totally different time of day (if it's even the same day).  Not the differences in lighting, shadow, AND the fact there are vehicles in the AC/DC photo NOT in the Axl photo.

And maybe Axl was in town for something else and just stopped by to say "hi"? Tongue

Or maybe Axl or the other members left earlier...

A LOT earlier, by the shadows and lighting. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2016, 12:05:47 PM »

Also, the corresponding pic with AC/DC is taken at a totally different time of day (if it's even the same day).  Note the differences in lighting, shadow, AND the fact there are vehicles in the AC/DC photo NOT in the Axl photo.  The AC DC photo is taken MUCH later in the day, and the light seems diffused (cloudy, maybe?).  The Axl photo is taken earlier in the day, and it's nice and sunny.

And maybe Axl was in town for something else and just stopped by to say "hi"? Tongue
[/quote
Maybe he is doing it did that ever cross your active mind??? It's odd that GnR didn't announce specific dates I reckon Axl joining AcDc is a factor in that.]
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2016, 12:05:54 PM »

Yep...of course they would not leave the place together.

But, you leave through the exact same door, hours (or days) apart?

That seems as easily coincidence as it does evidence.

I'm not saying he WASN'T there to rehearse, or see AC/DC members.

I'm saying this isn't definitive proof he's their lead singer.

Together again,
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »

Maybe im a little behind but When did Axl say anything about his double duty tour? Or ACDC opening for Guns?

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2016, 12:08:51 PM »

Maybe he is doing it did that ever cross your active mind??? It's odd that GnR didn't announce specific dates I reckon Axl joining AcDc is a factor in that.]

Maybe.

But this isn't all that compelling evidence that he is.

I was in the same exact building, about a week ago, as a famous celebrity.

We both left using the same door.

Something must be going on, right?

I know it's not the same thing, but...."Summer 2016" for GnR would make an AC/DC tour this summer (or fall) pretty difficult, no?

And there is no way he's doing back to back full sets on a tour with 2 different bands. Is. Not.

Might he be doing SOMETHING with them? Sure.

But why do we have to instantly assume he's taking over as their front man, which seems the absolute LEAST likely scenario?

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2016, 12:09:06 PM »

Maybe im a little behind but When did Axl say anything about his double duty tour? Or ACDC opening for Guns?

Never.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2016, 12:09:18 PM »

An article came out over the weekend that was CLEARLY satire, given the amount of obvious jokes and overall ridiculousness found within.

They say satire starves on Saturday night.  Guess it does at TMZ too.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »

Stop already. It's not photoshopped.

As for AC/DC opening for GN'R with Axl singing 5 hrs night, no way.

AC/DC are intending to honor remaining shows, US & European. It's looking like Axl will lead them on at least some of them.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2016, 12:12:24 PM »

Stop already. It's not photoshopped.

Maybe not. But then the paps who took it sucks at his craft...which is equally as plausible.

Its also not taken at the same time of day (or, maybe, on the same day), as the AC/DC members exit photo.

I don't think we've seen enough evidence to make a categoric assumption about Axl being involved, or if he is, what that involvement is, in any future AC/DC plans. Not yet.

And certainly not just from this photo.

Again, he could as easily have been in Atlanta and decided to stop by...or was dropping some vocals for GnR material to send back to the band.  We. Don't. Know.

Together again,
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »

So to me it's safe to say there is a strong possibility Axl is going to be involved in helping AC/DC finish their tour!

However looking at GN'R's commitments in May I'm guessing it's most likely to be on the European dates first??

If GN'R is back out in the US in July I think this is great. Axl benefits from performing I always think.
I think him saving the day for AC/DC will be very positive.

Although I'm not sure what Angus would make of any late starts or tantrums...
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2016, 12:25:54 PM »

They didn't leave it the same time. Don't get the significance. He auditions, rehearses, whatever. The band leaves and Axl sticks around to talk to management.

Malcolm Young's son all but confirmed Axl exploring the possibility of him fronting the band.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2016, 12:27:58 PM »

He looks like he is going to a UFC fight! hihi
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:32:05 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2016, 12:28:51 PM »

one question. if this is true... does that mean that on may 19th, Axl will be singing in vienna with AC DC?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2016, 12:29:18 PM »

I'm pretty pumped about this. Of course it all come down to how will Axl sound. He looks to be in better shape and that should translate to his singing. But there will be huge interest in this. HUGE year for Axl for sure!!!  I going to guess the ACDC resched dates will be after the GNR summer tour. Maybe Sept.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2016, 12:29:50 PM »

one question. if this is true... does that mean that on may 19th, Axl will be singing in vienna with AC DC?

The rumor is it's just for the US dates

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2016, 12:31:31 PM »

but brian johnson claims he's already been canned.
that means sm1 else will have to sing in vienna.

There has been no statement yet about what will happen to the scheduled European dates.

The legendary band were due to be the first artists to play at the Olympics Stadium in London on June 4, with another date at Manchester's Etihad Stadium on June 9.

The hugely anticipated London show was set to herald the relaunch of the stadium in Stratford?s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park after its high profile conversion from being the athletics centrepiece of the 2012 games.

No official statement has been issued as yet about the tour or possible choice of new frontman.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2016, 12:33:28 PM »

My guess is it'll be the remaining 10 US dates AC/DC stated they intend to honor. If Axl signs on to do just that, it would probably be after GN'R's Summer Tour.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2016, 12:35:35 PM »

My guess is it'll be the remaining 10 US dates AC/DC stated they intend to honor. If Axl signs on to do just that, it would probably be after GN'R's Summer Tour.

That makes the most sense.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2016, 12:38:47 PM »

I don't find difficult to believe that Axl will do something with AC/DC. If that's the truth, it's clear that it won't be just a song or two, but rather one or two dates. But 10 dates I think it's too far off.

About the different lightining in the photos: I believe the Axl picture was taken when he left the building. The ACDC members pic could be taken when they arrived there (hence why they seem to be walking away from the car and in towards the truck), BEFORE Axl got there.

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2016, 12:43:14 PM »

From my understanding as many on here have said, AC/DC would be rescheduling the 10 US dates they have yet to play, which rules out the "Dream" of having AC/DC open for GN'R as, Yea! Buffalo (Where I'm from) is one of the rescheduled dates, and BOOOOOO Buffalo is not on the GNR tour. Plus, unless Axl is now singing everything in a smooth lounge singer voice, I seriously doubt he'd be able to pull off one set of AC/DC and one set of GN'R in one night without his chords just blowing up mid tour.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: