Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:01:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 491215 times)
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 09:19:28 PM »

A guest appearance would be cool..What song? Since we've heard them hopefully something other than Riff Raff or Whole lot of Rosie..But let's concentrate on these upcoming concerts!!

If it's a guest appearance for one song, that's plausible.

I thought this was for a whole show.

I can't imagine Axl making any live guest appearances at this stage of his career.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 09:24:09 PM »

A guest appearance would be cool..What song? Since we've heard them hopefully something other than Riff Raff or Whole lot of Rosie..But let's concentrate on these upcoming concerts!!

If it's a guest appearance for one song, that's plausible.

I thought this was for a whole show.

I can't imagine Axl making any live guest appearances at this stage of his career.

If convenient I think there are some people he would devote his time to.

He joined Neil Young on stage not too long ago.

I can imagine him doing something with Elton, Rolling Stones and AC/DC. But I don't think he will travel far just to make an appearance.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 08:06:12 AM »

The AC/DC thing is gaining traction here in Atlanta...listening to the rock station coming in to work this morning.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 08:43:13 AM »

The AC/DC thing is gaining traction here in Atlanta...listening to the rock station coming in to work this morning.

What am I missing... does ACDC normally rehearse in Atlanta for some strange reason?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 09:24:35 AM »

What am I missing... does ACDC normally rehearse in Atlanta for some strange reason?

I believe the postponed tour was supposed to start in Atlanta.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 09:35:47 AM »

I believe the postponed tour was supposed to start in Atlanta.

/jarmo

Ahhhh gotcha. Thanks.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 11:01:40 AM »

I can't see this happening. There really is no point to it.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2016, 12:02:36 PM »

I guess this belongs here as well:

From the Rock 100.5 radio show (Atlanta) this morning:

Jason Bailey (radio guy) heard from a very reliable source with contacts within the band that Axl will front AC/DC for the remaining 10 shows.

The GN'R camp got in contact with him (Jason) to have a meeting of sorts, as he couldn't reveal all of the information he is sitting on.

He also got information on the tour start for GN'R (dates). That was the main concern of the GN'R PR person in contact with Jason, he couldn't share that.

Today's podcast, fast forward to about 53-54 minutes.

http://baileyandsouthside.com

I'm now on the fence about this thing... not sure what to think.

Sweetness is a virtue
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2016, 12:06:35 PM »

Well perhaps they will get a group of guest singers? It'd be pretty cool.

We know Axl sings the shit out of 'whole lotta rosie" & "Riff Raff".
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2016, 12:20:38 PM »

Ya know i just the love the whole "very reliable source" concept i mean really your a radio dj have the balls to just say i heard from so and so because especially in the GNR world nobody is going to believe it until you actually hear or see something from the band or axl himself.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2016, 12:21:27 PM »

Ya know i just the love the whole "very reliable source" concept i mean really your a radio dj have the balls to just say i heard from so and so because especially in the GNR world nobody is going to believe it until you actually hear or see something from the band or axl himself.

It's a tired phrase I know.

Sweetness is a virtue
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2016, 12:28:38 PM »

He also left himself some leeway too, by saying "if this doesn't turn out to be true, don't shoot the messenger". It could be an effective way of getting people to tune into his show, or at least getting in the news. But he seemed pretty genuine, I think. Who really knows?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2016, 02:03:17 PM »

He also left himself some leeway too, by saying "if this doesn't turn out to be true, don't shoot the messenger". It could be an effective way of getting people to tune into his show, or at least getting in the news. But he seemed pretty genuine, I think. Who really knows?

So much gossip, so many rumors- I take things with a grain of salt if they arent reported and endorsed from a reliable site, like here, Nightrain or the GNR FB.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2016, 02:04:37 PM »

God forbid the band say anything.

For the record, I can't believe this is true. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2016, 02:14:33 PM »

God forbid the band say anything.

For the record, I can't believe this is true. 

It's certainly a strange development if true.

We don't know GN'R's original plans though, it could be that the AC/DC shows didn't conflict with their tentative schedule.

Sweetness is a virtue
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2016, 02:36:35 PM »

The "very reliable source" concept is a legit one. He should just say it's "a source". If the guy needs to attach the "very reliable" next to it, it's a bad sign. Not saying he is full of shit, but I don't buy it unless it comes from a.. humm.. more reliable source than a radio DJ who probably use random local show promoters as a source.

Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2016, 04:36:46 PM »

Oh Jesus

Stop reading any shit who write about Axl , these sites are a big garbage can , tell me what level of confidence they have?
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »

Gn'R probably have the very worst band management (sans the past 3-4 months) that I've ever heard of.

So little comes out. Maybe that is because 1 guy holds the keys?

Yeah probably. I just hate that.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2016, 04:47:55 PM »

Gn'R probably have the very worst band management (sans the past 3-4 months) that I've ever heard of.

You do realize that just because you found out about something "3-4 months" ago, doesn't mean the same management wasn't there working on whatever changed your mind to happen, way before that.... Right?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2016, 04:49:55 PM »

yeah I know. it was just really frustrating getting so little over so long.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: