Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:17:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 491632 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2300 on: February 01, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »

If no new album, more Axl/DC would be an OK tradeoff. But I'd much rather have new gnr music

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2301 on: February 02, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »

If no new album, more Axl/DC would be an OK tradeoff. But I'd much rather have new gnr music

I would think, now that Slash & Duff are back, that the majority of rock fans would prefer a new GNR album.  That said, if for whatever reason a GNR album just isn't happening, I wouldn't dislike the idea of an Axl/DC album.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2302 on: February 02, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »

Is it biased to say the world would be more excited about a new GN'R album rather than an AC/DC album?

I mean both would be great, but another Axl/Slash/Duff album would make headlines all over...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #2303 on: February 03, 2017, 05:28:43 PM »

The good news would be Axl/DC could do an album in a few weeks.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #2304 on: February 03, 2017, 06:36:25 PM »

Is it biased to say the world would be more excited about a new GN'R album rather than an AC/DC album?

I mean both would be great, but another Axl/Slash/Duff album would make headlines all over...

Biased yes but would it still be true? I think it simply would. If AC/DC announce a new album there is nothing in general news. Some music sites give a date for a new album.

If GNR were to announce something it would, I believe, hit the general news as well with headlines along the lines of 'Legendary re-united rock n' roll band Guns N' Roses to release a new album'. Then a lot of buzz about the actual date and the name of the album.

And also many mentions about how this is their latest album since a very long time.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:37:56 PM by Lord Stan » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2305 on: February 03, 2017, 06:45:22 PM »

Biased yes but would it still be true? I think it simply would. If AC/DC announce a new album there is nothing in general news. Some music sites give a date for a new album.

If GNR were to announce something it would, I believe, hit the general news as well with headlines along the lines of 'Legendary re-united rock n' roll band Guns N' Roses to release a new album'. Then a lot of buzz about the actual date and the name of the album.

And also many mentions about how this is their latest album since a very long time.

If it's objectively true, can it at the same time be just a biased opinion?

Anyhow, level of excitement is kind of difficult to get an accurate reading on. The point I was trying to make was that I'm hoping more for new GN'R music rather than Axl/DC. Although the latter would be amazing as well.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2306 on: February 03, 2017, 07:41:55 PM »

When an artist or band such as GNR  has reached legendary status on music that has stood the test  of time, anything new will be compared to that.

AC/DC has always been more straight forward Rock, so not as much pressure there. So maybe we will see something from AXL/DC before GNR just because of the expectations fans have on new music.

Those deep thoughts notwithstanding, , Ill take whatever I can get as I'm sure we all would.  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2307 on: February 04, 2017, 07:21:38 AM »

AC/DC fans would be pretty un-receptive to a new album with Axl I reckon, on the whole.

I think, sadly, most of the record buying public would probably just shrug at a new GNR album too. I know which I'd prefer though!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2308 on: February 04, 2017, 02:07:16 PM »

If Metallica can still sell records, I think GNR can.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2309 on: February 04, 2017, 02:22:06 PM »

If Metallica can still sell records, I think GNR can.
Metallica is big band,but to be honest in our liftime Guns N Roses is the biggest hard rock band...This Not in this lifetime tour is a prove...To the end of year it will be bigger tour than any of Metallica or Acdc tours...It's
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2310 on: February 05, 2017, 01:57:57 AM »

AC/DC fans would be pretty un-receptive to a new album with Axl I reckon, on the whole.

They didn't seem super pumped.  I thought he sounded great with them though.

But...how much time would we have for a Guns N' Roses album without Axl?  I get their stance.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #2311 on: February 05, 2017, 02:59:30 AM »

They didn't seem super pumped.  I thought he sounded great with them though.

But...how much time would we have for a Guns N' Roses album without Axl?  I get their stance.

I think it would be met with caution but with the right material could be absolutely amazing.

I really hope it happens.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #2312 on: February 05, 2017, 10:37:17 AM »

I think what a lot of folks don't get is it's highly doubtful Axl and ACDC will do an album when Brian Johnson is still technically a member. He can't tour but he can go into the studio.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #2313 on: February 06, 2017, 10:35:31 AM »

I think what a lot of folks don't get is it's highly doubtful Axl and ACDC will do an album when Brian Johnson is still technically a member. He can't tour but he can go into the studio.
Agreed - could see an AXL/DC track or two being bonus material if a new album for them drops

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2314 on: February 06, 2017, 03:06:37 PM »

But it's kind of an awkward situation to go into the studio with Brian knowing full well you'll need to replace him if you want to tour in support of that album. It's alot more linear just to bang out an album/tour with Axl.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #2315 on: February 04, 2018, 02:28:24 AM »

Axl Rose Reportedly Has New Album Planned With Surprising Band
By Brett Buchanan -  Feb 4, 2018 0

Murray Engleheart has reported some big news on Facebook about Axl Rose and AC/DC.

Engleheart wrote, ?Speculate all you want but I?ve said it before and I?ll say it again: AC/DC will continue with Axl on vocals ? new album, touring, the whole nine yards. What was a massive gamble by Angus turned out to be an equally enormous triumph that has set the scene for the future.?

Murray Engleheart is one of Australia?s most respected music writers with a career that spans more than a quarter of a century. He is a noted authority on AC/DC and has interviewed the members of the band on numerous occasions.

He wrote the books AC/DC Maximum Rock and Roll: The Ultimate Story of the World?s Greatest Rock and Roll Band in 2006 and Blood, Sweat and Beers: Oz Rock from the Aztecs to Rose Tattoo in 2010.

https://www.alternativenation.net/axl-rose-reportedly-has-new-album-planned-with-surprising-band/

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #2316 on: February 05, 2018, 04:41:58 AM »

What is this:

https://metalwani.com/2018/02/acdc-reportedly-to-record-new-album-tour-again-with-axl-rose.html

New music? Nice. Cool. Or maybe not.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #2317 on: February 05, 2018, 10:49:35 AM »

That'd be fun and all that. I'd definitely go see AC/DC with Axl again and would buy any music they put out (as long as it's with Axl). For SURE.

But if this is true in any shape or form, it could very well mean Axl will not record anything with Guns for a long while. And that kind of sucks.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2318 on: February 05, 2018, 11:10:18 AM »

awesome...waiting for confirmation now

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2319 on: February 05, 2018, 12:12:47 PM »

Interesting that the last posts on this thread were EXACTLY a year ago!

I'm not so keen on this- I mean, it would be great to hear, but I'd give 100 AC/DC albums for just ONE gnr song. And any time spent ON AC/DC would inevitably mean less time spent on GNR.

If it's a choice between AC/DC and nothing though....then bring it on.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: