Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:42:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 491604 times)
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #2320 on: February 05, 2018, 12:40:49 PM »

NME and Loudwire are also picking up on the story...

http://loudwire.com/acdc-will-they-continue-axl-rose/

http://www.nme.com/news/music/acdc-to-reportedly-continue-touring-and-release-new-music-with-axl-rose-2236871

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2321 on: February 05, 2018, 01:02:43 PM »

Sadly, the NME isn't what it used to be, and will basically pick up on anything, true or not these days to get a few clicks.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2322 on: February 05, 2018, 07:38:24 PM »

Id love to hear an AC/DC album with Axl.
Bring it on!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2323 on: February 05, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »

If this is true, it's sad on all fronts.   Sad

AC/DC is continuing to limp on with one member and a Guns N Roses member.  Seriously guys, it's better to leave the party early than to stay too late.  AC/DC's legacy is secure, why not let it be?

This also seems to indicate that Axl will record with AC/DC before he records with Guns N Roses.  Seriously Axl, how many years did you spend fighting for the name Guns N Roses and fiercely protecting what you felt its legacy was?  Only to abdicate the beast and go record under the AC/DC name instead?

It won't really be an AC/DC album anyway, since Angus is the only member left.  With Axl, it would just sound like a weird, incomplete Guns N Roses album regardless of who's playing on it.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #2324 on: February 05, 2018, 09:35:24 PM »

If this is true, it's sad on all fronts.   Sad

AC/DC is continuing to limp on with one member and a Guns N Roses member.  Seriously guys, it's better to leave the party early than to stay too late.  AC/DC's legacy is secure, why not let it be?

This also seems to indicate that Axl will record with AC/DC before he records with Guns N Roses.  Seriously Axl, how many years did you spend fighting for the name Guns N Roses and fiercely protecting what you felt its legacy was?  Only to abdicate the beast and go record under the AC/DC name instead?

It won't really be an AC/DC album anyway, since Angus is the only member left.  With Axl, it would just sound like a weird, incomplete Guns N Roses album regardless of who's playing on it.

Not trying to start a musical religious war here... but please explain to me how any of what you said above is any different than the 2000-2014 era of Guns N Roses? It was 1 original member hanging on to a hall of fame name and legacy?

"It won't really be an AC/DC album anyway, since Angus is the only member left" ummm... What is the name of the band on Chinese Democracy???
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #2325 on: February 06, 2018, 07:01:15 AM »

With Axl, it would just sound like a weird, incomplete Guns N Roses album regardless of who's playing on it.

This is exactly why it all is simply wrong.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #2326 on: February 06, 2018, 10:05:48 AM »

All for the Ac/Dc thing but if he records new music with Angus before recording with Slash it will not make me very happy in pants Roll Eyes
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2327 on: February 06, 2018, 01:46:49 PM »

Do we really know what the source for this news is?  It seems like clickbait or an unsubstantiated rumor at best.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #2328 on: February 06, 2018, 02:37:03 PM »

please explain to me how any of what you said above is any different than the 2000-2014 era of Guns N Roses?

Please explain to me where I said it was any different.  Guns N Roses 2000-2014 isn't the subject of this thread, so I didn't bring it up.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2329 on: February 06, 2018, 02:48:05 PM »

Do we really know what the source for this news is?  It seems like clickbait or an unsubstantiated rumor at best.

As ever- we don't. I believe rumours around this band about as much as I believe the earth of flat. Many many years of hearing absolute crap have taught me that- and it's only got worse now people don't even bother to check sources before running stories on their crappy websites that they scraped off other crappy websites.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #2330 on: February 06, 2018, 05:31:17 PM »

please explain to me how any of what you said above is any different than the 2000-2014 era of Guns N Roses?

Please explain to me where I said it was any different.  Guns N Roses 2000-2014 isn't the subject of this thread, so I didn't bring it up.

You didn't say it was, which is why I asked. It wasn't directly a shot at you, it just brought up the idea that AC/DC should stop because there is 1 member (which is a popular opinion) yet this community and this site stayed deeply behind Axl's decision to do exactly that for almost 15 years.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #2331 on: February 06, 2018, 11:36:13 PM »

just brought up the idea that AC/DC should stop because there is 1 member (which is a popular opinion) yet this community and this site stayed deeply behind Axl's decision to do exactly that for almost 15 years.

Yep, that's certainly true.  There isn't a difference, really.  Though I am sure that AC/DC also has its fans that support Angus continuing on as 1 original member.  I personally disagree(d) with both one member scenarios, but others have their opinions I suppose.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:38:08 PM by Bridge » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2332 on: February 07, 2018, 11:11:51 AM »

I had a great time when I saw Axl perform with AC DC....but this would be a kick in the gut...

After all these years... to have an ACDC record before a GNR one...

Especially with all the momentum the GNR name has at the moment...

Hopefully...this turns out to be false and GNR and a GNR record remains a priority over an ACDC record.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2333 on: February 07, 2018, 11:52:11 AM »

I had a great time when I saw Axl perform with AC DC....but this would be a kick in the gut...

Hopefully...this turns out to be false and GNR and a GNR record remains a priority over an ACDC record.

I think this is how I feel. I had great fun seeing the show- but I would feel a bit annoyed if we got an AC/DC record and not even the leftover Chinese material, the remix album, or even a live album. I think it would send out a message to a lot of people that GNR isn't a priority at all.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #2334 on: February 07, 2018, 11:55:15 AM »

Hopefully...this turns out to be false and GNR and a GNR record remain a priority over an ACDC record.
It might actually prove to be the catalyst to get him in the studio with GnR. If the experience and the Axl/dc record is received well, it may be the driver to see new music from our band.  It could also see him dipping his toes into the burning oils of the record industry practices these days, without his own creation being shafted. An old hand in Angus, will certainly help him see things working from a different perspective, and hopefully a positive one.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2335 on: February 07, 2018, 07:59:44 PM »

You cupcakes cry too much.

You all must be fantastic in bed with all your whining and complaints.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #2336 on: February 08, 2018, 12:27:09 AM »

Well, let's just say my bitches don't need me to provide a Mechanical Bull to experience "Satisfaction Guaranteed".....   Tongue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2337 on: February 08, 2018, 05:21:21 AM »

You cupcakes cry too much.

Don't see too much whining and conplaining on here, just a conversation between fans.

Not sure why you're wondering what our sex lives are like. Pretty weird.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2338 on: February 08, 2018, 06:45:55 AM »

People's minds work in different ways....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #2339 on: February 09, 2018, 04:25:19 AM »

I don't see why this is any more credible than all the Guns album rumours we've heard over the years. Not because AC/DC don't put out albums, and I don't doubt Angus is always working on riffs and songs - just that people have and always will speculate on Axl and recording. I don't think one guy's hearsay counts for much.

That said, do I think we're more likely to hear an Axl/DC album before a new Guns record? Yeah, probably, but only because such a venture would be lot less pressure for Axl than 'the first original album with Slash since 1991', and it would likely amount to Angus presenting Axl with 10 near complete instrumentals and saying 'here, you wanna put some vocals on these'? He'd probably find it a walk in the park.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: