Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:01:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 488243 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2360 on: February 15, 2018, 07:09:39 AM »

So, they say the man was recently worth $150m (that doesn't include whatever came from the succesful tour), which should be enough for most things. Of course, the figure is low as fuck compared to what could've been.

Yeah, that's more what I was getting at.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2361 on: February 28, 2018, 12:29:47 AM »

I personally loved what Axl did with AC/DC.

I'd go so far as to say (gasp), I'm more excited about seeing Axl/DC in 2018/19 than I would be the GNR Reunion for a 3rd time. Guns is still my favorite band, but I really LOVED everything I saw Axl do with ACDC.

Agreed, unless they mix it up with lots of deep cuts (I'd kill to hear The Garden), I'm more excited by Axl/DC.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #2362 on: March 04, 2018, 11:24:19 AM »

Hm.  For ages, probably ever since it became clear that there wasn't going to be a quick follow-up to Chinese Democracy (if I remember correctly, Baz had talked about a planned trilogy.  Whether pr that was ever a set plan, it obviously didn't happen), people have leapt to every damned thing that was supposedly going to Inspire Axl To Make A Record - working with DJ Ashba, the Vegas DVD, the reunion with Slash and Duff, playing with AC/DC, the 30th anniversary of Appetite For Destruction... all of these things were supposedly going to remind Axl how much he really, deep down, loves making records in a studio.  So far as we can see, and so far as the lack of rumours - never mind official announcements - indicate, none of them have done so.  Maybe recording with Angus would do it, but I suspect it wouldn't.

I think there has to come a point where you just make peace with there never being another Guns N' Roses album.  I'd love there to be one, and whether it's the so-called Chinese Leftovers, or a split-new record, I'd certainly buy it on the first day, just like I, and most of us, did with Chinese Democracy.  But I'm not holding out for it, and I'm not really expecting it.  Plenty other bands, including some of my favourite groups, release new music often enough, I'm not going to run out of new things to listen to.  Any residual thoughts of having a new Guns N' Roses album to listen to are there more from fond hope than expectation.

But then, even very late on, I never thought Slash would return...

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2363 on: March 05, 2018, 07:06:53 AM »

I would suggest to just read and listen to what he's said over the years on the subject instead of trying to come to conclusions without doing so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2364 on: March 05, 2018, 09:24:54 AM »

I would suggest to just read and listen to what he's said over the years on the subject instead of trying to come to conclusions without doing so.

/jarmo

Yeah but you can't put that much faith in past comments because as we all know things change. 

"What?s clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is." (Axl in 2009)

We can dance around it all we want, but it's painfully obvious to me that, if and when he wants to release new music, he will.  Period. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2365 on: March 05, 2018, 10:59:25 AM »

Sure.

But he's still talked about it. Most recently in 2016.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2366 on: March 14, 2018, 01:11:39 PM »

so what's the hold up on 3 albums worth of music since 2001 ? There's two in the vault waiting for.... ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2367 on: March 14, 2018, 03:10:12 PM »

so what's the hold up on 3 albums worth of music since 2001 ? There's two in the vault waiting for.... ?

I can think of one thing for example.
If you have a band touring, would you put out an album with mostly people who aren't in the band at the moment?

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2368 on: March 15, 2018, 05:28:47 AM »

no, it needs to have the same people actually in the band.
does it takes long to replace some guitar and bass parts? not that much

I would worry more about the time Axl would take to write/record lyrics for new Slash/Duff/(Izzy?!) stuff...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2369 on: March 16, 2018, 05:55:42 PM »

If you have a band touring, would you put out an album with mostly people who aren't in the band at the moment?

/jarmo

They rearranged Better pretty quickly.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #2370 on: March 17, 2018, 03:58:36 PM »

I am one of those fools who actually still believes new music is coming up, created entirely by this line-up.

Some say I'm crazy, I guess I'll always be  hihi

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #2371 on: March 17, 2018, 07:21:38 PM »

/jarmo

That makes sense post 2014, but not that much before. We?re all just bitter though, because we really wanna hear that stuff. It?s weird how I?m really curious about atlas shrugged and ides of March, just because the names sound cool. I never heard a note of either song lol

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2372 on: May 19, 2018, 05:36:59 AM »

well, after Fernando answers about new music, I think I will finally stop waiting for it, and call it a day.

it was a long ride and a weird one.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2373 on: May 19, 2018, 02:10:13 PM »

well, after Fernando answers about new music, I think I will finally stop waiting for it, and call it a day.

it was a long ride and a weird one.

Uh... whst did he say about new music? Something?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2374 on: May 19, 2018, 03:14:12 PM »

He said the new Tool album will coincide with a new GNR album!😎
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:22:58 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2375 on: May 19, 2018, 04:29:35 PM »

Then i will get 2 new albums in November! YES!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #2376 on: May 19, 2018, 05:11:47 PM »

Wait, what??  When was this?
Am I missing a joke here?
Why isn't this huge???

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2377 on: May 19, 2018, 05:14:33 PM »

Wait, what??  When was this?
Am I missing a joke here?
Why isn't this huge???

Splash

/Mike

I think it's supposed to be a joke yeah. I don't get it either- but nothing has been said about a new tool or gnr album at all.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2378 on: May 20, 2018, 12:56:54 AM »

Actually Tool reportedly has most of their album done. I assume the comment was a joke on the fact that Tool takes notoriously long, but right now people close to them are saying the album is well into the recording process. I guess the question then becomes how familiar is Fernando with the progress of Tool's album? He could have no idea and think it's still open ended as it was for the past decade, or be following the progress and know that it's actually coming along.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2379 on: May 20, 2018, 04:22:11 AM »

Actually Tool reportedly has most of their album done. I assume the comment was a joke on the fact that Tool takes notoriously long, but right now people close to them are saying the album is well into the recording process. I guess the question then becomes how familiar is Fernando with the progress of Tool's album? He could have no idea and think it's still open ended as it was for the past decade, or be following the progress and know that it's actually coming along.

He's never mentioned Tool!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: