Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:52:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Wear shirts of Izzy at the gnr concerts
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wear shirts of Izzy at the gnr concerts  (Read 15501 times)
jeorose
Rocker

Get In The Ring Motherfucker

« on: March 25, 2016, 12:02:12 PM »

Izzy was offered tens of thousands of dollars to appear for 2-3 songs as he?s done in the past.

Izzy wanted more money and/or the full time spot.

Based on Izzy?s history, there was no reason to believe he?d showed up reliably full time or not just end up quitting, not to mention Axl [Rose] being loyal to Richard [Fortus].

Who cares about Richard we should wear a shirt at the concert
We want Izzy! fortus out!

Kill Your Idols
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 12:18:56 PM »

Where is this coming from??

I'm quite happy with Richard. Izzy ain't toured properly even in a solo capacity in decades so I think Richards certainly earned a spot.

Don't quite get this topic...
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 01:01:35 PM »

Ya...I don't get it either...I'm thrilled Fortus is part of this. He's been there day in day out for 14 years...he's definitely earned a spot in all of this. I really think this is the perfect lineup going forward. I'm also glad that it's Frank and not Adler or Sorum.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 01:07:05 PM »

That totally makes sense. Don't want people to get half naked, right?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 01:13:51 PM »

That totally makes sense. Don't want people to get half naked, right?

Yeah.

Just because Richard occasionally takes off his shirt at the shows, doesn't mean you have to. It's ok to wear a shirt.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 01:25:48 PM »

Richard is the best guitarist for the reunion.  peace
And it's Izzys own decision to show up or not to show up.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 04:58:13 PM »

I think Izzy is the most important guy in GNR history after Axl.

He's also a HUGE flake. 

Pretty sure they can count on Richard showing up each night.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 11:58:18 PM »

Izzy was offered tens of thousands of dollars to appear for 2-3 songs as he?s done in the past.

Based on Izzy?s history, there was no reason to believe he?d showed up reliably full time or not just end up quitting, not to mention Axl [Rose] being loyal to Richard [Fortus].

Where are you getting this information? Out of the air or a certain orifice?

I want Ole Beich back, anyone know where I can get an Ole Beich shirt to wear to tbe shows?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 12:29:35 AM »

Where are you getting this information? Out of the air or a certain orifice?

I want Ole Beich back, anyone know where I can get an Ole Beich shirt to wear to tbe shows?

Hahahaha

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 10:28:23 PM »

The suicide of Ole Beich is not funny at all.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 10:31:33 PM »

Ya... because that's what they were joking about... get a clue.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 09:26:28 AM »

Are you for real?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 11:56:27 PM »

We don't know what Izzy was offered or if he was offered anything or if he chose not to be involved and what that reason might be.

I love Izzy as much as the next guy, and would love to see him appear in the band again.     But Fortus is awesome too.. 
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 12:17:32 PM »

I'm glad that Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer are still in the band. Richard and Slash are a very cool guitar duo on stage and Frank is just a awesome drummer.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 02:36:50 PM »

Looks like somebody broke out the ol' "Where's Izzy" sign!   hihi

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 03:01:26 PM »

HAHA !

That's an awesome pic.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 04:32:06 PM »

Hahahahha, awesome indeed.

Princess Leia
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 04:37:44 PM »

Yeah I've seen that picture  rofl

I wonder if Axl saw the banner. Probably not because he was siting in that throne. For sure Slash and Duff did  smoking
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 10:26:29 PM »

The idea is harebrained, but that sign is funny.  Big ups to that guy.

Unless he held it up all night and fucked the people behind him.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 03:13:37 PM »

In case you guys don't know. Tony Trujillo is a member of this forum. Fucking great pictures, man!
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 06:39:37 AM »

I don't think that banner is funny at all. It goes with the demanding, narcissistic 'I want want I want' attitude and generation that fucks everything up.

You don't know shit about why Izzy isn't there. So stfu and either stay away or go to an Izzy show. Oh no, you can't because he rarely performs.  hihi Hmmm, might that be for a similar reason as why he isn't part of the current incarnation of GnR?  Grin How hard is it to get it through your thick skull that Izzy will not be a full time member of GnR. It's been that way for 25 years already. Go see a psychiatrist if you can't deal with that. Because you are being extremely rude to Richard Fortus who's been playing his ass off for over 15 years already.

Just enjoy what has been offered to you or go enjoy something else. It's not up to the fans to demand anything.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 10:23:15 AM »

It usually is that way. But I think it's funny because it's a nod to the "Where's Izzy" thing on Don't Cry video. I took it that way.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 11:47:31 AM »

I don't think that banner is funny at all. It goes with the demanding, narcissistic 'I want want I want' attitude and generation that fucks everything up.

You don't know shit about why Izzy isn't there. So stfu and either stay away or go to an Izzy show. Oh no, you can't because he rarely performs.  hihi Hmmm, might that be for a similar reason as why he isn't part of the current incarnation of GnR?  Grin How hard is it to get it through your thick skull that Izzy will not be a full time member of GnR. It's been that way for 25 years already. Go see a psychiatrist if you can't deal with that. Because you are being extremely rude to Richard Fortus who's been playing his ass off for over 15 years already.

Just enjoy what has been offered to you or go enjoy something else. It's not up to the fans to demand anything.

If I could, I'd pay to have an xanax dispenser in your home.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »

I agree, enough with the entitlement and silly petitions.  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2016, 02:13:14 PM »

If I could, I'd pay to have an xanax dispenser in your home.

LOL, criticism is hard for some people  hihi Get over yourself.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2016, 04:11:30 PM »

Nah, I have no issues with what you said.. you just seem pretty would up and high strung like a fucking harp...

So I said what I said. Point blank. It's so easy easy....

I'm not on myself. I agree with what you said, if Izzy doesn't want in.. then fine. I personally would love him in there sure... but Richard is more than capable than holding the fort down. He clearly isn't interested or hasn't been asked. So at this point, with Richard fucking killing the songs. Who cares?

If a new album comes up, I would want Izzy's songwriting skills in there for sure though.

But don't damn me
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 04:35:43 PM »

Nah, I have no issues with what you said.. you just seem pretty would up and high strung like a fucking harp...

So I said what I said. Point blank. It's so easy easy....

I'm not on myself. I agree with what you said, if Izzy doesn't want in.. then fine. I personally would love him in there sure... but Richard is more than capable than holding the fort down. He clearly isn't interested or hasn't been asked. So at this point, with Richard fucking killing the songs. Who cares?

If a new album comes up, I would want Izzy's songwriting skills in there for sure though.

English is not my first language (European) so there might be a bit of miscommunication here. I never was directing anything I said towards you, nor am I 'wound up' or 'high strung like a fucking harp'. I don't even know what you mean by that, but I have an idea. But this is the internet, and people take things way too seriously. I am simply just annoyed (not by you) by so many people bitching and moaning about Izzy and how it's disrespectful of the other three to not include him. I never understood that and never will. When Slash and Duff weren't with Guns I simply accepted that, even though I preferred them over Tommy and Bucket/Bumble/DJ/Robin....I just don't get people going to great lengths about something that's been gone for such a long time. Like stalker ex-partners: they ought to let it go.

But I agree with you that it would be amazing if Izzy was involved in the songwriting. I am still very curious about that BEST GnR album that was ditched in the first stages of Velvet Revolver.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 05:04:50 PM »

Well said, we're all square then.

Peace brother.

But don't damn me
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 08:10:58 PM »

http://propertyofzack.com/post/71039836105/why-we-should-stop-feeling-entitled-and-start

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:22:24 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 05:07:58 AM »

http://propertyofzack.com/post/71039836105/why-we-should-stop-feeling-entitled-and-start

Well that article sums up quite nicely what I currently think of the general fans of many artists....  peace

Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2016, 11:59:41 AM »

Richard is a great guitarist.  I don't recall Izzy or Gilby handling any solos in the 90s. Richard can, and one can only assume - will handle some of them.

Now if it gets to the point where they're writing and recording, I'd love to see some more Rose/Stradlin songwriting credits. 

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 09:13:47 PM »

I'm with you op!  Just point me to Izzy's online store and I'll buy 5 with his face on them right now!  smoking
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: