Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:36:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Melissa Reese as second keyboardist
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Melissa Reese as second keyboardist  (Read 32409 times)
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2016, 03:59:48 PM »

I guess technically, Ashba was a touring member. Melissa's obviously accomplished - I just don't think that Guns N' Roses needs 2 keyboardists. Hell, with Axl on keys, there are now more keyboards than guitars in Guns N' Roses.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2016, 05:09:03 PM »

I don't think that she is just a touring member. Chris Pitman wasn't just a touring member too.

With Slash and Duff back in the band I think they'll steer towards a more classic rock n roll sound if they're to record new material. There might not be a need for a permanent member in Pitman's old position.

I think she's part of the shows now to provide backing vocals, sampling and effects.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2016, 05:14:48 PM »

I don't think that she is just a touring member. Chris Pitman wasn't just a touring member too.

With Slash and Duff back in the band I think they'll steer towards a more classic rock n roll sound if they're to record new material. There might not be a need for a permanent member in Pitman's old position.

I think she's part of the shows now to provide backing vocals, sampling and effects.

I think that she will play a important role not only at live shows... but also at songwriting and recording.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2016, 05:16:20 PM »

I think that she will play a important role not only at live shows... but also at songwriting and recording.

What makes you think that?

Sweetness is a virtue
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2016, 05:23:31 PM »

- Vocals
- Synthesizers
- Support For Axl
- Support New Sound
- Female Voice Lyrical Style

Guys... Understand, This Year 2016 !!! NOT 1985.

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2016, 05:28:51 PM »

- Vocals
- Synthesizers
- Support For Axl
- Support New Sound

Cool

I definitely think she's needed for the Chinese songs live. A nice addition for the backing vocals on all songs as well.

But it all depends on what they want to do in the studio from here on. Do they want to build on the Chinese sound and create songs with a certain electronic element to them or not?

If not, she might not be working with them in the studio.

Don't know what you mean by "support for Axl"? Moral support?  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2016, 05:34:33 PM »

- Vocals
- Synthesizers
- Support For Axl
- Support New Sound

Cool

I definitely think she's needed for the Chinese songs live. A nice addition for the backing vocals on all songs as well.

But it all depends on what they want to do in the studio from here on. Do they want to build on the Chinese sound and create songs with a certain electronic element to them or not?

If not, she might not be working with them in the studio.

Don't know what you mean by "support for Axl"? Moral support?  hihi

AjajAJajAJja, Not, Vocals Effects, Corus, New Sound & Style... Understand HEADHARD !!!

hihi rofl hihi

Spirit

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2016, 05:35:54 PM »

What makes you think that?

she is a musician since she was three or four , and she also has a lot of experience in terms of writing, recording and producing of music.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2016, 05:36:35 PM »

AjajAJajAJja, Not, Vocals Effects, Corus, New Sound & Style... Understand HEADHARD !!!

hihi rofl hihi

Spirit

beer

I thought vocal effects were done by the sound engineer.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2016, 05:47:32 PM »

she is a musician since she was three or four , and she also has a lot of experience in terms of writing, recording and producing of music.

I understand that, but most of the music she's done is a very different style of music than GN'R right?

I'm not very familiar with her previous work, other than I know she's worked with Brain in the past.

If I were to guess, I think the main songwriters for a new album would be Axl and Slash. If Izzy is lurking somewhere in the curtains, he would be involved as well. Duff and Richard would probably have writing credits to some songs as well.

Sweetness is a virtue
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2016, 06:01:01 PM »

I hope she can do intro to better. Axl sounds creepy there...
while talkin bout better... do we have any info as to how Slash played it? was it any Better Cheesy?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2016, 06:06:24 PM »

hihi rofl hihi

Spirit

beer

I thought vocal effects were done by the sound engineer.
It is. But people have this misconception that Pitman/Melissa are responsable for any effects. And they even complain because of that. Tongue

Slashblack
Opening Act

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2016, 10:32:27 PM »

I just have to point out that GN'R toured with female musicians over 2 decades ago...why have some people felt the need to sensationalize the fact that the new keyboardist is a woman?  Doesn't anyone remember Tracy, Roberta, or the 976 Horns?

If she can sing and play, who cares?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2016, 10:34:49 PM »

Still recall those Metaledge magazines with full page Lita Ford pictures..To young to buy Playboy etc, pre-internet, I can't begin to tell you how much Lita Ford helped me out back than....those were the days...

Samantha Fox too.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2016, 11:10:31 PM »

I don't see the point.  I mean it's a reunion tour........ it should be how it was back then.  For future recordings, maybe, but the old songs don't need her and that will more then likely be the bulk of the set list.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2016, 11:13:19 PM »

Still recall those Metaledge magazines with full page Lita Ford pictures..To young to buy Playboy etc, pre-internet, I can't begin to tell you how much Lita Ford helped me out back than....those were the days...

Samantha Fox too.

I wish I still had my Samantha Fox Poster
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2016, 05:25:19 AM »

I don't see the point.  I mean it's a reunion tour........ it should be how it was back then.  For future recordings, maybe, but the old songs don't need her and that will more then likely be the bulk of the set list.

It's not a reunion tour.  It should have been, but it's not.

Even if it was, there were 2 keyboard players for most of the UYI tour as well.  In fact there were lot more musicians on stage then, than there are now.  I'm not saying it's necessary or that I like it that way (the '91 UYI tour lineup is in my opinion the pinnacle of GNR), I'm just stating fact.

What's extremely funny is that Melissa has gotten more attention and/or coverage in a few days than Pitman EVER had  Grin

For someone who feels the need to point out that he had been 'in the band' for over 18 years, this just proves that he's not very interesting and VERY replaceable.

By the way, who says Melissa is a band member ?  I've never considered Pitman a band member.  Teddy wasn't a band member.

At least they got rid of the third guitar player !

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2016, 06:50:45 AM »

Melissa Reese<Twister

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2016, 06:53:21 AM »

I hope she becomes a full time member.... she's quite pretty!  ok

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2016, 07:02:59 AM »

It's not a reunion tour.  It should have been, but it's not.

It should have been... says who?

Even if it was, there were 2 keyboard players for most of the UYI tour as well.  In fact there were lot more musicians on stage then, than there are now.

This is actually a very good point, I'm surprised it's coming from you.

By the way, who says Melissa is a band member ?  I've never considered Pitman a band member.  Teddy wasn't a band member.

But that's just you. I could say that I never considered XXX a band member, but it makes no difference to what someone else thinks. Considering that Pitman was with the band from the late 90's to at least 2014 and he's credited on CD, I'd consider him a band member. It's stupid to make a comparison to Teddy who only appeared on UYI tour from late 91 to early 93.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: