Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:53:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227832 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Factors that have restored Axl's Confidence and vintage Singing
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Factors that have restored Axl's Confidence and vintage Singing  (Read 9039 times)
Annie
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 10:56:22 AM »

Why do you have to be so negative? Axl always sounds great but these last 2 shows were mind blowing!

Are you huffing paint?

I have comments all over these threads about how he's sounded good.  How he crushed 'Coma' both nights.  How he even did a good YCBM, which has been a trouble spot.

Get some facts and get back to me, sweetheart.  But not until then.
The fact is that I am NOT your sweetheart.
What was the point of the not lately comment?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 11:12:03 AM »

That there were not all these threads about how amazing he sounded in Spring 2014 or Winter 2012.

Thus, the claim "there are always threads about how he good he sounds at the beginning of tours" is not accurate.

He sounds pretty good in the clips from both the Troubador and Las Vegas.  But that hardly makes the previous tour's vocals retroactively awesome.  What sense does that make?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 11:20:53 AM »

DX, as hard as it is man, sometimes you have to sit back and watch the world burn...

And yes DX and myself have been praising Axl largely. SO chill it.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 11:28:45 AM »

Everybody seems happy.

I can only think of a literal few dissidents.  And even they aren't fully committed to hating on the current situation.

It's an amazing time to be a GNR fan.  And for a change, that's not sarcasm.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 11:30:13 AM »

Everybody seems happy.

I can only think of a literal few dissidents.  And even they aren't fully committed to hating on the current situation.

It's an amazing time to be a GNR fan.  And for a change, that's not sarcasm.
That's good. beer
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 11:37:21 AM »

Yeah Slash and Duff, along with the great long standing of Axl, Rich and Frank and DIzzy have infused the band it looks like.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 01:36:07 PM »

I agree he HAS to hear Slash playing his style and get sentimental and proud that they've put the crap behind them because Slash is the f*cking man
And don't you think the same can be said about Slash hearing Axl's singing and Axl's style and just the fact alone that IT'S AXL!!! ?

It's human nature that there be some sense of warm n' fuzzy for BOTH men.

Doesn't mean, as the the thread subject line suggests that Axl had ever at any time over his years of performing without Slash lost confidence or his vintage singing style.

Nostalgia.... Ain't Life Grand.  Wink

Without a doubt my brother - didn't mean to suggest otherwise
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 01:37:08 PM »

Everytime they go on tour there are threads about how awesome his voice sounds.
He sounds great now, he usually does
I think it has more to do with not running around and being throned
In Troubadour he wasnt running around, but not sitting either and sounded great. Smiley

Small stage  Grin

But yeah - he sure did sound great

Read the original - he usually does ok
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 01:39:15 PM »

That there were not all these threads about how amazing he sounded in Spring 2014 or Winter 2012.

Thus, the claim "there are always threads about how he good he sounds at the beginning of tours" is not accurate.

He sounds pretty good in the clips from both the Troubador and Las Vegas.  But that hardly makes the previous tour's vocals retroactively awesome.  What sense does that make?

Not true
You could go back to the last few years - everytime they hit the stage again - people get amped (for good reason) and talk about how great his voice sounds

My point was that his voice usually sounds great but that it wasn't totally because of playing with Slash

peace
Princess Leia
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 03:46:20 PM »

Not only did Axl look at Ashba exactly the same way, he used to wear Ashba swag clothes, too!!!

I agree that Axl always interacted with all band members of all eras. But being together with Slash is something else. Just look at the Axl twitter about his broken foot. He said he was doing something he hasn't done in 23 years
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 04:15:26 PM »

I agree that Axl always interacted with all band members of all eras. But being together with Slash is something else.
And you don't think Slash feels the same about working with Axl again?  Roll Eyes

Just look at the Axl twitter about his broken foot. He said he was doing something he hasn't done in 23 years
Axl tweeted he broke his foot on day one of being on a stage with Slash again after 23 years and you read it as Axl expressing his undying love for Slash??  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Princess Leia
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 04:38:54 PM »

I agree that Axl always interacted with all band members of all eras. But being together with Slash is something else.
And you don't think Slash feels the same about working with Axl again?  Roll Eyes

Just look at the Axl twitter about his broken foot. He said he was doing something he hasn't done in 23 years
Axl tweeted he broke his foot on day one of being on a stage with Slash again after 23 years and you read it as Axl expressing his undying love for Slash??  hihi

I think Slash feels the same way. But the thread is about Axl. I think he is expressing he was doing things he hasn't done in 23 years  Smiley
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 05:00:09 PM »

I think Slash feels the same way. But the thread is about Axl. I think he is expressing he was doing things he hasn't done in 23 years  Smiley

Quote from: Axl
Axl Rose ‏@axlrose  Apr 8
This is what can happen when you do something you haven't done in nearly over 23 years,"Internal Fixation" (ง'̀-'́)ง

Please show me where in this tweet Axl implied anything beyond he broke his foot while onstage with Slash after 23 years.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 05:03:21 PM »

This is what can happen when you do something you haven't done in nearly over 23 years,"Internal Fixation" (ง'̀-'́)ง

Please show me where in this tweet Axl implied anything beyond he broke his foot while onstage with Slash after 23 years.

I would like to see that as well, it is always amazing to see the bizarre ways that some people interpret and translate any communication coming from the band.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Princess Leia
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 05:48:45 PM »

So you think Axl just broke his foot because, poor Axl he just has very fragile bones? You don't think he was doing any effort to make a great show?

Now if you believe this Axl is exactly same Axl we had two or three years ago. Fine, believe what you want but that's not the case. We have seen three shows so far as pretty strong evidence that things has changed for the better.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 05:55:52 PM »

So you think Axl just broke his foot because, poor Axl he just has very fragile bones? You don't think he was doing any effort to make a great show?

Now if you believe this Axl is exactly same Axl we had two or three years ago. Fine, believe what you want but that's not the case. We have seen three shows so far as pretty strong evidence that things has changed for the better.

WTF??  Axl fell onstage, landed awkwardly on his foot and broke it.

To quote Jennifer Marlowe of WKRP:  Accidents are Accidents.  That's why they call them that!

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 06:03:25 PM »

To quote Jennifer Marlowe of WKRP:  Accidents are Accidents.  That's why they call them that!

DYNAMITE reference from one great show.

Big ups!

Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 10:40:52 AM »

WTF??  Axl fell onstage, landed awkwardly on his foot and broke it.

Not to mention, there's a clip on youtube that's almost 7 minutes long of Axl falling on stage... so it's not like he was falling for Slash or anything like that lol. He just gets into the shows/music/performance and loses his footing. Makes me realize he's human.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: