Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:22:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Petition/Appeal To Axl : Play Slither On The Tour
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Petition/Appeal To Axl : Play Slither On The Tour  (Read 57316 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2016, 04:24:33 PM »

They are GNR songs... because GNR is whatever Axl says it is. So if Slash wants to be a part of GNR .. he's gotta play whatever Axl wants.. lets be honest.
I honestly DO NOT believe that Slash is that much of a pussy that he only plays those songs because he's afraid Axl wouldn't let him rejoin GNR otherwise.

Still don't know how Ballad of Death equates here. Ha.
As I stated when I originally brought it up, I think it's a really good song and would get a kick out of Slash fucking with peoples minds if he played it.

I don't think hes too scared to tell him he doesn't want to play them, but Slash is no dummy. He knows he has to walk the line a little bit to get all that comes with being back in GNR.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2016, 04:30:35 PM »

Just for the sake of argument's sake... and being super liberal in thinking...

Since Slash and Duff are playing CD era stuff... then maybe Axl should sing a couple VR tunes?

For the sake of arguing.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2016, 04:36:25 PM »

I don't think hes too scared to tell him he doesn't want to play them, but Slash is no dummy. He knows he has to walk the line a little bit to get all that comes with being back in GNR.
I think all the past disconnection issues between Axl and Slash were all hashed out when they committed to the rejoining.

If you believe that Slash needs to walk Axl's line when it comes to being back in GNR then you'd better get a ticket for a show early on the schedule because this rejoining won't last long.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2016, 04:41:24 PM »

Since Slash and Duff are playing CD era stuff... then maybe Axl should sing a couple VR tunes?

For the sake of arguing.

Already part of the discussion.

The argument is starting a petition about getting Axl to do a VR song.

I don't see why Axl would have any issues about doing a VR song if Slash and Duff really wanted one to be included in a set.  Axl doesn't seem to have any issues about doing (what would be for him) cover songs.

IMO, if it's about doing a tribute to Scott (God rest his soul), I think a more appropriate thing to do would be for Axl to briefly include an STP song in his piano solo before NR that everyone can join in on.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
bjd2944
Headliner

« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2016, 04:43:22 PM »

Who knows what has been talked about/rehearsed behind the scenes? That's all in the band. It's clear at some point they took a few of the better Chinese Democracy songs - pun intended, and reworked them a bit. It's cool to see new takes on a few songs that were good on a record that was probably way overproduced. I hope we continue to see a few rarities, a few other Chinese songs reworked - maybe a few more covers, maybe that delves into Slash's or VR's catalog. "Patience" is the word here I think .  ok
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2016, 04:45:40 PM »

For the sake of arguing.

Already part of the discussion.

The argument is starting a petition about getting Axl to do a VR song.

I don't see why Axl would have any issues about doing a VR song if Slash and Duff really wanted one to be included in a set.  Axl doesn't seem to have any issues about doing (what would be for him) cover songs.

IMO, if it's about doing a tribute to Scott (God rest his soul), I think a more appropriate thing to do would be for Axl to briefly include an STP song in his piano solo before NR that everyone can join in on.

Didn't read through everything really. But thank you for saying something meaningless...

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2016, 04:47:23 PM »

Didn't read through everything really. But thank you for saying something meaningless...

How is what I said meaningless?

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2016, 04:55:56 PM »

They are GNR songs... because GNR is whatever Axl says it is. So if Slash wants to be a part of GNR .. he's gotta play whatever Axl wants.. lets be honest.
I honestly DO NOT believe that Slash is that much of a pussy that he only plays those songs because he's afraid Axl wouldn't let him rejoin GNR otherwise.

Still don't know how Ballad of Death equates here. Ha.
As I stated when I originally brought it up, I think it's a really good song and would get a kick out of Slash fucking with peoples minds if he played it.

He's not scared of anything, it's just part of the deal. Axl would never leave CD songs out of this reunion because he would be disregarding everything he's done with his band, like almost saying "Let's go back to the real GNR material". So if Duff and Slash wanted to make the reunion happen, they have to play along. And that's what they're doing.

I'm not saying that he hates those songs, but they certainly have nothing to do with his style, so he's giving his best to play them in a way that makes sense to him, that fits him better.

GNR is Axl's band because he holds the name legally...but then it's a completely different story if you really believe GNR is whatever Axl puts together and I won't even start on this one...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2016, 05:02:16 PM »

He's not scared of anything, it's just part of the deal. Axl would never leave CD songs out of this reunion because he would be disregarding everything he's done with his band, like almost saying "Let's go back to the real GNR material". So if Duff and Slash wanted to make the reunion happen, they have to play along. And that's what they're doing.

I'm not saying that he hates those songs, but they certainly have nothing to do with his style, so he's giving his best to play them in a way that makes sense to him, that fits him better.

GNR is Axl's band because he holds the name legally...but then it's a completely different story if you really believe GNR is whatever Axl puts together and I won't even start on this one...

Again, already addressed.

I think all the past disconnection issues between Axl and Slash were all hashed out when they committed to the rejoining.

If you believe that Slash needs to walk Axl's line when it comes to being back in GNR then you'd better get a ticket for a show early on the schedule because this rejoining won't last long.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »

How is what I said meaningless?

Wasn't meaningless at all, IMO.  ok

Very good point, and suggestion about the piano solo

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2016, 05:15:37 PM »

It would be cool to hear it

It's a great song, a great riff
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2016, 09:13:52 PM »

I'd rather they played the If the world / slither mash up thats on youtube.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
DexterWRose
Opening Act

« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2016, 11:07:04 PM »

Sorry mate, no! I must emphasize no. VR has absolutely nothing to do with GNR. As much as Backstreet Boys have to do with GNR.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2016, 11:14:18 PM »

that makes zero sense to me.

it's not a GN'R song and has nothing to do with Axl. it would not be a cover from a classic band.

CD stuff IS GN'R so it makes sense that Slash would play it.

besides i do not like that song. haha

So there are rules now on what covers the band can play?
it's rock n roll. no rules, period. up to them. just stating facts. VR is not a classic band. they are not The Who, or AC/DC. not even close.

i'm simply stating facts.

Thanks facts! 

The sky is also blue

Water is wet
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2016, 01:16:08 AM »

Slash calls Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy "a great statement"
By Joe Bosso September 08, 2008

MusicRadar users voted Axl Rose as the best vocalist to join Velvet Revolver. And perhaps Slash is in agreement - the guitarist has surprisingly kind words for Chinese Democracy, the Guns N' Roses album Axl has labored over for well over a decade. Maybe he wouldn't mind playing the songs live.

"I already listened to it," Slash revealed during a recent interview. "At first I thought that I would never listen to it until it's released, but someone handed it to me and I was in my car and I was like 'Okay, let's give it a try.'

"So I listened to it: It's a really good record. It's very different from what the original Guns N' Roses sounded like, but it's a great statement by Axl. Now you understand where he was heading all this time. It's a record that the original Guns N' Roses could never possibly make. And at the same time it just shows you how brilliant Axl is. So it was a relief for me to actually hear it."

Nine tracks off the album have already been leaked onto the Internet, and Slash had harsh words for the perpetrator. "When somebody takes somebody's work and releases it prematurely just to become famous, it's an incredibly selfish and criminal thing to do. A record is a piece of art. And it shouldn't be released until the creator decides to release it - and I don't care how long it took to make it."

While Slash remains staunchy committed to Velvet Revolver and their search for a new lead singer, he looked back fondly at his early GN'R days.

"I think what was great about Guns N' Roses is that we made it on our own integrity and we didn't give up anything to anybody and made it on our own merit. The early gigs didn't pay well at all. We actually looked forward to getting paid after a gig, but it was usually for the beer. I kept a straight job for a while."

On the subject of current bands, Slash cast a dim view on their need for instant stardom. "Everybody else is making compromises and concessions so that they can make it big and get their picture on the cover of Teen Beat or Us Weekly or whatever. There's a sort of, kind of, selling out to that."

woah... I've never seen that before. Thanks Gypsy! I thought I heard he wasn't a fan of CD somewhere. Wow, so he really did like the record. Even called Axl brilliant. I think Duff liked it too, at least I thought I read that somewhere. Maybe Slash is not as against playing on CD2 as much as people tend to think. It was a trip to read that. So he liked it then...

And I don't really want to see them cover black or white as my first choice. I'd much rather see them cover man in the mirror, but Slash wasn't on that one so I'll settle for Black or White.

edit: I got a kick out of Bacon's above post.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:19:01 AM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2016, 06:33:10 AM »

Sorry mate, no! I must emphasize no. VR has absolutely nothing to do with GNR. As much as Backstreet Boys have to do with GNR.

Come on, man. How can you say that? How can you really say that?

I don't even need to explain how VR has a lot do do with GNR - its obvious. I mean, no offence or anything - but come on.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2016, 06:50:26 AM »

Come on, man. How can you say that? How can you really say that?

I don't even need to explain how VR has a lot do do with GNR - its obvious. I mean, no offence or anything - but come on.

Maybe they should just skip GN'R songs completely and only play songs by Snakepit, Neurotic Outsiders, Loaded, Velvet Revolver, Love Spit Love and The Dead Dasies.

WHAT A GESTURE THAT WOULD BE BY AXL!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2016, 08:00:12 AM »

^ I can think of a certain "gesture" Axl might make if someone actually tried to give him such a petition.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2016, 08:38:17 AM »

Enough covers and there's no reason to do a tribute for Weiland, Slash and Duff can do those in their own side projects if they so wish. GN'R should play GN'R, what a thought!  Cheesy

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2016, 10:47:54 AM »

I'd rather they played the If the world / slither mash up thats on youtube.

I second that, I just listened to it for the first time and I think its great that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about, I don't want to hear VR songs exactly as VR did them (or Slash solo stuff exactly how that was) I want to hear them how GNR would do them. I get that people want to hear stuff from the GNR catalog, maybe if don't release new music and continue to tour they can do something special like this instead of continuing to hear the same 10 min KOHD!

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: