Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:57:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Petition/Appeal To Axl : Play Slither On The Tour
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Petition/Appeal To Axl : Play Slither On The Tour  (Read 57186 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2016, 10:59:17 AM »

Enough covers and there's no reason to do a tribute for Weiland, Slash and Duff can do those in their own side projects if they so wish. GN'R should play GN'R, what a thought!  Cheesy

GNR have ALWAYS done covers.  They've done them since practically day one! (as I said before, any VR or Snakepit song would be a cover for Axl)

Here's the youtube of Mama Kin from February 2, 1988.  At the very beginning, Axl mentions how this COVER song is on Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide (from 1986).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_9xPs9BjVc

Edited to add:  And there's no need for any song petitions because, if you listen to the end, Axl takes requests!!!  hihi
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:07:49 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2016, 11:20:19 AM »

I like slither, but I have no interest in hearing GnR play it. or at least not over anyone of their songs from any of their albums, almost all of which are better than any VR song.

there are actually a number of other covers I would love to hear them do before any VR song (tons of stones songs, queen, zeppelin, beatles, etc.etc.)

so basically, I'd rather sign a petition AGAINST playing slither or any VR.  hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2016, 11:28:56 AM »

How about a petition to have Slash play Sorry

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2016, 11:41:33 AM »

Enough covers and there's no reason to do a tribute for Weiland, Slash and Duff can do those in their own side projects if they so wish. GN'R should play GN'R, what a thought!  Cheesy

GNR have ALWAYS done covers.  They've done them since practically day one! (as I said before, any VR or Snakepit song would be a cover for Axl)

Here's the youtube of Mama Kin from February 2, 1988.  At the very beginning, Axl mentions how this COVER song is on Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide (from 1986).

Edited to add:  And there's no need for any song petitions because, if you listen to the end, Axl takes requests!!!  hihi

Obviously I know they have always done covers, I have a fuckin' $2k spaghetti poster  hihi I just mean I rather hear their own songs at their own shows, and any recorded covers (LALD, Heavens etc). No need to add more to it, just cause Weiland dropped dead. There are so many actual GN'R songs, we rarely get to hear live, to choose from, adding more covers would be ridiculous, unnecessary and I'm pretty sure most people go to their shows to hear their own music & hits.

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2016, 11:47:02 AM »

Obviously I know they have always done covers, I have a fuckin' $2k spaghetti poster  hihi I just mean I rather hear their own songs at their own shows, and any recorded covers (LALD, Heavens etc). No need to add more to it, just cause Weiland dropped dead. There are so many actual GN'R songs, we rarely get to hear live, to choose from, adding more covers would be ridiculous, unnecessary and I'm pretty sure most people go to their shows to hear their own music & hits.

Classy.

I don't think people want to hear it to honor Scott...more so because they're fans of Slash and Duff's involvement with it.

IFFFFF the band was inclined to do it... what would it matter if they swapped out The Seeker for Slither or any other song?

People are so uptight about this stuff.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2016, 11:57:15 AM »

On a somewhat related note... I would love to know what CD songs Slash really does like and which VR or Conspirator songs Axl is a fan of.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2016, 12:28:16 PM »

I don't know for sure, obviously, but when you do something to honor someone it has to be genuine and both Slash and Duff don't seem inclined to do it. Look what they did when Lemy died, they honored him in every possible way, he was their friend. They did not have a good relationship with Scott and I never heard about Axl being friends with Scott or being inspired by him somehow. Why should they do it? I've heard people suggesting this a few times and it doesn't make any sense. I wouldn't be upset if they played Slither, I love the song, but it's been 23 years, there's so many songs from their own catalog I'm dying to see them play live, I just don't see the point.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2016, 12:54:46 PM »

I don't know for sure, obviously, but when you do something to honor someone it has to be genuine and both Slash and Duff don't seem inclined to do it. Look what they did when Lemy died, they honored him in every possible way, he was their friend. They did not have a good relationship with Scott and I never heard about Axl being friends with Scott or being inspired by him somehow. Why should they do it? I've heard people suggesting this a few times and it doesn't make any sense. I wouldn't be upset if they played Slither, I love the song, but it's been 23 years, there's so many songs from their own catalog I'm dying to see them play live, I just don't see the point.

For obvious reasons, any VR song evokes a connection to Scott. 

Grieving someone is an extremely personal and individualized and overwhelming thing.  Not to take away from any close friendship Slash and Duff had with Lemmy, Duff had a very close personal relationship with Scott.  I believe Duff also lost a sibling around the same time period.   

The way one chooses to honor anyone is as individualized and personal as those who have passed were to you in life so I really wouldn't read much into how they have publicly honored one person more over the other. 

May God bless their souls.  R.I.P. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2016, 02:57:27 PM »

Been thinking about this more and more.

There's just too many UYI era songs I want to hear over any cover or VR song.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2016, 03:01:47 PM »

I believe Duff also lost a sibling around the same time period.   

Who was this?   Huh  I researched and couldn't find anything.

Duff's brother passed, I remember reading this several weeks back.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2016, 09:26:30 PM »

Duff's brother passed, I remember reading this several weeks back.

Not saying you're lying, but I still can't find anything about this.  If you read it, it's gotta be online somewhere.

Name was Matt? Or Mark? Think I saw a tweet that mentioned it.

"Shut the fuck up."
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2016, 01:45:32 AM »

Duffs wife posted about his brothers passing, too, but she seems to have deleted the IG about it.

edit: Found it:

Susan on Instagram: Words may not suffice the heartfelt sorrow that I feel for the passing of Mark McKagan, Duff's brother, my brother-in-law, and Grace+Mae's sweet "Uncle Monkey" R.I.P. #UncleMonkey #LoveYou #TrueWarrior

https://www.instagram.com/p/6dKvuROCer/?taken-by=susanholmesmckagan

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:55:13 AM by DarkFairy » Logged

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2016, 01:53:22 AM »

Once again, all of you are getting to deep in your own heads over something silly.

They're just having fun on stage playing songs. I don't think something like this is even an issue for them (at the moment).

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2016, 02:55:48 AM »

Cmon people..... ONE step first!!!!!

Petition list:

1.- Get a monster Drummer... like MATT SORUM!
2.- Get IZZY FKN STRADLIN
3.- Doing some alcohol and drugs... but not in a junky way... that was before, now are mature adults.
4.- GnR have to see RIR 1991, PRAGA 1992, Chile 1992... and more.
5.- When Axl get well... have to stay in a fukn good shape to do COMA and DONT.CRY running like a beast.
6...... NO MORE PETITIONS YET ....

axlvai
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2016, 03:35:10 AM »

Petition list:

3.- Doing some alcohol and drugs... but not in a junky way... that was before, now are mature adults.
5.- When Axl get well... have to stay in a fukn good shape to do COMA and DONT.CRY running like a beast.

You should try stop doing number 3 - j/k

1. Frank is already the drummer, no need to change something.
2. We have Richard, but I am sure that Izzy will do some guest appearances. Izzy isn't into the massive touring.
3. *shaking the head*
4. *don't exactly know what you want to say*
5. maybe I am in the minority, but I think that the "sitting Axl" had a much better vocal performance. Maybe he has trained his vocal chords prior to the tour, I don't know. But overall he sounded f'n great, especially the second night in Vegas
6. lol
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2016, 08:50:27 AM »

Once again, all of you are getting to deep in your own heads over something silly.

They're just having fun on stage playing songs. I don't think something like this is even an issue for them (at the moment).

Oh, we do what we have to do to entertain ourselves.  Wink

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »

Duffs wife posted about his brothers passing, too, but she seems to have deleted the IG about it.

edit: Found it:

Susan on Instagram: Words may not suffice the heartfelt sorrow that I feel for the passing of Mark McKagan, Duff's brother, my brother-in-law, and Grace+Mae's sweet "Uncle Monkey" R.I.P. #UncleMonkey #LoveYou #TrueWarrior

https://www.instagram.com/p/6dKvuROCer/?taken-by=susanholmesmckagan

Thanks- knew I read that somewhere.

"Shut the fuck up."
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »

Petition list:

You should try stop doing number 3 - j/k

1. Frank is already the drummer, no need to change something.
2. We have Richard, but I am sure that Izzy will do some guest appearances. Izzy isn't into the massive touring.
3. *shaking the head*
4. *don't exactly know what you want to say*
5. maybe I am in the minority, but I think that the "sitting Axl" had a much better vocal performance. Maybe he has trained his vocal chords prior to the tour, I don't know. But overall he sounded f'n great, especially the second night in Vegas
6. lol

3. I hope u mean shaking the head up n down. hihi

4.- itry to say that old gigs was perfect in the sound. Slash, Axl... Sorum...Duff. GnR will do a biggest STADIUM tour... so that concerts represent all the good things made in that kind of stage. Young n wild.... plus drugs, alcohol and sex.

axlvai
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2016, 07:51:14 PM »

Petition list:

I'm assuming you weren't serious with this? Frank is doing a good job. Richard is fucking killing it. Those guys have earned their stripes. The rest of you what you said is just clown juggling chainsaw type stupid.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2016, 09:14:00 PM »

As much as I love Slither and VR, I don't think it would fit with Axl's voice

In my opinion if they do stuff from Axl's album (I really like Chi Dem but that's not really GNR although Axl insisted to release that as a GNR album), they should do stuff from Duff or Slash as well, BUT I don't think they should do any of that at all. They should focus on GNR catalog and even  try some new songs and have an album (if not Matt or Steven with Izzy at least)  by next year, that would be the best way to celebrate this reunion and the 30th anniversary of AFD in my opinion

Anyway, agree or not
Peace everyone and Keep Enjoyin' to have Duff, Axl and Slash playing together again!!! Keep lovin' GNR!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: