Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:29:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Annoys you the fact that people come and go without an official statement?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoys you the fact that people come and go without an official statement?  (Read 13415 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2016, 09:12:30 AM »

I am sure Tommy knew. He seemed fine with it....left on good terms and understood how big a deal it is to reconnect with your old school band. The Replacements did the exact same thing as this but just on a smaller scale. He knows the deal. yes

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2016, 09:15:27 AM »

I am sure Tommy knew. He seemed fine with it....left on good terms and understood how big a deal it is to reconnect with your old school band. The Replacements did the exact same thing as this but just on a smaller scale. He knows the deal. yes

Agreed.

He even said publicly it would be good for Axl to do.

I've read things how Tommy wasn't loyal to Axl at the end... I didn't really look at it that way.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Reunion2016
Opening Act

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »

Of course Slash and Duff signed a contract now. Will you guys face them storming out like Finck, Ron, Tommy and Pitman without any statement?  Huh

I think they signed a contract concerning how much money they'll get from this tour, but I highly doubt they signed on to be salaried employees of Axl's. Plus, Slash and Duff are still part of the GNR Partnership. My point is that Slash and Duff are going to talk about everything at some point because they aren't just hired hands. Hell, I'm sure at least one of them will write a book about all of this, if not both of them.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2016, 03:46:11 PM »

I'd like to see some interviews, but the other night I was watching a lot of the old GNR interviews and stuff and a thought occurred to me. I almost wonder if it's just better for them not to do press.
It seems that maybe things said in the press in the past may have contributed to the fracturing of the classic lineup. This is just pure speculation, but say one guy says "yeah, I did this" off the cuff, and another guy thinks, "hey, wait, I was the one who did that!" Add in the media's tendency to embellish things about this band, and you can see how it would denigrates from there.
Maybe they've decided it's best to not to air dirty laundry or any laundry in the press.

This ^^

The way some people twist, interpret, translate and garble every iota of information released, every tweet made, and every sentence uttered- It isn't surprising at all the little to nothing is said.

Some fans think they should be privvy to internal band business, I don't agree and see why they aren't informed to a greater degree.

Sure. Private stuff is private stuff... but you have been a fan of an individual for many years (let's just say it's Robin) ... you love him in GNR... and then right before the album finally comes out... he's gone...without a trace...no explanation ever given...

You don't think even a brief statement for his fans is something people should get? Throw people a bone maybe?

Not under the circumstances, everything is rabidly scavenged and twisted to the degree where even positives are perceived as negatives.

It isn't like he disappeared off the face of the earth without any clues, he simply isn't in the band anymore, and the details are best kept private, imo.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »

I think it stands the test of time that we all would like some more press/interviews from the band. They've not really done anything since the early 90s. During the Trilogy of Rain, DC and Estranged was the last time I remember in depth stuff.

Other than that we've not really gotten much. Like what 3 radio interviews in 15+ years or something? I don't know the count but it's low.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2016, 07:24:03 PM »

Wasn't he replaced by Duff that last Vegas stint?

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
zod
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2016, 07:27:56 PM »

It' doesn't bug me at all.  In fact i've always been the opposite.   I don't announce every move I make or when I change jobs.   I always found it weird that bands need to make press releases about everything.   Just do it.. lol.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2016, 09:02:14 PM »

Guys, don?t get me wrong, I?m fucking loving what is happening! But I still like the "old-new" guys too. But that?s not the point. Remember the fax Axl sent to MTV saying Slash was not in GNR anymore? Well, that was a confirmation, right? This band is so unpredictable that, as I?m reading you guys saying, if this line up tour for like 3 years (like the "nugnr" did keep touring for the last 15 years) and just STOP, and then Tommy, Ron, Dj come back... SEEMS LIKE NO ONE WILL SAY "WHAT TA HELL!! WHERE?S THE OTHERS?!?".

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2016, 09:03:45 PM »

Guys, don?t get me wrong, I?m fucking loving what is happening! But I still like the "old-new" guys too. But that?s not the point. Remember the fax Axl sent to MTV saying Slash was not in GNR anymore? Well, that was a confirmation, right? This band is so unpredictable that, as I?m reading you guys saying, if this line up tour for like 3 years (like the "nugnr" did keep touring for the last 15 years) and just STOP, and then Tommy, Ron, Dj come back... SEEMS LIKE NO ONE WILL SAY "WHAT TA HELL!! WHERE?S THE OTHERS?!?".

At this point you really can't go back again. I mean maybe Tommy but the others I don't think so.

Replacing the replacement for the replacement gets kinda nuts.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2016, 09:29:44 PM »

Well it's pretty self-explanatory really-

Ashba is with SixxAM, Ron is off doing Cruises and stuff, Tommy is off with Mr.Thumby- It isn't like they disappeared.

They just aren't in GNR anymore, I don't get the need for drama.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2016, 10:54:33 PM »

Tommy says...I found myself somewhat recently a single father to an 8 year old 24/7. I've gotta take care of her, so she's out there living the best she can. So I have to be here for that.  He says he plans to tour this summer before she goes back to school in the fall.

All-the-while he?s trying to work around his 8-year-old daughter?s school schedule. But Stinson says being a single-father hasn?t just changed his work schedule.  ?It changes everything,? says Stinson. ?It changes, you know, your focus. It changes your entire outlook on things. It makes what was once frivolous a lot more frivolous. It makes what was once important really important.?

http://wuwm.com/post/rocker-tommy-stinson-reflects-fatherhood-and-importance-intimacy#stream/0

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2016, 09:08:13 PM »

Tommy says...I found myself somewhat recently a single father to an 8 year old 24/7. I've gotta take care of her, so she's out there living the best she can. So I have to be here for that.  He says he plans to tour this summer before she goes back to school in the fall.

All-the-while he?s trying to work around his 8-year-old daughter?s school schedule. But Stinson says being a single-father hasn?t just changed his work schedule.  ?It changes everything,? says Stinson. ?It changes, you know, your focus. It changes your entire outlook on things. It makes what was once frivolous a lot more frivolous. It makes what was once important really important.?

http://wuwm.com/post/rocker-tommy-stinson-reflects-fatherhood-and-importance-intimacy#stream/0

Other Factor, Thanks.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2016, 09:26:21 PM »

What would be really nice to see is if this lineup is around for a while, guest spots from some of the post-94 players. Circle complete.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: