Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:10:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Would you want a MTV Unplugged?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you want a MTV Unplugged?  (Read 14977 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 05:41:46 PM »

Yes! Stripped down with acoustic and piano. Axl uses his deeper register. Use his smoother, honey with a fleck of dirt in it croon/voice. Subtle rasp, a little gravelly scratchy rasp, but not too much.

Wild Horses (Stones)
Tennessee Whiskey (David Allan Coe/George Jones)
A Good Year for the Roses (George Jones/Elvis Costello)
Honky Tonk Women (Stones)
You Ain't the First
Used to Love Her
You're Crazy
Dust N Bones
14 Years
Dead Flowers (Stones)
Mother/Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
Only Women Bleed (Alice Cooper)
It's Alright (Sabbath)
Madagascar
Sailing (Rod Stewart)
Patience
You would go to a guns n roses show and actually like them to perform 50% of the set list as covers?  This sounds horrible to me

Ya... I don't understand this obsession with replaying all these illusion era little intro licks. Especially ones that were never really sung like Only Women Bleed and Mother... why not add Beautiful by Christina Aguilera (kidding of course)...
Princess Leia
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 03:28:33 AM »

I'm afraid it's all reruns of old shows.  Sad

By Radio.com Staff

(RADIO.COM) ? VH1 Classic will switch to MTV Classic on August 1st. The new format will focus on the 90s with programs that left a mark on million of millennials, like Beavis and Butthead, Daria, Pimp My Ride, Punk?d, Jackass and MTV Unplugged.

According to a released from the network, the rebrand takes effect on Monday, August 1 ? 35 years to the day that MTV first debuted ? at 6:00 a.m. when MTV Classic will air ?MTV Hour One,? MTV?s first hour of programming from 1981.

Following MTV?s first hour ever, fans will tune into a ?Total Request Live? retrospective ?The TRL Decade,? followed by a marathon of some of the most memorable episodes of ?MTV Unplugged? ?many of which haven?t aired in years?including artists Bob Dylan, Alice In Chains, Erykah Badu, Oasis, Neil Young, Nirvana and more, that will lead into a primetime animated programming block including ?Daria,? ?Beavis & Butt-head? and ?Aeon Flux.? ?MTV Hour One? will also air on MTV?s Facebook page via Facebook Live.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 08:56:49 AM »

Well, still better than the current shows. ?\_(ツ)_/? 

Also, the Alice in Chains MTV Unplugged is the best and it deserves to be seen.

Princess Leia
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 10:40:40 AM »

I haven't watched MTV in ages. But I rember the days of TRL and MTV Unplugged. I don't care about reruns. However if I have to pick reruns I'd rather watch Headbangers and Rockumentaries.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 11:57:26 AM »

I haven't watched MTV in ages. But I rember the days of TRL and MTV Unplugged. I don't care about reruns. However if I have to pick reruns I'd rather watch Headbangers and Rockumentaries.

Here in Canada the music station is called Much Music

I remember the days when the request show took actual letters sent in the mail.  Then it was faxs, then emails, then the show just vanished....

I sent a few letters in the mail back in the day.   Todays youth is just spoiled with the internet
Princess Leia
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 02:32:30 PM »

I'm not so sure the problem is technology or the youth. Most likely the industry itself. There's been many changes for the worst. Today we have Universal, Warner and Sonny. They owned all the other record labels like Geffen, Polygram, EMI, etc The conglomarates are run by business men who are about profit and nothing more. They came from Harvard not from the entertainment world
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2016, 12:41:54 PM »

I'm not so sure the problem is technology or the youth. Most likely the industry itself. There's been many changes for the worst. Today we have Universal, Warner and Sonny. They owned all the other record labels like Geffen, Polygram, EMI, etc The conglomarates are run by business men who are about profit and nothing more. They came from Harvard not from the entertainment world

Every mall here used to have 2-3 music stores.

Now your are lucky to get one.  And it's mostly a dvd store

I remember when you could actually pre listen to a album at the store prior to buying it

I used to listen to the import version of guns live album because it had coma in it but the store wanted 60 bucks for it and I was in college.   Lol. Dean I listened to that thing for hours
Princess Leia
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2016, 02:51:58 PM »

I remember when you could actually pre listen to a album at the store prior to buying it

I used to listen to the import version of guns live album because it had coma in it but the store wanted 60 bucks for it and I was in college.   Lol. Dean I listened to that thing for hours

Oh I get you now. You miss the record stores. Well maybe not many of them in malls. But in the U.S. there is Best Buy. I don't know if somebody would want to give a second life to Tower Records.

But the issue is that CDs are overpriced (any new release I mean) despite of tecnology like iTunes Spotify or YouTube. And it also depends on the artist. Look at Adele, she is capable to sell albums. I guess the quality of the product also matters.

I think it is about good albums by good artists and realistic price that could mean a come back for record stores.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2016, 03:54:44 PM »

Siiiiiiigh.... those were the days.   Embarrassed  Before all the bullshit technology.  Which of course, allegedly makes everything "better".   Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: