Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:34:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  FM radio airplay?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FM radio airplay?  (Read 3083 times)
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« on: April 22, 2016, 02:57:10 PM »

I know FM rock radio is all but obsolete and is pretty much irrelelvant, but it is still the fastest way that rock news and "band relevance" reaches the masses of "casual" fans. I was wondering how FM rock radio has been responding to the GNR reunion in different markets. Increased airplay? Same rotation? Digging deeper into the catalogue? Or a decrease in airplay?
I'm wondering if different parent radio companies are responding to the GNR reunion differently or if it is a "local bias" to push GNR or ignore GNR. Or, is the amount of GNR airplay contingent upon the predominant radio parent companies:

Clear Channel
Beasley Broadcasting
ABC Broadcasting
Bonneville Broadcasting
CBS/Infinity Broadcasting
Cox Radio
Cumulus
Entercom
etc.

Up in West Michigan, Grand Rapids area, radio airplay has been very inconsistent between the major rock stations. I've noticed one station (101.3 the Brew) is playing GNR way more than the other 3-4 stations, while other stations seem to be eerily quiet on GNR. 101.3 the Brew is pushing the GNR show in Detroit very heavily, ticket contests, playing them on the hour, playing a wider range of their catalogue, etc. While the other two to three stations seem to focus only on local concerts and new music, very little to no promo. I haven't heard any radio promos either. However, they just seem to keep playing the same staples-- AC/DC, Ozzy, Van Halen, and Zep. In addition, all stations are really pushing Nirvana lately-- hearing it on the hour. Is this a Clear Channel decision?

Just wondering if others have noticed an increase in radio airplay, or a "business as usual" rotation. Also, are the stations running any commercial promos, yet?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 03:17:23 PM »

We get commercials for the gigs pretty regularly here in Philly.  Odd, because our show sold well.

As for the playlist, just the usual staples.  They aren't digging out any lesser played singles like 'Yesterdays' or 'Since I Don't Have You'.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 04:49:07 AM »

We get commercials for the gigs pretty regularly here in Philly.  Odd, because our show sold well.

As for the playlist, just the usual staples.  They aren't digging out any lesser played singles like 'Yesterdays' or 'Since I Don't Have You'.

I'm in Europe so things might be a little different here. I got Since I Don't Have You a couple of times on my local rock radio. Heck! I remember once I even got a live version of Mama Kin from Paris 92. This was before the reunion was announced, even before the rumors started.

But what I get to listen most of the time are the usual YCBM, WTTJ, KOHD,PC or Don't Cry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: