Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Going to call it right now...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Going to call it right now...  (Read 7471 times)
dmathski
Rocker

« on: April 22, 2016, 03:27:20 PM »

Steven Adler will guest on songs Sat night at Coachella!  He's well enough to play M3 Rockfest next week. http://www.m3rockfest.com/  Confirmed by Adler!   https://www.facebook.com/adlermusic

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 07:39:04 PM »

Steven Adler will guest on songs Sat night at Coachella!  He's well enough to play M3 Rockfest next week. http://www.m3rockfest.com/  Confirmed by Adler!   https://www.facebook.com/adlermusic

That's assuming he was even asked to take part in the first place.  I don't see why he wouldn't play a song here and there,  but we also have no idea if he was even asked.  Put it this way, if Izzy was not asked I don't see why Steven would have been.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 02:33:52 PM »

Put it this way, if Izzy was not asked I don't see why Steven would have been.

Because Steven and Slash are closer than Izzy and Slash, and Slash knows Steven has been wanting this for ages.

And you said it yourself elsewhere, if Steven hadn't been asked, why would he be so quiet?

Gotta admit though, if it's true Izzy wasn't asked at all, I don't understand why.   Huh
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 06:33:16 PM »

Put it this way, if Izzy was not asked I don't see why Steven would have been.

Because Steven and Slash are closer than Izzy and Slash, and Slash knows Steven has been wanting this for ages.

And you said it yourself elsewhere, if Steven hadn't been asked, why would he be so quiet?

Gotta admit though, if it's true Izzy wasn't asked at all, I don't understand why.   Huh

Absolutely, his silence really makes me feel like he is going to be involved somehow in someway at some point. 

Back in 1991, Axl, Slash and Duff were the ones who carried on to become the biggest band in the world during the "Use Your Illusion" tour.  Izzy quit arguably when the band needed him most.  Steven essentially quit as well through his actions.  So essentially the only constant was  the big 3 through that whole run from 1987-1993.  I don't think there is any animosity towards Izzy as he has worked with all 3 a bunch of times over the years.  Really not sure why he wasn't asked other than they already have 2 guitar players.  I have never viewed this as a reunion, but as Slash and Duff rejoining the current band, because thats essentially what it is.  So maybe that's why Izzy wasn't asked?  I really don't know. 

Also didn't Axl say something along the lines of him not thinking Izzy and Steven could pull off the types of shows the band currently does on a nightly basis?  That wasn't his exact wording but I thought a few years back he only thought Slash and Duff would be able to do it.  I'll have to search for that interview.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 06:55:20 PM »

I don't think it is really Slash and Duff joining the "current" lineup really.

Axl, Richard, Frank, Dizzy were the remaining ones right? So basically Slash and Duff join. I get that thinking and that's fine.

For me it is more less of Ashba, Stinson and Bumble all leaving withing a 1 year span. And in that span them doing nothing.

So I'll always think of it of Duff and Slash starting fresh with Axl. Cause so much time passed since Axl and Slash worked together. It doesn't really matter I guess but my mind set will always be a "regrouping" or "reunion" in some sense. If Slash and Axl had played a few shows together like Duff did, then this would very much be like Slash and Duff plugging in and going.

When you sit back and look at the ticket sales and great success of this thing so far, it is very obvious that Slash and Duff brough a lot to the band, and it isn't just them joining the "current Gn'R lineup"

and yes I hope to God Steven gets his thing going.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 08:08:02 PM »

I don't think it is really Slash and Duff joining the "current" lineup really.

Axl, Richard, Frank, Dizzy were the remaining ones right? So basically Slash and Duff join. I get that thinking and that's fine.

For me it is more less of Ashba, Stinson and Bumble all leaving withing a 1 year span. And in that span them doing nothing.

So I'll always think of it of Duff and Slash starting fresh with Axl. Cause so much time passed since Axl and Slash worked together. It doesn't really matter I guess but my mind set will always be a "regrouping" or "reunion" in some sense. If Slash and Axl had played a few shows together like Duff did, then this would very much be like Slash and Duff plugging in and going.

When you sit back and look at the ticket sales and great success of this thing so far, it is very obvious that Slash and Duff brough a lot to the band, and it isn't just them joining the "current Gn'R lineup"

and yes I hope to God Steven gets his thing going.

I guess its all semantics, but Guns N Roses never stopped being a band since its inception.  So Slash and Duff rejoined the band they left.  A reunion is what happens when a band is defunct and they all get back together.  Like when people ask why Richard and Frank are still in the band, its because they have been in the band this entire time.  I believe Pittman would have been in there too if he didn't run his mouth like a putz.   But who cares, there are tons of threads  that cover this.

It will be interesting to see if Steven and Izzy play any part in any of this.  I think having them guest on a song here  and there is the most likely thing that is going to happen, I can't see them ever being full time members again.  I also don't think Steven can do it, I don't think he can do what Frank does for over 2 hours.  I also can't picture Izzy showing up night after night and doing what Richard does.  Slash and Duff are the only ones besides Axl from the classic line up to maintain a consistent touring schedule all of these years.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 03:15:33 PM »

Also didn't Axl say something along the lines of him not thinking Izzy and Steven could pull off the types of shows the band currently does on a nightly basis?  That wasn't his exact wording but I thought a few years back he only thought Slash and Duff would be able to do it.  I'll have to search for that interview.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/12/axl-rose-talks-playing-los-angeles-rock-hall-reunion.html

Because, really, you can get guys from the "Illusion" thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really. It?s nothing against Izzy and it?s nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I?m working with right now, they work really hard and it?s hard work. I?ve toured with the other guys and I?ve also seen what they?ve done since, and I just know the difficulties.
Paco1936
Opening Act

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 01:46:44 AM »

That's assuming he was even asked to take part in the first place.  I don't see why he wouldn't play a song here and there,  but we also have no idea if he was even asked.  Put it this way, if Izzy was not asked I don't see why Steven would have been.
[/quote]

Why do you think Izzy wasn't asked?

He never said they didn't asked him.

He just said "At this point in time, I will not be playing at any of the April 2016 GNR shows."

So what makes you say that?
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 04:49:14 AM »

Edit: I was wrong. I bet he did a great job. Congrats Steven. We all know how badly both you and the fans wanted to see this. So cool that this happened.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:08:05 AM by Jay Tea » Logged
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 11:12:45 AM »

Yeah, you called it alright.

I agree with the previous poster. He might show up at a show one day for a song. Maybe. A long time from now.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: