Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Releasing the audio of each show - something to consider by GN'R?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Releasing the audio of each show - something to consider by GN'R?  (Read 12255 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2016, 07:14:11 PM »

Metallica is the gold standard when it comes to this.  Every show they have done since 2004 is on here along with a lot of select shows from their whole history.  They offer MP3 and FLAC, along with downloadable artwork. You can also buy just the songs as well, like iTunes, so you can mix and match songs from different shows. Its amazing. 

http://livemetallica.com

Actually it's Pearl Jam. They started this half a decade before Metallica ever did.

Does Pearl Jam allow you to buy individual tracks? Or do they make you buy the whole show?  Also do they give away free shows?  There was a point in time where if you attended the show you got a download code with the ticket.  That's why I said Metallica is the gold standard,because you can't do it any more fan friendly than they do.  You can even preview each track just like iTunes.  I'm not sure if Pearl Jam does all of that, if they do that's also really cool.

EDIT: I just checked Pearl Jam's website, It doesn't look like you can buy individual tracks, they kind of force you to buy the whole show, also  I couldn't preview any tracks and their catalog only goes back to 2007. Metallica offers a lot of shows  from 1981 and on, and every show from 2004 until now. 

Still, this set up Pearl Jam has is pretty good, I may pick up the MSG show I went to in 2010.
Nah you can't buy single tracks but i like having the full shows of theirs considering how drastically they change the set from night to night. It does go back to 2000. I don't know if you can still buy the older ones directly from them anymore though. The 2000 shows were exclusively on CD. I don't think you could get mp3 or Flac until 2003. Also, the shows that are no longer available for sale they are perfectly fine with being downloaded.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:18:22 PM by tim_m » Logged
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 07:14:02 PM »

Here's an example of what it could look like, just as an attachment to a possible petition, for people to see what they sign up for. Not in any way price-demands towards GN'R or anything like that, it's just loosely based on prices used by other artists offering the service.

For people unfamiliar with such services, it's merely an example of what such a service could be.

http://docdro.id/WITycn2

OK, here's the link. See what you think, spread and sign, sign and spread! Will post to the band's Facebook and Nightrain forum too. Took a while to make, life gets in the way of important stuff like this. Thanks Spirit for the text! Image idea inspired by Spirit, thanks for that one too!

https://www.change.org/p/guns-n-roses-guns-n-roses-release-official-soundboard-audio-of-the-shows?recruiter=535354988&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 07:38:42 PM »

Posted the same to Nightrain forum too.

http://nightrain.gunsnroses.com/topic/93-release-official-soundboard-audio-of-the-shows/

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 04:21:38 PM »

Over 300 signatures so far, great!

We need some major outlet help to bring in the thousands I think.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 06:12:15 PM »

I reached out to the following fan communities:

Facebook pages:

Guns N' Roses Bootlegs
GNR France
Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Germany
Guns N' Roses Mexico
Guns N' Roses Latino America
Guns N' Roses Brasil
Guns N' Roses News

And forums:

paradisecity.com
chinesedemocracy.com

Some of them already posted the link. South America hasn't been very responsive yet.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2016, 06:37:45 PM »

I reached out to the following fan communities:

Facebook pages:

Guns N' Roses Bootlegs
GNR France
Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Germany
Guns N' Roses Mexico
Guns N' Roses Latino America
Guns N' Roses Brasil
Guns N' Roses News

And forums:

paradisecity.com
chinesedemocracy.com

Some of them already posted the link. South America hasn't been very responsive yet.

Maybe some South American users on here can help out?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: