Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:04:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion  (Read 44205 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2016, 10:12:43 PM »

In all seriousness, I think the guy isnt a bad person. I just think he didn't contribute with anything I liked. He represents everything that's unnoriginal and vanilla in rock n' roll today.

I liked him. And lets be honest, the guy can write great music.

Ballad of death & Mi Amor for example, i can always enjoy them.
Lets be honest, both are terrible.

There was a time when DJ wasn't those things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQjUQmAwMAo

It sucks that he showed so little in GN'R I loved him before he joined and I thought It was going to be awesome when he joined but I admit he didn't show anything very impressive with the band. He's much better doing his own solos than copying other peoples.

Thanks! Hadn't seen this, and I gotta say, he fit much better with Beautiful Creatures. He looked more authentic on the stage there.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2016, 12:42:39 AM »

that "new" la-trend with black jeans and glamstuff...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:04:22 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2016, 01:08:49 AM »

I liked him. And lets be honest, the guy can write great music.

Ballad of death & Mi Amor for example, i can always enjoy them.

Just listened to those "songs" for the first and last time. If you appreciate those songs there's a MOUNTAIN of musical pleasure that you can find in bad japanese action-games with bad japanese heavy metal-throwaway-stuff on the soundtracks. Good luck!

i thought ballad of death was cool, but lol at the bad japanese action games soundtrack comment. japanese rock/metal music is, well... those guys really need to try smoking weed or something. sure, they are organized and can perform well, but it's almost too organized or something. very generic, generally.

It would be quite a trip if the band shows up with a 3rd guitarist after the not in this lifetime tour for the purpose of touring new music. very interested to see the reactions that would stir up. i for one would be fine with it. i wonder if those that hate the 3 guitar setup would be more forgiving if it came along with some new tunes.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2016, 03:07:18 AM »

It would be quite a trip if the band shows up with a 3rd guitarist after the not in this lifetime tour for the purpose of touring new music. very interested to see the reactions that would stir up. i for one would be fine with it. i wonder if those that hate the 3 guitar setup would be more forgiving if it came along with some new tunes.

No.  Never again please.  It's worse enough as it is with 2 keyboard players and those dancers in the back.  Back to basics please !  Rock n' roll !

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2016, 09:03:45 AM »

I remember this song, heard it in 2009 when it was announced that he would join in. I admit it's better than Ballad of Death and Mi Amor.

No.  Never again please.  It's worse enough as it is with 2 keyboard players and those dancers in the back.  Back to basics please !  Rock n' roll !
As much as I agree that a 3rd guitar is not needed right now, I really don't understand all the hate towards 2 keyboard players. From what I heard, the guitars are pretty fucking loud and good and Dizzy and Melissa did nothing but minor additions. What is so bad about it? Are you responsable for their paycheck? Would you avoid to watch the band because of that?

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2016, 11:15:08 AM »

The dancers did add a certain cheese factor.  But I hardly thought they were dealbreakers.

I think the second keyboard player hate got lumped into the pushback against 3 guitarists in the last batch of line-ups.  The impression was that Axl seemed to need a cast of thousands to replace the work done by only fewer people in the band's prime.  That, and few could ever really tell you what Chris actually, you know...did.

As for Melissa, I still don't claim to know what she's playing.  But I can hear her backing vocals along with Duff, and I like them.  So that alone makes her aces in my book.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2016, 11:55:56 AM »

As for Melissa, I still don't claim to know what she's playing.  But I can hear her backing vocals along with Duff, and I like them.  So that alone makes her aces in my book.

Anything to do with that you're same sex as her? Just asking to clarify peace
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2016, 01:01:53 PM »

Nope.

Do think she's cute though, if that helps your research in some way.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
cc4sc
Opening Act

« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2016, 02:41:59 PM »

I remember this song, heard it in 2009 when it was announced that he would join in. I admit it's better than Ballad of Death and Mi Amor.

As much as I agree that a 3rd guitar is not needed right now, I really don't understand all the hate towards 2 keyboard players. From what I heard, the guitars are pretty fucking loud and good and Dizzy and Melissa did nothing but minor additions. What is so bad about it? Are you responsable for their paycheck? Would you avoid to watch the band because of that?

To me, GNR was and always should be: vocals, 2 guitars, bass and drums. Anything else is subtraction by addition (and yes, that includes Dizzy).
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2016, 02:51:09 PM »

To me, GNR was and always should be: vocals, 2 guitars, bass and drums. Anything else is subtraction by addition (and yes, that includes Dizzy).

I can't totally agree, because I would not want to just hear AFD type material for the rest of my life.

It's an amazing rock album, but I wouldn't want them stuck in that rut.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2016, 02:56:36 PM »

I can't totally agree, because I would not want to just hear AFD type material for the rest of my life.

Not to mention, that PC, one of their biggest hits on AFD, has an iconic synth intro. 
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2016, 03:41:10 PM »

I think it's a little reductive to label Dizzy and Melissa as "2 keyboard players." As far as I can tell, Dizzy is a piano player (electric or otherwise) focused on chords and melody, while Melissa (and Chris before her) uses her "keyboard" to supply synth (as in "Paradise City") and other sound effects and cues. Dizzy and Melissa's respective contributions are far more different from each other than Slash's and Richard's, though I rarely hear people complain about having "2 guitar players."

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
Princess Leia
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2016, 04:22:04 PM »

I think it's a little reductive to label Dizzy and Melissa as "2 keyboard players." As far as I can tell, Dizzy is a piano player (electric or otherwise) focused on chords and melody, while Melissa (and Chris before her) uses her "keyboard" to supply synth (as in "Paradise City") and other sound effects and cues. Dizzy and Melissa's respective contributions are far more different from each other than Slash's and Richard's, though I rarely hear people complain about having "2 guitar players."

If they want to bring 10 keyboard players for songs like Better or TWAT and add souns effects or whatever, fine. But not for a song like Paradise City or any other AFD song.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2016, 04:34:22 PM »

Not to mention, that PC, one of their biggest hits on AFD, has an iconic synth intro. 

even though I love keyboards on everything else Gnr related, I don't like it on PC....that album should have been all the way straight up. Just my 2.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2016, 05:39:43 PM »

Nope.

Sorry for being extremely intrusive and if I go too far just say so, but are you female? When reading your posts I always figured you're male.....I don't know why  peace

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2016, 06:17:56 PM »

I get your point, but there's plenty of songs we wouldnt have, or at least be completely different without the keyboards etc...

I personally dont think we need 2 keyboardists... and for me.. as cool as Melissa is... i still dont see the point of her in GNR.. but hey... thats just me. Dizzy i get.... i just dont see a need for a second one.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2016, 07:03:47 PM »

I personally prefer just the five guys + Dizzy. I think that's enough. And then, if they decide one day play one of the UYI songs that require those musicians from the Illusion tour, that's fine.

But IMHO the big question with Melissa is that most people just don't know what she's doing most of time so it's kinda hard to appreciate her presence. For the CD songs I get it. But what the hell she does the rest of the show? She's always rocking out, so she must be doing something. I'm not being disrespectful, I just really don't know. Sorry for my ignorance.

About DJ, I don't know if maybe Axl wanted him to be on Richard's spot? Or to be the third guitarrist? I just can't comprehend why Axl would want a third guitar when Slash is back. I hope he gets inspired by the acdc thing and stop with big band megalomania. Just keep it simple.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »

I personally prefer just the five guys + Dizzy. I think that's enough. And then, if they decide one day play one of the UYI songs that require those musicians from the Illusion tour, that's fine.

But IMHO the big question with Melissa is that most people just don't know what she's doing most of time so it's kinda hard to appreciate her presence. For the CD songs I get it. But what the hell she does the rest of the show? She's always rocking out, so she must be doing something. I'm not being disrespectful, I just really don't know. Sorry for my ignorance.

About DJ, I don't know if maybe Axl wanted him to be on Richard's spot? Or to be the third guitarrist? I just can't comprehend why Axl would want a third guitar when Slash is back. I hope he gets inspired by the acdc thing and stop with big band megalomania. Just keep it simple.

I AGREE WITH THIS POST 100%.

I dont really get what she is doing most of the time, and without sounding disrespectful... in some ways i find it a bit of a gimmick, or an attempt by GNR to have a modern take on their music. I mean, shes a pretty, shes got the whole DJ thing going on... and it gives a modern appearance to the band.. but i really just dont get it.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2016, 10:00:14 PM »

Nope.

Sorry for being extremely intrusive and if I go too far just say so, but are you female? When reading your posts I always figured you're male.....I don't know why  peace

if he's not a he, she had me fooled. somewhere between the hardcore wrestling fan thing and being into the girls at the bon jovi shows i just kind of figured... and yeah, comes across as a guy in general.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2016, 10:02:55 PM »

DJ was without a doubt THEE WORST guitar player GNR ever had? i was a fan of the original "NUGNR" lineup that included buckethead, finck, and tobias? and later fortus.  it sucked when buckethead left, but when i saw them at hammerstein and bumblefoot nailed the TWAT solo, it was an easy pill to swallow? however, when finck left and was replaced by dj ashba? i pretty much lost alot of interest in the newer lineup.  dj ashba was not a great player, and i know image really isnt important? but his clothing, and especially, that STUPID FUCKING HAT, was just soooo embarrassing? notice how he only wore it with GNR, like he was almost trying to be mistaken for slash or trying to mimic slash's top hat?  damn, he sucked.  good riddance!

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: