Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:41:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion  (Read 44145 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2016, 10:07:29 PM »

I personally prefer just the five guys + Dizzy. I think that's enough. And then, if they decide one day play one of the UYI songs that require those musicians from the Illusion tour, that's fine.

But IMHO the big question with Melissa is that most people just don't know what she's doing most of time so it's kinda hard to appreciate her presence. For the CD songs I get it. But what the hell she does the rest of the show? She's always rocking out, so she must be doing something. I'm not being disrespectful, I just really don't know. Sorry for my ignorance.

About DJ, I don't know if maybe Axl wanted him to be on Richard's spot? Or to be the third guitarrist? I just can't comprehend why Axl would want a third guitar when Slash is back. I hope he gets inspired by the acdc thing and stop with big band megalomania. Just keep it simple.

I AGREE WITH THIS POST 100%.

I dont really get what she is doing most of the time, and without sounding disrespectful... in some ways i find it a bit of a gimmick, or an attempt by GNR to have a modern take on their music. I mean, shes a pretty, shes got the whole DJ thing going on... and it gives a modern appearance to the band.. but i really just dont get it.

i would like to hear isolated soundboard recordings of just what she is doing to see what it's all about. that would be neat.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2016, 11:27:19 PM »

I personally prefer just the five guys + Dizzy. I think that's enough. And then, if they decide one day play one of the UYI songs that require those musicians from the Illusion tour, that's fine.

But IMHO the big question with Melissa is that most people just don't know what she's doing most of time so it's kinda hard to appreciate her presence. For the CD songs I get it. But what the hell she does the rest of the show? She's always rocking out, so she must be doing something. I'm not being disrespectful, I just really don't know. Sorry for my ignorance.

About DJ, I don't know if maybe Axl wanted him to be on Richard's spot? Or to be the third guitarrist? I just can't comprehend why Axl would want a third guitar when Slash is back. I hope he gets inspired by the acdc thing and stop with big band megalomania. Just keep it simple.

I AGREE WITH THIS POST 100%.

I dont really get what she is doing most of the time, and without sounding disrespectful... in some ways i find it a bit of a gimmick, or an attempt by GNR to have a modern take on their music. I mean, shes a pretty, shes got the whole DJ thing going on... and it gives a modern appearance to the band.. but i really just dont get it.

i would like to hear isolated soundboard recordings of just what she is doing to see what it's all about. that would be neat.

Exactly... and i dont mean that to sound condescending, but it would be interesting to hear exactly how much she is bringing to the table for particular songs.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2016, 05:55:24 AM »

As for Melissa, I still don't claim to know what she's playing.  But I can hear her backing vocals along with Duff, and I like them.  So that alone makes her aces in my book.

Anything to do with that you're same sex as her? Just asking to clarify peace

Nope.

Do think she's cute though, if that helps your research in some way.

D-Generation X is a girl ??  Shocked

I never would've guessed.

Nothing against girls (duh) but weird having read all those posts thinking she was a he  Grin

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2016, 09:02:20 AM »

Nothing against girls (duh) but weird having read all those posts thinking she was a he  Grin

Hey, it was news to me too.

I have to ask.  Have I been putting out a real female vibe over the course of these 8,000 or so posts?

If not, that had to be just about the most wack-a-doo, off the reservation assumption ever made about me around here. 

Well, non-Jarmo division, anyway.  He's still the king on that front.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2016, 09:08:30 AM »

Hey, if you constantly want to play the victim at your own personal Pity Party, stop bringing me up, and then cry when you get a response.
Thanks.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2016, 09:34:49 AM »

Hey, if you constantly want to play the victim at your own personal Pity Party, stop bringing me up, and then cry when you get a response.
Thanks.  ok

Hey, you read my mind, but Stan The Man here can read my DNA.

Might be a sign you need to step your game up some.  The game is always changing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2016, 10:01:52 AM »

Your opinions is politely disregarded.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2016, 10:20:08 AM »

How this Ashba thread became an investigation about D-Generation gender is a mistery to me. Hahahah.
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2016, 11:40:30 AM »

All I can say is that I'am glad Richard is in over DJ

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2016, 02:22:22 PM »

I can't imagine how DJ would possibly fit in with Slash being back. He  doesn't have the shredding skills to take over Bumblefoot or Buckethead's parts as a third guitarist, I sure as hell wouldn't take him over  Richard in a 2 guitar lineup... I mean, what would his role be? I just don't see him being necessary or adding to the sound in any way. If Bumblefoot made this claim, it would make more sense, but DJ? I don't get it. I was a fan of the heavier 3 guitar sound, but not with DJ as that third guitar. Seems pointless to me. And going back to just 2 guitars, I think Slash & Richard are perfect

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2016, 02:28:04 PM »

I have to ask.  Have I been putting out a real female vibe over the course of these 8,000 or so posts?

If not, that had to be just about the most wack-a-doo, off the reservation assumption ever made about me around here. 

You always struck me as someone that peed sitting
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2016, 03:12:53 PM »

No, but (in Gene Hunt mode)you do go on like a big big girls blouse
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2016, 03:54:46 PM »

Might be a sign you need to step your game up some.  The game is always changing.

I never gave it too much thought, but I always knew you had to be a dude.  The perpetual back-and-forth with Jarmo reeks of too much competitive testosterone for you to be a chick.   hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2016, 03:58:14 PM »

I never gave it too much thought, but I always knew you had to be a dude.  The perpetual back-and-forth with Jarmo reeks of too much competitive testosterone for you to be a chick.   hihi

Hahahaha

True, though.

And what chick is ever this much of a smartass all the damn time?  No chick I know.

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2016, 04:01:51 PM »

I can't imagine how DJ would possibly fit in with Slash being back. He  doesn't have the shredding skills to take over Bumblefoot or Buckethead's parts as a third guitarist, I sure as hell wouldn't take him over  Richard in a 2 guitar lineup... I mean, what would his role be? I just don't see him being necessary or adding to the sound in any way. If Bumblefoot made this claim, it would make more sense, but DJ? I don't get it. I was a fan of the heavier 3 guitar sound, but not with DJ as that third guitar. Seems pointless to me. And going back to just 2 guitars, I think Slash & Richard are perfect

Me neither.

Also, of the formation between 2001-2015 Richard was the only one that felt like he was like the 'old school' GnR. He has that RnR vibe, whereas Robin, DJ, Bumble and Bucket don't really have that. Of any of the recent 'old' members he's the only one that makes sense with Duff and Slash. And Frank of course, but he's no guitarist  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:17:27 PM by FreddieJames » Logged

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2016, 04:03:42 PM »

Richard is absolutely the best fit with this band. 

Slash would be totally incongruent with guys like Bucket or Bumble.  And DJ is like the poor man's poor man's Slash.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2016, 04:39:38 PM »

I've said it before, my money's on him writing that letter last July knowing full well Slash was returning and his time with the band was up, and it was a professional courtesy on GNR's behalf to let it look like he was stepping down. I don't buy the 'martyr' bit for a millisecond. He was never going to be a part of this, ever. Either way, Richard is a much better fit any day of the week.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2016, 04:53:18 PM »

Every time I read a negative post about DJ, I picture DJ himself giving the finger

hahaha, that always bugged me about the guy

He couldn't have a camera on him, while on stage and not give the finger.  Look at me I am a rock star, heres my finger and heres a bottle of booze!  I am so bad azz.   Bad!!!!!    I read it all in a book and watched mtv when I was a kid hahahahahahaha
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2016, 06:34:55 PM »

Is that me who has done something wrong?

But in any case, wouldn't three guitars just make a mess.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2016, 06:46:14 PM »

I tend to think that this reunion was well in the works before DJ made his announcement. Axl seemed to really like DJ and would have found something for him in the lineup if he choose to stay (OR if Duff and Slash agreed).

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: