Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227775 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE Wanted Me To Be A Part Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion  (Read 44050 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2016, 10:00:07 PM »

I tend to think that this reunion was well in the works before DJ made his announcement. Axl seemed to really like DJ and would have found something for him in the lineup if he choose to stay (OR if Duff and Slash agreed).

I just can't see Slash signing on for a co-lead.  Not just DJ, any co-lead.

A QB doesn't sign with a team that already has an established starter.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2016, 10:10:56 PM »

I tend to think that this reunion was well in the works before DJ made his announcement. Axl seemed to really like DJ and would have found something for him in the lineup if he choose to stay (OR if Duff and Slash agreed).

I agree... What I'm saying is I think Axl brought the idea to DJ and the most likely scenario is it was shot down by Slash not turned down by DJ. I just think Axl liked the guy and would have like to find a way to keep him around.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2016, 10:21:11 PM »

What I'm saying is I think Axl brought the idea to DJ and the most likely scenario is it was shot down by Slash not turned down by DJ. I just think Axl liked the guy and would have like to find a way to keep him around.

Talk like this reminds me of when people were saying Slash wouldn't play the CD songs.

Does anyone really believe that Slash wouldn't have been the draw or would somehow be "threatened" in the three guitarist scenario?

I don't understand why some fans are continually making Slash out to be on some kind of insecurity ego trip.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2016, 10:31:36 PM »

What I'm saying is I think Axl brought the idea to DJ and the most likely scenario is it was shot down by Slash not turned down by DJ. I just think Axl liked the guy and would have like to find a way to keep him around.

Talk like this reminds me of when people were saying Slash wouldn't play the CD songs.

Does anyone really believe that Slash wouldn't have been the draw or would somehow be "threatened" in the three guitarist scenario?

I don't understand why some fans are continually making Slash out to be on some kind of insecurity ego trip.

It's not an insecurity thing (IMO)... After all he is certainly giving Richard 'room' with extended solos in songs like KOHD and the NR intro... I just don't see him being a fan of that setup, Slash tends to lean towards raw and stripped down vs. bloated and overdone.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2016, 10:43:38 PM »

It's not an insecurity thing (IMO)... After all he is certainly giving Richard 'room' with extended solos in songs like KOHD and the NR intro... I just don't see him being a fan of that setup, Slash tends to lean towards raw and stripped down vs. bloated and overdone.
GNR has two keyboard players.  I'm guessing it's because it's an integral component to the CD songs.  I'm guessing/hoping the three guitarist scenario is an integral component to whatever is in the vault.

Since DJ turned down the gig, I'm guessing they decided they can do the CD songs with only Slash and Richard as long as they have the synths.  But for whatever is in the vault, they're going to also want a third (probably shredder type) guitarist.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2016, 11:35:04 PM »

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  No one said any of that.

The talk is about duplication of roles.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2016, 12:05:05 AM »

The talk is about duplication of roles.
No.  The talk was about Slash rejecting DJ/a third guitarist VS DJ turning down the gig.

As I stated, what some fans perceive as a "duplication of roles" may in fact be an integral component to the songs.

GNR has two keyboard players.  I'm guessing it's because it's an integral component to the CD songs.  I'm guessing/hoping the three guitarist scenario is an integral component to whatever is in the vault.

Since DJ turned down the gig, I'm guessing they decided they can do the CD songs with only Slash and Richard as long as they have the synths.  But for whatever is in the vault, they're going to also want a third (probably shredder type) guitarist.

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2016, 09:35:40 AM »

IMO it's disrespectful just to suggest this to Slash.
He is GNR lead guitarist. People waited all this years for him to come back.
Nothing against Ashba, but come on!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2016, 09:53:07 AM »

Well, yeah, also true.  But that just gets back to the false equivalence argument so many seem to be slaves to.

As far as I'm concerned, the inclusion of Richard and Frank is more than enough of an olive branch to the replacement line-ups.  You can't say they aren't represented on that stage.

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2016, 10:09:03 AM »

Well, yeah, also true.  But that just gets back to the false equivalence argument so many seem to be slaves to.

As far as I'm concerned, the inclusion of Richard and Frank is more than enough of an olive branch to the replacement line-ups.  You can't say they aren't represented on that stage.

Well, Izzy is one of a kind. We don't actualy know what goes on in his head. And we can't count on Steven, so it's fine to have Richard and Frank, especially cause they're doing a great job.

But to put someone to co-lead with Slash is a complete joke IMO. Duff and Slash are coming back, that's why this tour is so big, so we want to see Slash on lead, not Ashba!

Slash seems a pretty cool guy, but I'm sure he's not coming back to his band to give away a big share of what he has always played.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2016, 10:14:18 AM »

But to put someone to co-lead with Slash is a complete joke IMO. Duff and Slash are coming back, that's why this tour is so big, so we want to see Slash on lead, not Ashba!

It's just not worth the bullshit and the baggage it would entail. 

There would be a small group that loved it, a slightly larger group that could take or leave it, but a FAR larger group that would absolutely DESPISE it.

Who wants that vibe in the mix?

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2021, 09:26:38 AM »

DJ ASHBA Says He Walked Away From 'One Of The Biggest Paychecks In The World' When He Left GUNS N' ROSES

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dj-ashba-says-he-walked-away-from-one-of-the-biggest-paychecks-in-the-world-when-he-left-guns-n-roses/

still wonder what were "the couple of reasons" he left he doesn't want to go public with

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2021, 10:58:19 AM »

I liked DJ.  He has a good heart.  Wonder if he's out giving away food and money to the homeless in Vegas.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2021, 10:04:12 AM »

Not a Slasba fan….gotta love Tommy calling Ashba out on his free publicity stunt.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2021, 11:50:14 AM »

Not a Slasba fan….gotta love Tommy calling Ashba out on his free publicity stunt.  hihi

Loved Tommy too.  New GNR may not have been what people wanted but I liked all of them.  Always something going on with that group.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2021, 12:14:34 PM »

In my opinion, Tommy was the closest “new” Gnr member to being like the old school Gnr members. His influences are very similar to Duff and Izzy.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2021, 04:13:15 PM »

In my opinion, Tommy was the closest “new” Gnr member to being like the old school Gnr members. His influences are very similar to Duff and Izzy.

Well, he had the drinking down.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2021, 09:25:49 PM »

He also came from a band who did only what they wanted…come hell or high water. They just never had their Sweet Child O Mine moment.  Undecided

cineater
Legend

« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2021, 11:39:36 PM »

He also came from a band who did only what they wanted…come hell or high water. They just never had their Sweet Child O Mine moment.  Undecided

Guess they took the highway.  Cheesy

Melissa said Dizzy was singing the national anthem at the Broncos game today.  Can't find a youtube or facebook video.  Anybody catch it?

Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2021, 03:50:33 AM »

Last night I watched the London show from 2012, it was amazing! I don`t know how much of it was rerecorded, touched, brushed and played with, but Axl and the band sound fantastic...
Still laughing about Axl calling himself the bad Jesus at the end Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: