Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  2016: The Year Axl Rose (Guns N' Roses) Saves Music
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016: The Year Axl Rose (Guns N' Roses) Saves Music  (Read 4910 times)
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: May 10, 2016, 11:49:54 AM »

Here's a link to a blog I wrote on 2016 being the year of Axl/Guns.

Would love your thoughts, positive and negative (please be gentle).

http://quitmyjobfortheblog.weebly.com/blog/2016-the-year-axl-rose-saves-music
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 11:55:23 AM »

ig, BIG, Guns N' Roses fan here.  BIG FAN.  There's no other way I can slice it.  (My dog is named after Axl). 

(Also, to be fair, Axl Rose isn't single-handedly doing the saving.  Slash and Duff, and the current lineup are doing their part.  But Axl's pulling double-duty with AC/DC, so i figured I'd give him the nod)

Rock has been on life support since the grunge-scene ended, despite what some would have you believe.

Look at the industry.  It's Pop, it's new-school rap/r&b, it's techno/trance/edm, and it's country.  It's all over-produced garbage.  It sucks.  Scores of producers/writers are incorporating analytics when creating songs for one-piece acts that are mathematically guaranteed to "go viral" while keeping costs (and originality) down.  There's no up-n-coming Rock band anyone can get excited about.   It's all shit, catchy shit, but shit none the less.  (You have to at least agree with me there).  I read an article a year or two ago saying One Direction is the equivalent of Beatle-mania landing in the States...are fucking kidding me?

The music industry and rock in particular needs a breath of fresh air.  Enter Axl Rose.

Guns N' Roses is inherently different.  You can't punch numbers into a computer and have it spit out Slash's bluesy/sleazy guitar solos.  You can't mimic that battle-tested and raw strum from Duff's bass.  You can't find a team of producers on earth that can sympathize with two young and desperate songwrites like Izzy and Axl (miss you Izzy, and Steven).  And you sure as shit, CANNOT train Justin Beiber or other pop clones to have the stage presence and pipes of Axl fucking Rose. 

We don't know how or why Axl made a mends with Slash, but we all benefit from it happening.   Axl and co. have taken 2016 by storm.  His live shows with Guns so far have silenced critics.  For DECADES the media has been so quick to turn on Axl...and admittedly (at times) they've been justified in doing so .  But this Axl Rose has a new-found energy that can't be denied...(I'd say it's a "spring in his step," but he's been relegated to a chair since breaking his leg a few weeks ago).  Even as a stand-in for AC/DC, Axl has gotten nearly unanimous rave reviews for his performance.  Guns and AC/DC are putting asses in the seats...and the media and industry are taking notice.

I think people are tired of the "money-ball" like music industry we've been suffering through the last decade or so.   I don't think it's crazy to assume the "Not in this Lifetime" Guns N' Roses tour will be the highest grossing tour of 2016.  They're going to outsell Justin Beiber and Queen Bae, simply because the music is better.  It's just better.

And ultimatley, isn't that what will save the industry? Better, original, authentic music.

That's what Guns N' Roses brings.  That's what Axl Rose brings.

I can't wait to see Guns in July!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: