Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:36:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] June 23, 2016 ? Ford Field, Detroit
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] June 23, 2016 ? Ford Field, Detroit  (Read 71532 times)
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #320 on: June 27, 2016, 01:08:53 AM »

Some pro-shot audio/video in this clip from Artisan News Service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-qh-GaVKiY
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #321 on: June 27, 2016, 07:55:30 AM »

Finally a few words from Slash.
Thanks for sharing.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #322 on: June 27, 2016, 09:10:58 AM »

Awesome, thanks.

But that's one hell of poorly edited stuff at the end, huh? hihi

Thanks for sharing.
I couldn't understand what Slash said that well. What did he say?

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #323 on: June 27, 2016, 01:32:17 PM »

Awesome, thanks.

Thanks for sharing.

Something like:

It's been fucking awesome. This is the first night of the actual tour. The first seven shows felt really natural, so I would say this is gonna be the same kinda deal. It's more than I really expected. I didn't actually give it a lot of thought. Just dove right in.

There's noise in the background and english is not my first language, so I'm sorry in advance if I misheard anything.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #324 on: June 27, 2016, 02:02:49 PM »

Awesome, thanks.

Thanks for sharing.

Something like:

It's been fucking awesome. This is the first night of the actual tour. The first seven shows felt really natural, so I would say this is gonna be the same kinda deal. It's more than I really expected. I didn't actually give it a lot of thought. Just dove right in.

There's noise in the background and english is not my first language, so I'm sorry in advance if I misheard anything.

That's pretty much what he said.

What I took from his comments was that he didn't know what to expect reuniting with Axl & co, but it's better than he expected.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #325 on: June 27, 2016, 04:40:57 PM »

Something like:

Thanks! English is not my first language either, so no worries. Smiley

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2016, 08:43:39 PM »

Haven't seen them since '92 either - at Williams Brice stadium in Columbia, SC with Metallica.  Fixing to head up to FedEx Field Ina couple of hours.  Can't wait!  Talk about something you never expected to happen "in my lifetime"  beer!!!

Did you buy CD? Why didn't you check out the many previous tours? Just curious why so many weren't interested earlier...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #327 on: June 28, 2016, 03:47:42 PM »

Identified now as a Detroit soundcheck, though Slash's UK twitter followers identify it as Washington D.C. (which was actually Landover, Maryland).  I'll leave it here until someone says otherwise, but it's a great photo no matter what!

and then....

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:08:26 PM by Bridge » Logged
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #328 on: July 03, 2016, 12:22:58 AM »

I only got to watch the full show now. What's with the guy dressed in all black bringing a whistle to Axl during Nightrain peace

One blow and then it was thrown away, why Axl didn't have it with him from the beginning. There was no indication at all that please someone bring me a whistle.
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #329 on: July 03, 2016, 09:02:02 AM »

I only got to watch the full show now. What's with the guy dressed in all black bringing a whistle to Axl during Nightrain peace

One blow and then it was thrown away, why Axl didn't have it with him from the beginning. There was no indication at all that please someone bring me a whistle.

Paradise city?
Matt_Viar
Opening Act

Maybe we'd be better off without you anyway

« Reply #330 on: July 03, 2016, 01:56:53 PM »

Haven't seen them since '92 either - at Williams Brice stadium in Columbia, SC with Metallica.  Fixing to head up to FedEx Field Ina couple of hours.  Can't wait!  Talk about something you never expected to happen "in my lifetime"  beer!!!

Did you buy CD? Why didn't you check out the many previous tours? Just curious why so many weren't interested earlier...

Didn't check out previous tours as they weren't Guns N' Roses to me.  I didn't get to see them before they finished touring in support of Appetite in '88, but did get to see them in '91 while Izzy was still with them.  It was disappointing when he left, but the core of the band was still there (although that was the beginning of the end with Axl losing his writing partner). 

So once Slash then Duff left (and Matt Sorum and Gilby were dismissed) it wasn't the same band.  I view the '01 - '14 versions as Axl's solo project (and don't get me starred on the KFC guy!).  Most older fans see it that way as well.  Younger fans just didn't have that comparison live before now.  In fact Velvet Revolver was more GN'R in terms of music and style.  I purchased Chinese Democracy when it was released and was eager to hear it.  My first thoughts when I heard it was Axl sounded great, but it was missing something - it had no heart and soul like VR's music did (and in the same respect Weiland's vocal were not in the same league as Axl's). 

So Axl and Slash and Duff are the perfect complements to each other in terms of sound and style.  I NEVER thought I would get to see them together again and will enjoy this chapter as long as it lasts.  My thoughts leaving FedEx Field last week were I couldn't believe they hadn't performed together in 23 years as they actually sounded better than in '92.  But that's a testament to the musical match they are (and probably why Axl's struggled to keep things going without them - ie 1 album in all those years).

Anyway, didn't ever buy a cd of the Williams Bruce show, but did find a download on the 'Appetite for Collection board one time - quality wasn'the that good so I stick with listening to the Chicago show from that year (plus that show includes 1 of 3 times they played 'Coma' live during that period). 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 01:58:51 PM by Matt_Viar » Logged

1991: 06/22 Hampton, VA
1992: 09/07 Columbia, SC
2016: 06/26 Washington DC
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #331 on: July 03, 2016, 02:46:51 PM »

IMO the above sounds like the same (ridiculous) logic the Brian Johnson 'loyalist' are using to get their ticket purchases refunded.

It never ceases to amaze me that "fans" would rather miss out on amazing live performances only because so-n-so isn't so-n-so.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #332 on: July 03, 2016, 05:37:24 PM »

Paradise city?

Of course, my bad. But it still doesn't answer the question why did that happen.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #333 on: July 03, 2016, 07:55:13 PM »

Dont know man, maybe he forgot it on his desk backstage? ?\_(ツ)_/? 

MHC
Headliner

« Reply #334 on: July 03, 2016, 07:56:31 PM »

It was the first gig of the tour. The crew failed to put the whistle on Axl's stand so he had to run out and give it to him.
Matt_Viar
Opening Act

Maybe we'd be better off without you anyway

« Reply #335 on: July 03, 2016, 09:31:40 PM »

IMO the above sounds like the same (ridiculous) logic the Brian Johnson 'loyalist' are using to get their ticket purchases refunded.

It never ceases to amaze me that "fans" would rather miss out on amazing live performances only because so-n-so isn't so-n-so.

Ok, so you must be part of the under 40 crowd.  What you're missing here is perpective.  According to your logic Mick Jagger could put a band together with no other members of the Rolling Stones, but call them the Rolling Stones because he's the lead singer.  Is that band the Rolling Stones, are they going to sound as good and would you pay to see that?  No, no and NO!

If you weren't around in the late 80's / early 90's not only does your opinion not count on this subject, you also can't question someone's fandom.  Did you keep tabs on MTV (when they played music videos, yes they actually did play music videos) and 'Get in the Ring' magazines to get snippets of news on the Illusion albums because that's the only resources that were available?  Were you watching MTV and Kurt Loder live from the Alpine Valley Music Theater to get to see their first show as a headliner (no Periscope then)?  Did you wait in line for tickets to the Illusion tour (Internet didn't exist then)?  Were you hanging by the radio in the shop of a crappy summer job to get to hear the world release of 'You Could Be Mine'?  And were you in line at midnight on September 16, 1991 waiting to purchase the Illusion cassette tapes (no iTunes then) when they were released?

Pretty sure the answer to those questions us 'no'.  So excuse me if I gave 2 fucks about that 'band' that Axl trotted around for the better part of a decade and a half.  The whole concept of "new soldiers now stand at your beckon command" (get that reference?) was a f'ing joke.

Me, I'm just happy that the ass-kicking band I grew up with is back, even it is for a short time (I hope it's for longer).  If you grew up with them and then saw it implode, just having one more shot to see it again is priceless.

1991: 06/22 Hampton, VA
1992: 09/07 Columbia, SC
2016: 06/26 Washington DC
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #336 on: July 03, 2016, 09:51:05 PM »

If you weren't around in the late 80's / early 90's not only does your opinion not count on this subject, you also can't question someone's fandom.
That's bullshit. It's not a contest. You can either use this logic to avoid a band or not, it's your choice. Just don't say other people can't enjoy as much or are not legitimate.

By the way, yeah, I was around the 80s. So fucking what?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2016, 10:15:56 PM »

Ok, so you must be part of the under 40 crowd.  What you're missing here is perpective.  According to your logic Mick Jagger could put a band together with no other members of the Rolling Stones, but call them the Rolling Stones because he's the lead singer.  Is that band the Rolling Stones, are they going to sound as good and would you pay to see that?  No, no and NO!

If you weren't around in the late 80's / early 90's not only does your opinion not count on this subject, you also can't question someone's fandom.  Did you keep tabs on MTV (when they played music videos, yes they actually did play music videos) and 'Get in the Ring' magazines to get snippets of news on the Illusion albums because that's the only resources that were available?  Were you watching MTV and Kurt Loder live from the Alpine Valley Music Theater to get to see their first show as a headliner (no Periscope then)?  Did you wait in line for tickets to the Illusion tour (Internet didn't exist then)?  Were you hanging by the radio in the shop of a crappy summer job to get to hear the world release of 'You Could Be Mine'?  And were you in line at midnight on September 16, 1991 waiting to purchase the Illusion cassette tapes (no iTunes then) when they were released?

Pretty sure the answer to those questions us 'no'.  So excuse me if I gave 2 fucks about that 'band' that Axl trotted around for the better part of a decade and a half.  The whole concept of "new soldiers now stand at your beckon command" (get that reference?) was a f'ing joke.

Me, I'm just happy that the ass-kicking band I grew up with is back, even it is for a short time (I hope it's for longer).  If you grew up with them and then saw it implode, just having one more shot to see it again is priceless.

Let me chime in. My first exposure to gnr was a bootleg of live like a suicide, sent to me by my uncle, who was living in LA at the time gnr was playing the strip. I fell in fucking love. I was 13.

I"m 42, now. The show at metlife will be the 15th time i have seen them, in one form or another. My first was opening for aerosmith at the orange county fairgrounds in ny.

Not. One. Thing. You. wrote. pertains to me, in terms of how i feel about this band.  And i could give two shits that they pertain to you.  What chomps on my gibblets is you feel the need to try to pigeon hole all fans of "our" age group, or most, or even many, to try to somehow bolster your own opinion. And you try to minimze everyone else who has a differing opinion any way you can. Bull-fucking-shit.

Speak for yourself. You are not the fucking lorax. Its the only fucking person you can speak for. Don't try to speak for everyone else. If you feel that way about the early new millenium version...great. We will agree to disagree, and people will make their individual cases as to why they feel the way they do, and point out why they disagree with you. We've had those discussions since 2002, at least. But dont try to make is seem like that opinion is more valid by trying to say its something other than what it is: your opinion. It is NOT all fans in the long time fandom who feel the way you do. I have seen no evidence its MOST fans. Its definitely some....but how many isnt relevant.  You are not RIGHT in feelng the way you do, regardless, and everyone else isnt WRONG for feeling the way they do. So nut the fuck up, realize different people, even in your demo, are going to see things differently, and we'll all get along swimmingly. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:59:20 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #338 on: July 03, 2016, 10:18:13 PM »

Ok, so you must be part of the under 40 crowd.

Trying to compliment me will not work!!!  hihi

But thank you!!!  You truly made my night!!!  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #339 on: July 03, 2016, 10:19:17 PM »

Ok, so you must be part of the under 40 crowd.

Trying to compliment me will not work!!!  hihi

But thank you!!!  You truly made my night!!!  Grin

I mean...it IS a little like getting carded when you go to buy beer.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: