Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 08:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227999 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] June 29, 2016 ? Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] June 29, 2016 ? Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City  (Read 36025 times)
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2016, 01:39:53 PM »

I wanna see a guest appearance from Tommy sometime soon. He was of the most important members during his time in the band. I mean there was a similar situatiom with Duff in London 2010, right?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:44:41 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Princess Leia
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2016, 01:45:07 PM »

Ticketmaster had it as almost sold out and then they closed off the upper deck anyway ... So not sure what happened there ...

Strange indeed.

Days ago there were clusters of seats available in all sections of the stadium, upper deck as well. But each bowl was at the least 85-90% sold, and with the amount of seats displayed as sold in the upper deck there weren't nearly enough empty seats in the lower bowls and field to accommodate for all those upper-deck people.

I'm not sure those Ticketmaster maps are accurate.

Ticketmaster has been doing a lot of resale tickets, just check their website. On top of that if you check StubHub or any other scalpers site you're gonna find plenty of tickets for all the shows.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2016, 02:20:14 PM »

I wouldn't expect the Atlanta show to get more than 25,000 to 35,000.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2016, 03:35:42 PM »

25,000 people?

Can that be right?

I think that's a underestimated guesstimation.

Filled to the brim, for concert setup, the place holds roughly 57k (because Kenny Chesney set the record for a concert there at 57,300-ish).

If you close the uppers, you lose about 15k, maybe slightly less, in that stadium.  That drops you to 42k ish.   For attendance to "only" be 25k, the place would have had to have looked half empty.  Did it look half empty to anyone last night?

I'm guessing attendance was more like 35k+ and the writer was just taking a stab.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2016, 03:53:22 PM »

"Here is footage of them last week playing at FedEx Field which for some reason looks a lot like The Troubadour in Hollywood and not at all like a giant fucking football stadium. Stay tuned for more news."
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2016, 04:01:01 PM »

If you close the uppers, you lose about 15k, maybe slightly less, in that stadium.  That drops you to 42k ish.   For attendance to "only" be 25k, the place would have had to have looked half empty.

Firstly, judging by the photos, it looks like you're losing more than 15,000.  Secondly, it wasn't just the uppers that were closed.  That entire back section behind the stage was also closed, top to bottom.  Flip back a few pages, those photos DO make the place look half-empty if you really look.  During the show photo, the empty sections are not lit at all, so it's easy to miss how many sections are really closed.  Based on the photos, I can believe that only 25,000 fans were there.  But that's still a lot.  I personally never expected every single show to produce 40,000 fans.  I think it's going to fluctuate more than people think.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:09:10 PM by Bridge » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2016, 04:12:31 PM »

If you close the uppers, you lose about 15k, maybe slightly less, in that stadium.  That drops you to 42k ish.   For attendance to "only" be 25k, the place would have had to have looked half empty.

Yeah, but it wasn't just the uppers that were closed.  That entire back section behind the stage was also closed, top to bottom.  Flip back a few pages, those photos DO make the place look half-empty.  The empty sections are not lit at all, so it's easy to miss how many sections are really closed.  Based on the photos, I can believe that only 25,000 fans were there.  But that's still a lot.

The upper deck is roughly 20k capacity for football. Thats not a guess, its whats listed. You lose about 1/4 of those seats "behind the stage". Thats about 15k. 57-15=42.

Closing the seats behind the stage is normal for a concert setup. Was the same for Chesney's show. Most stadium shows in the states do this, thus why capacity is 57k and not 74k (which is what it is for football games).

Again, if it were 25k, about half the open and available seats would have to be empty. Did it look that way to you? Did you see roughly 17k open seats, not including upoer deck and behind stage? I don't think i do....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:27:30 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2016, 04:18:53 PM »

Firstly, judging by the photos, it looks like you're losing more than 15,000.  Secondly, it wasn't just the uppers that were closed.  That entire back section behind the stage was also closed, top to bottom.  Flip back a few pages, those photos DO make the place look half-empty if you really look.  During the show photo, the empty sections are not lit at all, so it's easy to miss how many sections are really closed.  Based on the photos, I can believe that only 25,000 fans were there.  But that's still a lot.  I personally never expected every single show to produce 40,000 fans.  I think it's going to fluctuate more than people think.

I think sub 30,000 in a major city is disappointing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2016, 04:30:10 PM »

It would likely still be a money maker for everyone involved.

And for a mid western town, on a wednesday night, in late june?  Not too shabby, imho, even if it were 28k or so (and i don't think it is).  Its still WAY too big a show to do in an arena.

Together again,
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2016, 06:46:53 PM »

Another great review!
http://www.pitch.com/music/blog/20826965/guns-n-roses-gave-fans-everything-they-wanted-last-night-at-arrowhead-stadium
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2016, 07:31:47 PM »

On a Wednesday night? No, it's not a bad number. Keep in mind that doing stadiums isn't just to fill them but rather they need a place big enough for that type of set up and big enough to handle a crowd that an arena otherwise couldn't with that set up.

That said, check out @arrowheadevents on Twitter at some of the pics and it looks like there was probably more than 25k there.

ryanb964
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2016, 08:23:31 PM »

I was there in person last night, and I'd say it was 25,000. There were scattered open seats by my friend and I all over our section C, and open seats in the stands. I wouldn't call it a disappointment though, GNR have played KC 3 times since Nov 2011. It was an awesome show and I'm thankful I went, and I drove 5 and a half hours to get there. Fans are just going to have to regret not going.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2016, 09:35:09 PM »

Also keep in mind that Kansas City is a relatively small market. The city proper may be "big city," but the 14 county MSA is just over 2 million. That's a small market. Detroit is a 5 million plus MSA and that's just 3 counties,not including all over lower Michigan which is within a 2-3 hour drive. In addition, KC is an isolated MSA. Remember, most arenas hold 10,000 to 20,000 people and a lot of big, classic bands do t always sell out every arena, especially smaller markets. Again, if this were an arena tour they would have quickly and easily sold out in every market !
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_metropolitan_area

Also- Pittsburg's MSA is simply too small and too close to Philly, Cincinnati
In addition, I think they could have eliminated one of those shows- central Indiana will go to Chicago, and most of the population in Pensylvania is clustered on the east side of the state neat Philly, so most Pennsylvania fans are going to Philly. If you head west of Pittsburg, those people would be drawn to Concinnatti or even Detroit. To top it off, if you go south east of Pittsburgh you're getting really close to Landover show. Many would simply go to the Washington DC/Landover concert. Simply put, too many stadium shows spread too thin in too many markets.
Take out the Pittsburg and KC shows, and all are selling well.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:57:40 PM by SkeletorSerpent » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2016, 10:03:34 PM »

In addition, I think they could have eliminated one of those shows- central Indiana will go to Chicago, and most of the population in Pensylvania is clustered on the east side of the state neat Philly, so most Pennsylvania fans are going to Philly. If you head west of Pittsburg, those people would be drawn to Concinnatti or even Detroit. Simply put, too many stadium shows spread too thin in too many markets.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, as a guy that lives here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2016, 10:52:51 PM »

In addition, I think they could have eliminated one of those shows- central Indiana will go to Chicago, and most of the population in Pensylvania is clustered on the east side of the state neat Philly, so most Pennsylvania fans are going to Philly. If you head west of Pittsburg, those people would be drawn to Concinnatti or even Detroit. Simply put, too many stadium shows spread too thin in too many markets.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, as a guy that lives here.

So you understand first hand. I lived in the Columbus area at one point, so understand a little. Pittsburg is unique. It's not really a gritty midwestern rust belt city, however, it's not really an old east coast city either. It has its own "feel" and vibe. Although, I do wonder about the Cleveland market. I think the planners were assuming that the Pittsburgh show would pull heavily from the Cleveland market, which is pretty big and a reasonable assumption. I wonder if they do some more marketing up in Cleveland at the rock stations there if they would push some more tickets. I would be curious as to your thoughts about Cleveland, D-GenerationX. Or, a lot of Cleveland fans identify more with the grittiness of Detroit and wanted to be at the "first show."Huh IDK.

Ideally, the concert promoters would have had one big blow out in Cincinnati and scrapped Nashville and Pittsburgh. Then scrapped Kansas City and Glendale and just had a big blow out in Denver (Glendale is simply too close to San Diego and LA, too much competition). That would have been more strategic. Also, scrapping Nashville would have been better for the Atlanta market. Atlanta's MSA is pretty comparable to Detroit (5 million) and will pull from even further out.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:02:41 PM by SkeletorSerpent » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2016, 01:05:21 AM »

The General Rulez !!!

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2016, 01:12:42 AM »

I know Duff is the original and archetypal GNR bassist (Ole, sorry dude!) and I really like what he did in GNR, VR and during his solo career.
but I've also always loved Tommy in GNR and he always was the archetypal NewGNR bassist. can't say much about his solo stuff, I never was a Replacements fan and maybe only Motivation is a catchy tune.
hard to say. I'd love to see Tommy doing a guest appearance with GNR. Duff could have a guitar for the time.
both of these guys are just class acts.
do you remember those times?

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2016, 01:26:58 AM »

I know Duff is the original and archetypal GNR bassist (Ole, sorry dude!) and I really like what he did in GNR, VR and during his solo career.
but I've also always loved Tommy in GNR and he always was the archetypal NewGNR bassist. can't say much about his solo stuff, I never was a Replacements fan and maybe only Motivation is a catchy tune.
hard to say. I'd love to see Tommy doing a guest appearance with GNR. Duff could have a guitar for the time.
both of these guys are just class acts.
do you remember those times?

Great Memories

love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2016, 06:13:28 AM »

I never got over the fact that Tommy said he didn't even like GNR music ...

The former King of Beers is my guy.

Very cool to see him pop up as a fan doe.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
squaleca
Opening Act

« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2016, 06:18:04 AM »

In 05 U2 played arrowhead 23000 attended that gig mind u they played soldier field 3x for 160 plus i expect well ove 100 in chicago ny and la and ne evan tom brady maybe
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: