Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:45:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] July 1, 2016 ? Soldier Field, Chicago
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] July 1, 2016 ? Soldier Field, Chicago  (Read 33419 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2016, 09:56:36 AM »

Aaaaand I slept again on KOHD. Too tired and it was already 1am here. Sad

The setlist (thanks Spirit):

SETLIST:

1. It's So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Chinese Democracy
4. Welcome To The Jungle
5. Double Talkin' Jive
6. Estranged
7. Live And Let Die
8. Rocket Queen
9. You Could Be Mine
10. New Rose w/You Can't Put Your Arms..
11. This I Love
12. Civil War
13. Coma
14. Godfather Theme
15. Sweet Child O' Mine
16. Better
17. Out Ta Get Me
18. Wish You Were Here
19. November Rain w/Layla
20. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
21. Nightrain

22. Don't Cry
23. The Seeker
24. Paradise City

If you had only stayed awake another 15 minutes or so.
Haha, true. But I just blinked and then it was SCOM already. I was like wtf hihi

If you're not Fortus, you're against us.
Can't argue with that.

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2016, 10:02:19 AM »

If they are gonna start changing it up Sunday would be a good day to do it being they'll be in the same place.
I'm thinking that way as well. If they do change it up it's way waaaaay likelier (is that a word?) that I get tickets for the second Show at metlife too.

Forget it...Seeker is like LALD of this new era...it will never leave unfortunately. Imo is an average song that could be easily replaced even by another Chinese song like IRS for instance.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2016, 10:30:46 AM »

Live And Let Die seems to have gotten some newfound love amongst the hardcores (me included). I actually look forward to hearing this song in the set now.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2016, 11:11:11 AM »

Live And Let Die seems to have gotten some newfound love amongst the hardcores (me included). I actually look forward to hearing this song in the set now.

Its already one of their own...been a regular since what, 1991?

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2016, 11:14:10 AM »

If they are gonna start changing it up Sunday would be a good day to do it being they'll be in the same place.
I'm thinking that way as well. If they do change it up it's way waaaaay likelier (is that a word?) that I get tickets for the second Show at metlife too.

Forget it...Seeker is like LALD of this new era...it will never leave unfortunately. Imo is an average song that could be easily replaced even by another Chinese song like IRS for instance.

Yeah but is a song that really helps Axl rest his voice, cause he uses his 'talk' voice and not the 'singing' one. Its an easy 4 minute song before PC.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2016, 11:14:35 AM »

great show!

Here is a terrible review.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/ct-guns-n-roses-soldier-field-review-kot-20160701-column,amp.html?client=safari#

I emailed the writer to tell him it was an awful review.
He clearly has no clue.

He wrote the same kinds if reviews about them 25 years ago. In a nutshell Kot leans heavily to the hipster avant garde side of the rn'r spectrum. It's not wrong or right, just a particular viewpoint. What's most interesting is an emerging theme of Slash being the strength of the live show. A lot of people outside the Axls hardcore fan base would probably agree.

I've seen enough.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2016, 11:18:36 AM »

Yeah but is a song that really helps Axl rest his voice, cause he uses his 'talk' voice and not the 'singing' one. Its an easy 4 minute song before PC.

Yep, I was about to say that...its a comfortable song for him to sing...it will never leave. Why not Bad Obsession instead? A legit GNR song and no much rasp and screams...would be a nice swap!

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2016, 11:45:14 AM »

great show!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/ct-guns-n-roses-soldier-field-review-kot-20160701-column,amp.html?client=safari#

He clearly has no clue.

He wrote the same kinds if reviews about them 25 years ago. In a nutshell Kot leans heavily to the hipster avant garde side of the rn'r spectrum. It's not wrong or right, just a particular viewpoint. What's most interesting is an emerging theme of Slash being the strength of the live show. A lot of people outside the Axls hardcore fan base would probably agree.
I see no such "emerging theme" among the reactions I've read through.

Ali
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2016, 12:57:20 PM »

great show!

He clearly has no clue.

Ali

Me either.

And especially for last nights show.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2016, 01:07:30 PM »

Slash is the heart of this tour. I've seen three shows. No question.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2016, 01:16:51 PM »

To me it's a group effort that is why this so special ... The both of them after all these years still bring the best out of each other.

Image with a band is a big thing ... and the image of these guys on stage together again is priceless.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ali
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2016, 02:00:52 PM »

great show!

He clearly has no clue.

Ali

Me either.

Yup.

By the way, I loved your comment on the Periscope last night about no Dolphins being allowed in Bears stadium. Well done sir.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2016, 02:01:34 PM »

To me it's a group effort that is why this so special ... The both of them after all these years still bring the best out of each other.

Image with a band is a big thing ... and the image of these guys on stage together again is priceless.
Exactly this. It is a group effort!

Ali
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2016, 02:05:05 PM »

So here's what I missed: Coma (still incomplete, tho). Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGU0vJ2cYLY

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2016, 02:32:23 PM »

Estranged:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=OYziugFaUuY&app=desktop

Civil War:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBJQ7hHR2Ok

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2016, 02:39:10 PM »

Its already one of their own...been a regular since what, 1991?

Yeah, I'm just saying that previously I've seen people wanting it out of the setlist, but not this time around. I think a lot has to do with the energy Axl displays in the song now.

Sweetness is a virtue
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2016, 02:51:20 PM »

great show!

He clearly has no clue.

That fuckstick writes for the Sheeples. Pretentious and self-indulgent journalism at its worst.

He missed the amazing talent of 4tus.

And, he obviously missed Slash come alive during Chinese Democracy. If it's so lame, why does it kickstart Slash into childlike enthusiasm.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2016, 02:52:58 PM »

Chicago lithograph is the best to date.

Anybody know the "Chicago" meaning behind it?

Where can I buy one?

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2016, 02:56:48 PM »

great show!

He clearly has no clue.

Ali

Me either.

Agree, it's the first time I've seen it mentioned in a review for this tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2016, 03:19:39 PM »

Chicago lithograph is the best to date.

Anybody know the "Chicago" meaning behind it?

Where can I buy one?

I think the meaning behind the Chicago litho has to do with the history of the mafia in the city. Al Capone was a leader of the mafia in Chicago at one point.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Outfit

In regards to buying the litho you might be able to find one on eBay. I'm sure the litho is going for over double the cost at the show. Good luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: