Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:32:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] July 3, 2016 ? Soldier Field, Chicago
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] July 3, 2016 ? Soldier Field, Chicago  (Read 28591 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2016, 02:35:34 PM »

People need to get over this set list change shit. At the most they might -might - rotate a song around or add in a new one.

The only "complaint" I had was that 1/3 of the songs being played are covers, when they have all these GNR originals to play.

I'll agree that I don't expect there to be much change, especially when people are suggesting changes when the band is only 4-5 shows into the tour!
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2016, 03:04:36 PM »

The J-Man with the setlist!!! Thanks, Man!!!

Setlist: It?s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin? Jive, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Raw Power, This I Love, Civil War, Coma, Band Intros, Slash Solo (Godfather)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, Out Ta Get Me, Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

Encore: Jam/Don't Cry, The Seeker, Paradise City

/jarmo
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2016, 03:40:55 PM »

what an awesome 2 night stand!

I got posters from both nights, they were fucking awesome. I wish I woulda also got the T-Shirt from last night. The stand I went to only had a small. I looked on eBay, some ppl have Fridays up for big money. I'd like to buy a large from last night
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2016, 05:34:10 PM »

People need to get over this set list change shit. At the most they might -might - rotate a song around or add in a new one. They also might get a little crazy, feel good and play an extra 30 minutes.

But they're more than likely going to stick with the status quo. There isn't going to be some massive drastic change.

This is a big time tour where they want everything exactly in place. They're not fucking around here and they're not going to play loose. They're a well oiled machine, hitting the stage at an earlier than normal hour and then getting on to the next show.

This is a different GnR than the one in the 1990s. There's a lot more at stake, in part because of what it would mean to legacies and to the critics, but - I suspect - to themselves as well.

This tour is not only going to make hundreds of millions and it's going to cost a shit ton as well, so they want to nail everything from the production, lights, timing, etc.

Going nuts and switching up things isn't going to help.

I saw the Rolling Stones three times last summer during their stadium tour. They didn't rarely and barely change the set list - as I recall - other than to play the fan "pick" that they would let folks vote on their web site.

I suppose I'm not surprised about the set list bitching, though.

"Fans" have been doing it since 2001. I also question how many of these people who complain are actually attending the shows. Or, more importantly, attending more than one show.

My two cents.

Flame me if you want.

I don't see anyone here whining, complaining or whatever you wanna call it.
Everyone is pretty happy and just hoping they play their favorite song, especially if it's on their alt list.
Also this is a fan board. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this is the perfect group of people and the perfect place to discuss all the little details (including setlist) that you normally can't discuss in your daily life, since most people are not die hard fans like we are.
So just chill out. You're over-dramatizing the situation.

I don't think NaturalLight is over dramatizing. I read someone's post in the other forum who said he's not spending any money on concert tickets nor other expenses regarding the shows. Instead he's watching the concerts online. This person has been complaining about the set list. It's beyond ridiculous!

Well then take it up in that forum?but complaining about someone complaining in another forum is a bit much.  No one here is really bitching about the setlist?obviously it would be cool to hear them play some other stuff but whatever.  I never thought I?d see them play anything so it?s all gravy to me, and, as someone else pointed out, Coma and DTJ?are you kidding me? 

I'm just saying it's ridiculous to complain when you are not planning to go to the concert and just sitting at home watching it. No skin in the game. 

A couple of weeks ago, I met up with a close friend who would LOVE to go  to the GNR concert at MetLife Stadium. He can't since he got laid off in Feb. He has a family, mortgage, and car payments to think about before anything else.  Whether it's here or at another forum, it's a bit ridiculous to complain since it's very early in the tour. Enjoy the show and appreciate it! Eventually these guys are not going to be able to perform since they are getting older.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2016, 05:40:43 PM »

Is it true that Slither was listed as one of the alternates?  If so, would anyone complain if that was swapped out for Seeker?  If they bust out Slither post-encore at Metlife, I will shit myself (not really, but I'll get very fired up). 

I think we'll see Slither at this show. It's either that or some surprise. GNR will be performing in the BIGGEST market and it's Slash b-day.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2016, 06:47:15 PM »

Is it true that Slither was listed as one of the alternates?  If so, would anyone complain if that was swapped out for Seeker?  If they bust out Slither post-encore at Metlife, I will shit myself (not really, but I'll get very fired up). 

Slither is listed, yes.

Drooling over some of those alternates....Slither, Nice Boys, Yesterdays, Whole lotta rosie, Think About you

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2016, 06:59:13 PM »

I think maybe I'm the only one who's not excited at all about them playing Slither.

I never really cared for it. It's cool and all, but extremely forgettable. It's got a nice solo, though.

Slash has tons of better songs (I Hold On, By The Sword, Nothin' To Say, Anastasia, You Got No Right, etc.)

But I don't think they should play any of those either. Stick to GNR songs and a few covers by other bands other than Slash, Duff, etc.
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2016, 07:21:51 PM »

I always preferred Fall to Pieces over Slither.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:24:36 PM by (t) » Logged
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2016, 08:58:43 PM »

Dont Cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIFv4HGIKd4

I sent a message to Frank on Facebook the morning before this show...saying that he should try sticking with the original sound of Dont Cry...play slower...he read it!  hihi 
And I think he played slower and more similar than the original than ever! thanks Frank!  hihi

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2016, 09:22:14 PM »

I'd honestly just like to see them put all those alt songs in over a few shows. They are listed for a reason. They wouldn't have them if they hadn't rehearsed them countless times and are comfortable playing them. I'm not expecting to hear something not on the alt list. I'd just like to hear the alt songs a few times.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2016, 09:28:36 PM »

I always preferred Fall to Pieces over Slither.

Remember when Axl mentioned that he heard Slash's demo of what-was-to-become Fall to Pieces.It would be great to hear his vocals on that song.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2016, 09:29:39 PM »

Slither is listed, yes.

Drooling over some of those alternates....Slither, Nice Boys, Yesterdays, Whole lotta rosie, Think About you

Any chance that Slither might be photoshopped ? Just a guess.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2016, 09:47:33 PM »

No.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2016, 10:07:01 PM »

I think maybe I'm the only one who's not excited at all about them playing Slither.

I never really cared for it. It's cool and all, but extremely forgettable. It's got a nice solo, though.

Slash has tons of better songs (I Hold On, By The Sword, Nothin' To Say, Anastasia, You Got No Right, etc.)

But I don't think they should play any of those either. Stick to GNR songs and a few covers by other bands other than Slash, Duff, etc.

No, you aren't.  I can't stand Slither.  Honestly, the velvet revolver albums were quite underwhelming to me.  If Slash insists on a non GNR song that he wrote...I'd kill to hear this band play World on Fire.  That song was just meant to be a Guns song.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2016, 10:24:06 PM »

No.

/jarmo

I'll take it !  Smiley

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2016, 11:09:48 PM »

I'm hoping for don't cry over patience saturday

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2016, 08:46:31 AM »

The J-Man with the setlist!!! Thanks, Man!!!

Setlist: It?s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin? Jive, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Raw Power, This I Love, Civil War, Coma, Band Intros, Slash Solo (Godfather)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, Out Ta Get Me, Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

Encore: Jam/Don't Cry, The Seeker, Paradise City

I don't consider the intros/instrumentals as covers.. GNR made  LALD and KOHD there own songs and they have been staples ever since..Raw Power, although on a studio album, I can see being considered a cover...As for the Seeker I just don't get it..Pretty cool song, but the fact that Axl played it previously and now with Slash and Duff it puzzles me..

/jarmo
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2016, 08:51:07 AM »

beer
People need to get over this set list change shit. At the most they might -might - rotate a song around or add in a new one. They also might get a little crazy, feel good and play an extra 30 minutes.

But they're more than likely going to stick with the status quo. There isn't going to be some massive drastic change.

This is a big time tour where they want everything exactly in place. They're not fucking around here and they're not going to play loose. They're a well oiled machine, hitting the stage at an earlier than normal hour and then getting on to the next show.

This is a different GnR than the one in the 1990s. There's a lot more at stake, in part because of what it would mean to legacies and to the critics, but - I suspect - to themselves as well.

This tour is not only going to make hundreds of millions and it's going to cost a shit ton as well, so they want to nail everything from the production, lights, timing, etc.

Going nuts and switching up things isn't going to help.

I saw the Rolling Stones three times last summer during their stadium tour. They didn't rarely and barely change the set list - as I recall - other than to play the fan "pick" that they would let folks vote on their web site.

I suppose I'm not surprised about the set list bitching, though.

"Fans" have been doing it since 2001. I also question how many of these people who complain are actually attending the shows. Or, more importantly, attending more than one show.

My two cents.

Flame me if you want.

I don't see anyone here whining, complaining or whatever you wanna call it.
Everyone is pretty happy and just hoping they play their favorite song, especially if it's on their alt list.
Also this is a fan board. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this is the perfect group of people and the perfect place to discuss all the little details (including setlist) that you normally can't discuss in your daily life, since most people are not die hard fans like we are.
So just chill out. You're over-dramatizing the situation.

I don't think NaturalLight is over dramatizing. I read someone's post in the other forum who said he's not spending any money on concert tickets nor other expenses regarding the shows. Instead he's watching the concerts online. This person has been complaining about the set list. It's beyond ridiculous!

Well then take it up in that forum?but complaining about someone complaining in another forum is a bit much.  No one here is really bitching about the setlist?obviously it would be cool to hear them play some other stuff but whatever.  I never thought I?d see them play anything so it?s all gravy to me, and, as someone else pointed out, Coma and DTJ?are you kidding me? 

I'm just saying it's ridiculous to complain when you are not planning to go to the concert and just sitting at home watching it. No skin in the game. 

A couple of weeks ago, I met up with a close friend who would LOVE to go  to the GNR concert at MetLife Stadium. He can't since he got laid off in Feb. He has a family, mortgage, and car payments to think about before anything else.  Whether it's here or at another forum, it's a bit ridiculous to complain since it's very early in the tour. Enjoy the show and appreciate it! Eventually these guys are not going to be able to perform since they are getting older.

I think a change in setlist would be appropriate if a large percentage of the audience were going to seversl shows..Cool setlist, stick with it! Even during the UYI tour, the setlist was usually just in a different order with a couple of alternative songs mixed in...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2016, 10:13:59 AM »

No, you aren't.  I can't stand Slither.  Honestly, the velvet revolver albums were quite underwhelming to me.  If Slash insists on a non GNR song that he wrote...I'd kill to hear this band play World on Fire.  That song was just meant to be a Guns song.

We all have our favorites as far as post-'93 GNR alumni songs, but in terms of popularity, it's Slither.  None of the others come close, except Fall to Pieces.  So for concert purposes, I think you go by what most in the audience know. 
Annie
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2016, 10:16:59 AM »

Well done Annie!!

Thank you  beer love ok

Glad that everybody enjoyed it. I adjusted my settings to save my broadcasts. I will be scoping AXL/DC in MSQ in September. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: