Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:37:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Bumblefoot knew the reunion was in the works when he left
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot knew the reunion was in the works when he left  (Read 10353 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: July 06, 2016, 04:20:33 PM »

http://loudwire.com/ron-bumblefoot-thal-guns-n-roses-exit-favorite-moments/

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 05:29:30 PM »

If he is referring to 2014, it's interesting we can trace the talks of a reunion back so far.

There might be a chance he's referring to the summer of 2015, when a GNR rep first officially confirmed Bumble was out?

Sweetness is a virtue
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 06:02:46 PM »

If he is referring to 2014, it's interesting we can trace the talks of a reunion back so far.

There might be a chance he's referring to the summer of 2015, when a GNR rep first officially confirmed Bumble was out?

But it says that he actually left in 2014 and he already knew about the reunion - maybe they waited to announce in 2015.
I don't know what you guys think, but I would say that the first conversations must have started in 2014.
2015 seems too last minute to start all the relationship amendments.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »

But it says that he actually left in 2014 and he already knew about the reunion - maybe they waited to announce in 2015.
I don't know what you guys think, but I would say that the first conversations must have started in 2014.

I agree 2014 is the most plausible scenario.

Sweetness is a virtue
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 06:14:22 PM »

I would say 2014. I think the door opened when Duff took Stinton's spot on the tour.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 06:31:29 PM »

I would say 2014. I think the door opened when Duff took Stinton's spot on the tour.

Duff definitely was the key person.

Just some fun speculation:
I think he first started to talk separately with them until they both agreed to talk.
So the question is when did Axl and Slash agreed to talk? Things started to happen when these two decided to make peace with each other...
Oh, how I wish I could hear that first conversation!
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 07:30:28 PM »

Duff definitely was the key person.

Just some fun speculation:
I think he first started to talk separately with them until they both agreed to talk.
So the question is when did Axl and Slash agreed to talk? Things started to happen when these two decided to make peace with each other...
Oh, how I wish I could hear that first conversation!

Out of speculation, I would say that Axl and Slash probably talked late 2013/early 2014. Stinson probably gave notice that he would be touring with the Replacements at this time. It would then lend credence to the fact that Bumblefoot knew that the reunion was going to happen since he left in June 2014.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:36:10 PM by draguns » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 08:03:03 PM »

Now Bumbles cryptic way of leaving the band makes total sense.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 12:07:48 AM »

Just holding back.  I get the feeling he fuc$&/( hated most of it and doesn't like Axl.  Whatever, it's not all golden for everyone.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »

We recently welcomed former Guns N? Roses guitarist Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal into our studio for an exclusive interview. During his visit, Bumblefoot, who is currently performing in the all-star group Metal Allegiance, discussed his exit from GN?R, revealing he knew about the reunion with classic members when he left. He also briefly commented his relationship with Axl Rose. Though Bumblefoot?s departure was revealed in summer 2015, the shredder actually left back in 2014. Fellow guitarist DJ Ashba left the band in 2015, as well.

?You reach a time when you just know it?s time to move on and that what you?ve seen for your life, what you see [for] the future of your life; it?s not what you pictured for yourself,?

Bumblefoot tells us in the video interview above. Though Bumblefoot speaks of this revelation, he also reveals he knew of Slash and Duff McKagan?s return to Guns N? Roses as the guitarist was making his leave. As for the band?s 2016 run of reunion shows, Bumblefoot admits he hasn?t attended any of the gigs, though he isn?t surprised by how solid the performances have been.

?People who play together for years, when you get back together, it?s like the next day,?

Bumblefoot says.

In the rest of our exclusive interview, Bumblefoot recalls his favorite memories from his eight years with Guns N? Roses, which all revolve around his interactions with fans. One in particular is when Bumblefoot invited a 9-year-old School of Rock student named Chloe to sing ?Catcher in the Rye? with GN?R during a sound check, helping reinvigorate her passion for music.

As for his relationship with Axl Rose, Bumblefoot was hesitant to delve to far into the subject, but he did say,

?[We] sometimes felt like friends, sometimes felt like enemies. We felt like bandmates.?

Watch Bumblefoot discuss his time in Guns N? Roses in the video above. And catch him as part of Metal Allegiance at their Aug. 11 show at Saint Vitus in Brooklyn, N.Y.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 03:20:08 PM »

Such a nice guy  Smiley 

Bumblefoot comments on the YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzSq6o03OSo) :

Bumblefoot 11 hours ago (edited)
Hey all, for the sake of accuracy - I let the band members & crew know I was leaving on March 1, 2014, soon as we met for the first rehearsal for the tours.  I offered to help with finding my own replacement, offered suggestions and to train whoever it would be so they'd be 'show ready', and finished all booked shows.  During the tours I started hearing rumblings about the 2016 plans (from crew/other)   Hope this clarifies the timeline a bit, thanks  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:23:33 PM by Lara » Logged
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 05:15:04 PM »

Such a nice guy  Smiley 

Bumblefoot comments on the YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzSq6o03OSo) :

Bumblefoot 11 hours ago (edited)
Hey all, for the sake of accuracy - I let the band members & crew know I was leaving on March 1, 2014, soon as we met for the first rehearsal for the tours.  I offered to help with finding my own replacement, offered suggestions and to train whoever it would be so they'd be 'show ready', and finished all booked shows.  During the tours I started hearing rumblings about the 2016 plans (from crew/other)   Hope this clarifies the timeline a bit, thanks  Smiley

So Bumblefoot himself has answered our questions and confirmed our theory. 2014 was the year Axl and Slash started the process of making peace with each other.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:17:12 PM by Factory Girl » Logged
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 07:01:12 PM »

I'm sorry but I found that video painful to watch. Hes clearly trying to take the high road but giving the anti axl dog whistle at the same time.  I think the cryptic nature comes from the fact that he doesnt kmow what hes going to say until hes said it. 
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 08:12:28 PM »

This should be moved to Ex Members forum...Bumble is part of the past! Thanks for all the hard work and good luck!  ok

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 08:16:40 PM »

This should be moved to Ex Members forum...Bumble is part of the past! Thanks for all the hard work and good luck!  ok

But the story is also about the first rumblings that a reunion was about to take place. When that happened is the interesting story here.

Sweetness is a virtue
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »

Looking back on it now,I guess by the time Duff played in those South American dates it was bound to happen.
Maybe even further back,when Duff's Loaded supported Guns in Seattle.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 09:39:52 PM »

Looking back on it now,I guess by the time Duff played in those South American dates it was bound to happen.

I remember that Duff says in his book "How to be a Man" that when they played together in South America, he and Axl had a great conversation, just the two of them. And now Bumblefoot says that he started to hear about a reunion on that same tour. Interesting...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 08:59:08 AM »

I remember that Duff says in his book "How to be a Man" that when they played together in South America, he and Axl had a great conversation, just the two of them. And now Bumblefoot says that he started to hear about a reunion on that same tour. Interesting...
Indeed. They really should do an interview explaining how it all begins. It is a interesting story. Nobody thought they would regroup and even if you bet on it, nobody would have thought that it would be went so good. Even smoothly.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 04:11:29 PM »

So the question is when did Axl and Slash agreed to talk?

Axl stated on that China video recently that he and Slash had not spoken for 19 years before finally speaking again.  That makes it 2015 when the reconciliatory meetings between Axl and Slash had to have taken place, since we know it was 1996 when Slash and Axl last spoke.

That would make sense because it was last summer (2015) when Slash gave that interview where the interviewer said to Slash, "so you and Axl are friends again!", and Slash said that he and Axl dispelled some of the old negativity.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 04:19:55 PM by Bridge » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: