Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:56:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N Roses call Izzy "family" and deny ordering a fan's sign to be destroyed
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses call Izzy "family" and deny ordering a fan's sign to be destroyed  (Read 16382 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 11:50:45 AM »

Axl obviously found it funny . IF that was the only time she held it up I don't think it's a big deal.

If you think people hold up their signs just once, then I got a bridge to sell. Wink

/jarmo

So the big "JARMO RULES" sign I was bringing to Metlife is probably not a good idea?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 12:20:07 PM »

Which bridge?  Smiley

Yeah, who cares about a pony Huh
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 01:44:31 PM »

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-13/guns-n-roses-where-s-izzy-fan-responds-after-band-deny-sign-claims

Further comments from the woman in question....

The Guns N' Roses fan who says her Where's Izzy sign was destroyed by security at the band's Nashville show has hit back after a representative for the group denied they'd made the call.

Caroline Campos purchased VIP tickets for her and her husband and traveled seven hours each way from Virginia to Tennessee's Nissan Stadium for the gig on July 9.

She said frontman Axl Rose laughed when he saw the sign about former GNR guitarist Izzy Stradlin ? similar to one featured in the video for Don't Cry ? before a security guard confiscated it and ripped it up.

A band representative told Ultimate Guitar: "GNR would never make this request. Izzy is family."

But Campos now tells TeamRock the sign was removed by Fernando Lebeis, a member of Axl Rose's management company Team Brazil and son of the singer's longtime personal assistant Beta.

She says: "I saw that the band commented they had nothing to do with my sign being removed. While it's totally possible they had nothing to do with it directly, someone sent me a message that it was 'probably Fernando.'

"I Googled 'Fernando Lebeis' and immediately recognised him. I don't want anything out of this except to tell the story of a disappointed fan and to say I am not lying.  I have no reason to."

Lebeis previously courted controversy when he was filmed pushing away a fan's phone as he tried to take a selfie with Rose at a Q&A in London last month. A video of that incident can be viewed below.

Lebeis was also forced to deny allegations that he was instructed to ban merchandise featuring then former guitarist Slash at GNR's Winnipeg show in 2010.  An upset teenage fan faced a similar reprimand for his Slash t-shirt at the band's London O2 Academy show in 2012 ? with a witness claiming security were "told by management" to ask gig-goers to remove offending items and eject the fans if they refused.

Campos says she's faced backlash from Guns N' Roses fans since the incident, but insists her sign was simply a tribute to her favourite GNR video, Don't Cry ? and not a swipe at current rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus.

She adds: "I do want to try to convey that the sign wasn't meant to be rude or malicious to the band, especially Richard Fortus.

"Asking 'Where's Izzy' is not meant to insult Fortus any more than cheering for drummer Steven Adler would convey anything negative about Frank Ferrer.  I made the sign as a tribute to the Don't Cry video, where the 'Where's Izzy' sign is featured for a split second.

"It's my favourite GNR video and I tried to recreate the sign exactly.  I'm not sure how anyone could take it to mean anything negative about the band.

"My husband and I paid a lot of money and drove a long way to see the band. I'm just so disappointed it happened. But I thought they all put on a great show, including Fortus."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:47:05 PM by Bridge » Logged
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2016, 02:01:37 PM »

Any sign that blocks my view of a concert I paid to see, even during breaks, is welcomed to be taken away and thrown in the trash. Ha.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2016, 02:08:57 PM »

Gotta love how she's full of herself... She didnt think it was bad for other people to block their view of stage during the breaks. She didnt think other people would take the sign as nothing more than a homage to the Don't Cry video. She think nobody else paid "a lot of money" and drove a long way.

Anyways, I think she had her share of attention already. Lets move on.

dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2016, 02:18:38 PM »

The fact that Fernando himself took the sign that's pretty close to the band themselves taking the sign. Anyway whatever this shit's like 25 years old...

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2016, 02:44:15 PM »

The fact that Fernando himself took the sign that's pretty close to the band themselves taking the sign. Anyway whatever this shit's like 25 years old...

You're assuming he did...

The person making the claim has no idea who he is. Be careful what you believe....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 03:44:04 PM »

This is my personal experience. I was in RIR 2001. And I think we all know there was an incident there with some guy carrying a sign or a shirt about Slash. I didn't notice anything until I heard Axl calling security. To be honest  at that moment I didn't know what was going on neither the people around me. I thought maybe a brawl was happening. Later I found out what took place. I was not looking at the audience neither looking at signs or shirts. I was enjoying the show.

What I mean is I don't think the audience is concerned about signs, shirts or whatever. Maybe it is better to ignore. Look what is happening now. This stupid chick is getting her 15 minutes, everyone talking about her. Just keep calm and carry on

On a more positive note about signs. In another show I think in Cincy or Kansas City there was another girl with a sign. But that sign was just her asking Axl to marry her. I don't know if that sign was taken away from her. For better or for worst people like to carry signs, banners, shirts. We see  it at sports events as well, don't we? Signs are there and they won't go away.

I never carry a sing nor I will. But some people like to do it
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 04:00:52 PM »

IMHO, RIR 2001 was a whole 'nother ballgame and mindset with the CD-era just beginning.
Not making excuses.  Only another perspective.

So this Where's Izzy sign girl wants us to believe that with 40K+ cellphones in the house yet no one filmed her sign being taken away and ripped up??

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 06:12:21 PM »

So this Where's Izzy sign girl wants us to believe that with 40K+ cellphones in the house yet no one filmed her sign being taken away and ripped up??

Hahahahaha

Great point.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 03:06:25 PM »

Hahahahaha

Great point.

I said that earlier in the thread..... I checked out all the youtube videos featuring "November Rain" (when she said it happened) and I didn't see this alleged swarm of security and crew that purportedly assailed her sign.
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 02:43:42 PM »

Where is Izz.. Ups Jarmo nowdays?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: