Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:10:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227785 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Behind the scenes with Tour Manager "Opie"
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Behind the scenes with Tour Manager "Opie"  (Read 15352 times)
echeguns
Headliner

Never too old to rock n roll!

« on: July 26, 2016, 08:31:11 PM »

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F971theriver%2Fvideos%2F10154374883004108%2F&show_text=0&width=400" width="400" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>I'm

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:37:21 PM by echeguns » Logged

Atlanta 1988
Atlanta 1989
San Francisco 2010
Greenville 2011
Las Vegas 2014
Atlanta 2016
Miami 2017
New York 2017
Austin 2019
Lexington KY 2023
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »

Any problems seeing video? Just want to make sure it can be scene.

No problem seeing the video.

Thanks for posting the link.  That was very cool and interesting.   ok

(..... and long.  I didn't watch the entire thing.  Hope there wasn't a surprise ending.)

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 09:23:45 PM »

Pretty cool thanks for posting. The chick from the radio station at the end was pretty dumb tho. You would think she would have at least known that Dizzy has been in the band for years (she said he was back in the lineup) lol other than that pretty cool insight into the production of the show.
echeguns
Headliner

Never too old to rock n roll!

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:47:39 AM »

http://music.blog.ajc.com/2016/07/27/guns-n-roses-a-first-look-at-georgia-dome-stage-and-a-glimpse-backstage/

Shorter clips of Opie talking about the show and The band.

This is the guy that got Axl and ACDC together, tour managed UYI and has know band since 1990!  Bet he has some stories!!

Atlanta 1988
Atlanta 1989
San Francisco 2010
Greenville 2011
Las Vegas 2014
Atlanta 2016
Miami 2017
New York 2017
Austin 2019
Lexington KY 2023
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 11:41:32 AM »

Douche reporter saying Axl broke his pinky toe!  Opie sounds like a great dude. What a life!  Amazing what the crew does to put this show together!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 12:53:45 PM »

I didn't watch it, but this is from Blabbermouth....

GUNS N' ROSES' production magager Dale "Opie" Skjerseth says that "there's no end date" to the band's "Not In This Lifetime" reunion tour, with "plenty" of shows already booked for "far into next year."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-reunion-tour-does-not-have-an-end-date-says-production-manager/#6PSGAgWpe0PMyyMf.99

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 12:54:47 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES' production magager Dale "Opie" Skjerseth says that "there's no end date" to the band's "Not In This Lifetime" reunion tour, with "plenty" of shows already booked for "far into next year."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-reunion-tour-does-not-have-an-end-date-says-production-manager/#6PSGAgWpe0PMyyMf.99

I think, if you're hoping for an EU tour...your hopes were just given a pretty big boost. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 01:11:42 PM »

I think, if you're hoping for an EU tour...your hopes were just given a pretty big boost. Wink

For the Atlanta Studio time concpiracy theorists, there is a little exchange with Opie and a Reporter about where they are going to be that night in Atlanta, Opie brushes off the question saying they should be at the hotel like him resting up for the show, then the reporter says something like 'well we heard a rumor about where they would be'... could be a recording studio reference, or not.
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 01:22:03 PM »

Skjerseth is a Norwegian surname, does anyone know if he's from Norway?

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »

Skjerseth is a Norwegian surname, does anyone know if he's from Norway?

He's not, but the family is.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 02:16:46 PM »

I assume they tour a good bit of 2017. Still a lot of places to hit :

- Australia
- New Zealand
- Japan
- China
- all of Europe

Assuming the logical downtime breather between some of these legs, that should be most of next year.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 02:26:08 PM »

- Australia
- New Zealand
- Japan
- China
- all of Europe

Assuming the logical downtime breather between some of these legs, that should be most of next year.

I agree.

But wasn't there talk that Slash had early 2017 commitments with Miles, etc, etc, etc way back when this whole thing was announced?

Maybe they were BS (though I remember a concert ticket auction or something?), or maybe things are just going THAT well for everyone. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 02:29:47 PM »

Much as Axl can't go back to touring with a bunch of guys named Harry, can Slash go back either?

I would say no.  Unless you are going to overly just play solo stuff.

Much like I never need to hear who the hell knows who up there with Axl and try play the solos on 'Estranged' any more, I don't need some rando next to Slash trying to pull off WTTJ.

That shit was fine when thought the guys could never work together.  Now we see they can, who the hell needs that watered down crap?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 02:31:35 PM »

- Australia
- New Zealand
- Japan
- China
- all of Europe

I would think that based on seasons etc... you could very well see something that looks like the 2007 Australia, NZ, and Japan Dates or the 2013 run through Australia, Malaysia, and The Middle East which then leads in Europe and a reset in North American Arenas
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:35:45 PM by C0ma » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »

I agree.

But wasn't there talk that Slash had early 2017 commitments with Miles, etc, etc, etc way back when this whole thing was announced?

Maybe they were BS (though I remember a concert ticket auction or something?), or maybe things are just going THAT well for everyone. Smiley

There was also talk that Slash, Myles and the Conspirators would be in the studio while Axl was with AC/DC... yet it looks like Myles was in the studio during that time working on an Alter Bridge Album instead.

I think this is their full time gig for the foreseeable future... hopefully leading to some new music also.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 02:56:34 PM »

Much as Axl can't go back to touring with a bunch of guys named Harry, can Slash go back either?

I would say no.  Unless you are going to overly just play solo stuff.

Much like I never need to hear who the hell knows who up there with Axl and try play the solos on 'Estranged' any more, I don't need some rando next to Slash trying to pull off WTTJ.

That shit was fine when thought the guys could never work together.  Now we see they can, who the hell needs that watered down crap?

That's a good point, regarding Slash's future solo ventures.  I think it's within ALL of their vested interests that this works out well, both in regard to touring and certainly for the next album.  They'll all want their mark on it for sure...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 03:00:02 PM »

- Australia
- New Zealand
- Japan
- China
- all of Europe

I would think that based on seasons etc... you could very well see something that looks like the 2007 Australia, NZ, and Japan Dates or the 2013 run through Australia, Malaysia, and The Middle East which then leads in Europe and a reset in North American Arenas

I would love to see a major Canadian tour leg as well

There are major stadiums for them to play in....

I would prefer though that they play arenas, jack up the ticket price to make it work and have multiple shows in a city.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 03:08:02 PM »

- Australia
- New Zealand
- Japan
- China
- all of Europe

I would prefer though that they play arenas, jack up the ticket price to make it work and have multiple shows in a city.

I think that's doubtful, seeing how the 2010 tour was a result of his domestic touring issues with Azoff.  That said, you'll probably see a more "expansive" set of Canadian dates on the next NA tour, assuming there is one.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 03:13:45 PM »

- Australia
- New Zealand
- Japan
- China
- all of Europe

I think that's doubtful, seeing how the 2010 tour was a result of his domestic touring issues with Azoff.  That said, you'll probably see a more "expansive" set of Canadian dates on the next NA tour, assuming there is one.

I have the feeling they will do a new years leg through western Canada
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 03:29:14 PM »

Based on the success of the tour so far, and the wildly positive reviews they are getting... I am hoping that they leave a few days of downtime where ever they are in the Feb time frame to accommodate a Super Bowl Performance if they are asked. Welcome to the Jungle is played multiple times a game every game for 17 weeks plus playoffs... How do you miss the opportunity for them to do it live at half time.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: