Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:18:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 19, 2016 Foxboro, MA @ Gillette Stadium
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 19, 2016 Foxboro, MA @ Gillette Stadium  (Read 35290 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2016, 06:36:05 PM »

I think there was concern because Axl was late and that was his response...  The state police didn't even have time to search his car (they did while he was on stage)...  The band was all standing to the right waiting, Axl came in, they mic'd him up really quick and he went right out.  He didn't have time to even talk to anyone. 
Wonder if he got stuck in traffic?
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2016, 07:07:27 PM »

(and Axl made a comment about the time near the end).

I could be mistaken but I believe Axl was joking with Frank about if "the train" was on time ... the NIGHTRAIN!!!  Grin

It was obvious and clear to me that Axl was joking around with Frank about "the train being on time", waiting for the pre-song whistle.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2016, 11:16:37 PM »

Here is a local radio station review and apology:

http://www.waaf.com/blogs/mike-hsus-blog/im-sorry-guns-n-roses-64646

WAAF Blog - Mike Hsu

"You like to have me jump and be good
But I don't want to do it
You don't know why I don't act the way you think I should
You thought they'd make me behave and submit"

"Sorry"- Guns N Roses

When Guns N Roses played this last night for  only the third time with original members Slash and Duff McKagan, I was trying to figure out if Axl Rose was projecting it towards them or us.  And by us I mean the bitchy skeptics who over the past 20 years have been pining for Axl to get over himself and get the band back together.  The doubtful masses who suffered through the "Scabs N Roses" version of the band going on three hours late if at all.  The fans who were continually fed a steady stream of "never", "No comment", and "not in this lifetime".

When I heard that Slash and Axl had made nice and were being coaxed out of their hole, ever so delicately, like Punxsutawney Phil on February 2, I took it in with a grain of salt.  The mix of ego and animosity, to me, would make that train derail once somebody looked at someone the wrong way.  But much like the Trump campaign, at first I laughed, then I wondered, and then the overriding emotion was disbelief.  Especially after Axl taking on the impossible gig of filling in for Brian Johnson in ACDC and kicking ass.  It seemed to only make him stronger.

It never mattered how much we moaned about it.  The guys were going to make it happen when THEY were ready.  After seeing their show at Gillette Stadium last night, they were more than ready.

They were on a f***ing mission!  AND ON TIME!

My biggest doubt was with Axl and his voice.  I was embarrassingly wrong.  From the menacing proclamation of opener "It's So Easy" to the grand pyro filled finale of "Paradise City" Rose's voice easily wrangled the entire spectrum.  His scream during the intro to "Welcome To The Jungle" made the hair on the back of my neck stand up as well as frighten away any wildlife in a 20 mile radius of the area.  He tore up scorchers like "Out Ta Get Me" and "Nightrain" to the vocal gymnastics involved in "Better" and "You Could Be Mine".  Any doubters were laid to waste.

Slash's fingers moved like a tarantula on meth up and down the fretboards of his many guitars.  Feeling out the groove for the right notes which came fast and furious and slow and easy when needed.  His reading of "Speak Softly Love(Love Theme From The Godfather)" was sadly sweet and the segue into "Sweet Child Of Mine" was seamless. 

My GNR rule has always been, "Anything over seven minutes sucks".  But I have to admit,  the epic "November Rain" was incredibly powerful especially with the instrumental second half of Derek And The Domino's "Layla" as an intro and reference point.  There were many acknowledgements to the classics during the show with covers of "The Seeker" by The Who, a touch of "Voodoo Chile" by Jimi Hendrix at the end of "Civil War", the instrumental take on "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, and the little acoustic jam of "Angie" by the Rolling Stones before going into "Patience". Bassist Duff McKagan also got some spotlight time with his cover of The Damned's "New Rose". 

I was amazed.  It was a phenomenal show.  Their mission was accomplished.  They spent two and a half hours telling bitches like me to shut the f**k up.  I'm sorry Guns N Roses.  I was wrong.  I am very happy to admit that.

Kick Ass

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2016, 02:46:04 PM »

Here are a few pictures from Night 1 in Foxboro:

Crowd Shot:

Where's Waldo Jarmo:

It's So Easy (video): Quality is iffy, I wasn't focused on recording the show.

https://youtu.be/pTStHfOanB0

Edit: Work is not cooperating with me uploading and linking pictures, I'll fix it later.

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2016, 11:05:33 PM »

Excellent review to by the way COma.
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2016, 12:15:56 AM »

Uploaded Coma from 7/19. Forgot I had it
https://youtu.be/EcCosvEQelk

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2016, 10:16:46 AM »

Just saw this review made by The Projo... From last month but it's pretty good

http://m.providencejournal.com/news/20160720/review-guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction-unabated-at-gillette

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2016, 10:36:43 PM »

Not to bring this up again, but I find it interesting they cherry pick who to bless with a precious 15 extra minutes.

http://patch.com/massachusetts/foxborough/bruce-springsteen-gets-ok-longer-gillette-stadium-show?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=arts+%26+entertainment&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=aol

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2016, 12:02:42 AM »

And its a weekday. There goes their argument for disallowing GNR the extra time. They're probably just a bunch of old pricks anyway.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2016, 08:23:51 AM »

Clear case of "Profiling"...the dreaded word associated with racism and bigotry thanks to decades of misuse by our liberal media. You see, Springsteen fans generally tend to be older, calmer, and less likely to cause problems based on his touring history. You can bet your bottom dollar if it was Streisand,  they'd give her till 2am - not that anyone would make it past 6pm...you can also guarrantee that a hip-hop act is not only going to be refused an extension, but will probably have additional restrictions on liquor sales, etc.

For someone who is (probably...oops im profiling) not a fan, if you step back and look at the whole GnR picture, a reasonable person is likely to be cautious when granting anything to "the most dangerous band in the world"

Even as a raging fan, myself, I was actually surprised this US tour went off almost problem free!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »

Clear case of "Profiling"...the dreaded word associated with racism and bigotry thanks to decades of misuse by our liberal media. You see, Springsteen fans generally tend to be older, calmer, and less likely to cause problems based on his touring history. You can bet your bottom dollar if it was Streisand,  they'd give her till 2am - not that anyone would make it past 6pm...you can also guarrantee that a hip-hop act is not only going to be refused an extension, but will probably have additional restrictions on liquor sales, etc.

For someone who is (probably...oops im profiling) not a fan, if you step back and look at the whole GnR picture, a reasonable person is likely to be cautious when granting anything to "the most dangerous band in the world"

Even as a raging fan, myself, I was actually surprised this US tour went off almost problem free!

LOL, "liberal media". What a great way to make sure nobody takes your opinions seriously.

And profiling based on age is still bigotry.  Wink

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2016, 06:50:10 AM »

LOL, "liberal media". What a great way to make sure nobody takes your opinions seriously.

And profiling based on age is still bigotry.  Wink
I'm not sure if you're trolling of trying to reinforce my opinion that nobody takes seriously - but your linking of 'profiling' and 'bigotry' are exactly the misuse I was pointing out.  Whatever word you use, stereotyping, assumptions based on past performance...etc...clearly the Foxboro town council is using a formula to determine - in their eyes - the likelihood of problems from a particular group...that would be forecasting...but I intentionally misused the word 'profiling' and pointed same out. 'Profiling' is a technique that allows you to better narrow down a search for a suspect - an overweight 40-50 yr old male with light skin is a 'profile' which helps you eliminate the 19 yr old, the woman, etc from consideration in an investigation. The misused term has been linked to forecasting, or predicting the likelihood of someone committing a crime based on the profile of others who have committed crimes, because the profile is part of that equation, ie: assuming a young white male in an expensive car stopping in a predominantly poor black neighborhood is buying drugs..  Or more appropriately: assuming guns n roses fans will trash your town if the concert runs 20 minutes long.
Yes, in the misused sense, it can be well within the definition of bigotry.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2016, 09:20:47 PM »

I had to check twice if this was a picture from the UYI tour or not.. lol

is from the rapidfire tour Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: