Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:25:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Not in this lifetime tour boxscore-Pretty impresive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not in this lifetime tour boxscore-Pretty impresive  (Read 24854 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 12:17:26 PM »

Not sure why some of those numbers seem off to you.  You have to remember that because of stage set ups you lose all of the seats behind the stage.  Sure the pit and floor seats gain some of those back, but not the full seating.

Regardless according to those figures it seems like the East Rutherford shows were 1 ticket away from a double sell out  hihi
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 01:54:17 PM »

Not sure why some of those numbers seem off to you.  You have to remember that because of stage set ups you lose all of the seats behind the stage.  Sure the pit and floor seats gain some of those back, but not the full seating.

Regardless according to those figures it seems like the East Rutherford shows were 1 ticket away from a double sell out  hihi

This is from 2014 for a concert at Gillette Stadium:

Luke Bryan broke the attendance record for a single-day country music concert at Gillette Stadium near Boston on Sunday night (Aug. 10) with more than 60,000 fans in attendance. Special guest Dierks Bentley and That?s My Kind of Night tour openers Lee Brice and Cole Swindell were also part of the lineup.

This was an end stage show with the seats behind the stage unsold. The first night at Gillette was packed, the second night they closed the third deck... so that means if the numbers are correct then on night one they would have sold ~15k less tickets than Luke Bryan and came in the second night at ~20K seats (which is much more than the upper deck being open. In two nights GnR did only 5k more than Luke Bryan did in one night?

I was at that Luke Bryan show with my wife, and was at Night One at Gillette... there weren't 15-20k less people there that night.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 09:40:29 PM »

Just did a rough calculation and assumed they'll do around 20 shows in Europe next year. Going by the average show revenue they will be at about $330 million total after an Euro leg next year. At that point the tour will be #9 on the all-time highest grossing tours list (with the lowest amount of shows in the top 10).

But if they continue the tour... well.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 08:02:56 AM »

Luke Bryan broke the attendance record for a single-day country music concert at Gillette Stadium near Boston on Sunday night (Aug. 10) with more than 60,000 fans in attendance. Special guest Dierks Bentley and That?s My Kind of Night tour openers Lee Brice and Cole Swindell were also part of the lineup.

This was an end stage show with the seats behind the stage unsold. The first night at Gillette was packed, the second night they closed the third deck... so that means if the numbers are correct then on night one they would have sold ~15k less tickets than Luke Bryan and came in the second night at ~20K seats (which is much more than the upper deck being open. In two nights GnR did only 5k more than Luke Bryan did in one night?

I was at that Luke Bryan show with my wife, and was at Night One at Gillette... there weren't 15-20k less people there that night.
Yep at my show at AT&T stadium. That stadium holds 80k for football. There's no way in hell there were 40k empty seats that night. From where i was sitting i was able to see every seat except directly below us. No way did the empty seats in the upper 400s equal 40k. In the 300s and lower there were only a few rows here in there empty. Whoever did these numbers for some of the shows needs to retake basic math.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 09:35:08 AM »

Yep at my show at AT&T stadium. That stadium holds 80k for football. There's no way in hell there were 40k empty seats that night. From where i was sitting i was able to see every seat except directly below us. No way did the empty seats in the upper 400s equal 40k. In the 300s and lower there were only a few rows here in there empty. Whoever did these numbers for some of the shows needs to retake basic math.

It does seem strange for a promoter to under-report numbers. If anything, it makes more "sense" to over-report, to make something seem more successful.

Sweetness is a virtue
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 10:57:18 AM »

It does seem strange for a promoter to under-report numbers. If anything, it makes more "sense" to over-report, to make something seem more successful.
Where are those numbers from though? As others have stated, some seem pretty far off. They don't look official to me. Or they need to reevaluate how they formulate these numbers, because I'd contest quite a few of them. Some may be too low, others may be too high. Bottom line, I don't believe these are official numbers.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2016, 12:18:03 PM »

Very impressive for sure!!    beer peace

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2016, 01:14:13 PM »

Where are those numbers from though? As others have stated, some seem pretty far off. They don't look official to me. Or they need to reevaluate how they formulate these numbers, because I'd contest quite a few of them. Some may be too low, others may be too high. Bottom line, I don't believe these are official numbers.

Maybe the thread starter could jump in and clarify the source of the numbers?

bolton?

Sweetness is a virtue
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2016, 08:52:53 PM »

Hard to believe they are true when one of the reviews of my show had a picture of the crowd with a caption below saying there were about 60k at AT&T stadium.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2016, 10:26:12 PM »

I agree with Tim. I was at the Arlington show and was on the floor. I looked up and around many times and I saw full sections. There were a few scattered empty seats in the 400 level but basically the rest of the stadium was full. If you assume that capacity was 60,000 there had to be at least 55,000 people at the concert. There is no way in hell that there were 20,000 empty seats. No way.

You would think that coming up with correct numbers would be easy. You count how many tickets were sold. But I guess not.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2016, 11:18:11 PM »

This is the "source":

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/216306-not-in-this-lifetime-tour-will-be-one-of-top-grossing-tour-ever/#comment-4257591
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2016, 12:00:45 AM »

I agree with Tim. I was at the Arlington show and was on the floor. I looked up and around many times and I saw full sections. There were a few scattered empty seats in the 400 level but basically the rest of the stadium was full. If you assume that capacity was 60,000 there had to be at least 55,000 people at the concert. There is no way in hell that there were 20,000 empty seats. No way.

You would think that coming up with correct numbers would be easy. You count how many tickets were sold. But I guess not.
Yep, i mean there were a few in the upper most 400s on the side not entirely full. The rest of the stadium? Very few empty seats. At most a row or two here and there. I don't know how many seats were in the sections that weren't sold. Most of hose were 400s. I was surprised some of those weren't sold. From where i was it looked like they could've sold a few more in the 400s on the side without the view being obstructed. Like you said though, there's no way the number of empty seats were anywhere close to 20,000. Including seats that weren't even available for sale.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2016, 06:29:37 AM »

The OP, in that thread, says he got it from a friend (which, to me, means NOT official) and acknowledges it could be crap.

So....there you go.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2016, 07:11:31 AM »

Until I see these numbers on some kind of official web site, such as Billboard, I consider them work of fiction.

Apologies to anyone who might feel personally insulted by that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2016, 07:58:52 AM »

The OP, in that thread, says he got it from a friend (which, to me, means NOT official) and acknowledges it could be crap.

So....there you go.

OK, so what's the expectation then?

I guess I'm wondering why so quick to downplay what appears to be pretty solid numbers.  Venues at 95% capacity and a $132 million take.  That's pretty awesome.

I would expect this sort of skepticism around here if the numbers were bad.  Much for the same reason we were always advised to distrust any video clip where Axl sounded bad.

Are we suggesting these numbers are underreporting the situation?  If these are "fiction" from a guy that knows a guy, wouldn't a GNR superfan lean more towards exaggerating towards the positive?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2016, 08:27:00 AM »

So....there you go.

OK, so what's the expectation then?

I guess I'm wondering why so quick to downplay what appears to be pretty solid numbers.  Venues at 95% capacity and a $132 million take.  That's pretty awesome.

I would expect this sort of skepticism around here if the numbers were bad.  Much for the same reason we were always advised to distrust any video clip where Axl sounded bad.

Are we suggesting these numbers are underreporting the situation?  If these are "fiction" from a guy that knows a guy, wouldn't a GNR superfan lean more towards exaggerating towards the positive?

Because right is right, truth is truth, and wrong is wrong, fiction is fiction. And this is where (at least for me) your narrative of "that only applies when things are bad" goes off the rails. Wink

It's really as simple as that.  It's not about over or under reporting, here.  It's just about accuracy.  And there are numbers in that list that flat out don't make sense, don't jive with what people saw, or don't jive with previous reporting. So until we see them "officially" released, it's hard to actually form any conclusions.  Maybe they're dead on accurate, in terms of official numbers, and there's just some typos in there.

If you're asking me what the motivation would be to "make up" a set of numbers...I have no idea.  Attention? Trolling? Or maybe the FOF just got bad intel? I mean, those are just some of the possibilities.

And if you're asking why, if they're made up, why aren't they more glowing? Maybe just to appear more grounded in reality so everyone didn't, at first glance, go "no fucking way"?

They might be in the ballpark, even (I actually suspect they are).  Who knows.  But given the discrepancies and obvious "issues", I'm with jarmo.  Until someone official publishes them, I remain a skeptic. There's just too many things in there that don't look right.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:29:55 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2016, 09:34:47 AM »

Guns N' Roses
07/14/16
Lincoln Financial Field
Philadelphia, PA
Live Nation
Wolfmother
100%
$49 - $254
$4,883,474

Philly was not 100%. It was close, probably about 1,000 to 2,000 shy of 100%.

I know one thing, God, Satan, Buddha, or whomever your God is, & Mother Earth LOVE GNR. It did not rain during any of the US shows. That is divine intervention!!

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2016, 09:42:18 AM »

So I know a lot of tickets were still for sale on resale sites, etc, for most shows.

So when you people are saying, "I was at a show and I say some empty seats, blah blah"

Doesn't mean they were not bought and paid for.  They could of easily of been and just sitting on the resale market
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2016, 09:58:29 AM »

that is true Bacon....

As for the numbers, you would have to have a pretty active imagination to come up with that list. However, I agree that until I see it on Billboard or Pollstar, I can't buy all the way in.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2016, 10:05:46 AM »

that is true Bacon....

As for the numbers, you would have to have a pretty active imagination to come up with that list. However, I agree that until I see it on Billboard or Pollstar, I can't buy all the way in.

C'mon..we've seen much more "interesting" and "creative" things over the years here, from fans. Weird web sites, haunted fax machines, altered photos, "Axl's" favorite pillows (Love you Coy, still in my play list!), outright FAKE "leaks" from CD, fake CD cover art passed off as real, various eccentric "insiders"..the list goes on. On the scale of crazy...."stuff"...that we've seen here, made up numbers (and I'm not saying they are, just saying IF they were) wouldn't even crack the top 5.  Maybe not even the top 10. Wink

Together again,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: