Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 02:26:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Not in this lifetime tour boxscore-Pretty impresive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not in this lifetime tour boxscore-Pretty impresive  (Read 24911 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2016, 10:10:22 AM »

They sold 1,057,693 tickets for a total revenue of $116,835,698.  They were 95 (94.66)% sold out for the entire tour.

Average ticket price for the whole tour was about $110 (not too shabby, IMHO).

Killer numbers, indeed!! Smiley

By comparison, the UYI Guns/Metallica/FNM tour sold a total of 1,109,881 tickets and was 95.86% sold out (for a grand total of $29,263,142 in gross revenue)....and they did 24 total NA shows, according to the "boxscore" I can find. Smiley

And to add more context to the Gillette number being off...max capacity of the old foxboro was listed as 51,038.  I can't believe the current Gillette is 15k LESS than that.

Edit: Fixed math mistake for UYI.

Edit2: What's super depressing is seeing the average ticket price in '92, which was about $27, in comparison to todays, of about $110. Smiley

I wonder what the average age of a concert goer at a gnr concert in 92 was, compared to 2016....   

Very very huge numbers
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2016, 10:14:48 AM »

2006 was 8730 according to Pollstar...about the same
Surprised 2006 was actually slightly more than 2002. Fueled by the leaks I guess.

2006, was fueled by a hot Canadian market

2002, GNR only played once Canadian show that I recal
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2016, 07:58:07 PM »

2006 was 8730 according to Pollstar...about the same
Surprised 2006 was actually slightly more than 2002. Fueled by the leaks I guess.

2006, was fueled by a hot Canadian market

2002, GNR only played once Canadian show that I recal

Vancouver was cancelled, they actually played shows in Toronto and London.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2016, 08:22:46 PM »

Can't help but see figures like that and think, really, why would they bother making a new album?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2016, 08:35:15 PM »

Can't help but see figures like that and think, really, why would they bother making a new album?

When an act is as hot as this.  Most out our new music because it's easy money usually.

I give guns credit for not treating new music like just another tshirt they have for sale

If they did relase something now though. It would sell big.   I havnt heard guns played here in Canada so much on the radio in a very long time.   They are hot
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2016, 10:46:10 PM »

When an act is as hot as this.  Most out our new music because it's easy money usually.

I give guns credit for not treating new music like just another tshirt they have for sale

If they did relase something now though. It would sell big.   I havnt heard guns played here in Canada so much on the radio in a very long time.   They are hot

They're played constantly in southern Ontario but it may depend where in the country you are
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2016, 10:58:59 PM »

They're played constantly in southern Ontario but it may depend where in the country you are

GNR gets played all the time in Saskatoon and Regina on each city's rock stations.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2016, 08:27:30 AM »

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7503431/guns-n-roses-tour-117-million-bruce-springsteen

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2016, 08:56:21 AM »

sweet....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2016, 03:49:58 PM »

So with SA dates it will be more than 200 millions...This score is without LV and Mexico dates,?
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2016, 11:10:49 PM »

yes....it seems to be just the NITLT...

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2016, 09:12:01 PM »

Not sure.. using the Mexico ticket-prices as a template (I haven't checked the actual prices for the SA tour), I think they will be at a total around $175 million after the Latin American leg. (between $40 and $45 million for the shows).

Then, using gross numbers from the States as a template for Japan and Oceania, they'll be at around $225 million after those legs ($10 million for the Japan dates and $40 million for the Oceania dates).

If we assume a very similar to the US trek in Europe to follow, but say 20 shows, I'm thinking around $100 million there.

That amounts to $325 million and an attendance of about 3.4 millions come the same time next year.

Then, maybe a new round with "smaller" venues (arenas). If we (for the fun of it) assume a new visit to the same countries or swapping some of them with a few new ones, and a gross of about a third the shows they're doing at the moment, they could end up at around $430 million total when finishing the world tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2016, 09:48:41 PM »

The tour numbers are out of this world! So proud of GNR, this year's been a dream come true for us fans, to see our band vindicated. To see them on top of the rock n roll world. Axl has been as close to flawless as possible. He is doing everything right.

This all proves that GNR is everything we (die hard board members) have said they were and believed they were. We have the "last laugh" at all our rock friends who laughed at us or dismissed us when we never ceased to argue that GNR belong in the pantheon of all time greats with the Stones, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and AC/DC. We always argued that their extreme quality of music and cultural impact solidified their legacy and outweighed their lack of longevity and musical output. Hey, The Beatles only had a good 5 years. And Zeppelin only had a good 7 - 8 years of dominance. Great bands don't need longevity to be one of the greats. GNR had a good 6 years of rock n roll dominance and then they were gone. That is enough to forever solidify their legacy. In addition, they produced the greatest hard rock album of all time. Even Shakespeare wasn't a prolific playwright, but what he lacked in quantity he made up for in quality.

All in all, we remembered just how damn big and great they were. A ubiquitous cultural force. They owned MTV. They owned rock music from 87 - 93. They were like the high school burnouts who crashed the preppie, popular homecoming dance to be crowned King for a night and stole the show. GNR were party crashers on the bubble gum pop and hairspray rock scenes of the 80s. They had their 15 minutes of fame and crashed and burned . . . . but, like the Phoenix, resurrected themselves from their own ashes and conquered the world again.
A sleazy, straight up hard rock band selling out stadiums in 2016 . . . . just amazing. Black Sabbath, Kiss, Van Halen, AC/DC aren't even doing this. And probably can't anymore. Sorry, but Kiss and Van Halen never came close to the emotional depth of Estranged or the warmth and intimacy of November Rain. The soul of the Stones, the cultural ubiquity of the Beatles, the groove of Aerosmith, the complexity of Zeppelin, the outlaw persona of the great honky tonk country legends (Cash, Hank, Jones, Haggard, Waylon), the emotional depth of Janis Joplin, the soothing solos and production of Pink Floyd, the attitude of the Sex Pistols, the pop sensibility of Van Halen, the angst of the Ramones, the cultural impact of N.W.A., the darkness of Black Sabbath, the beer-soaked honky tonk vibe of Lynyrd Skynyrd, the anthemic, catchy riffs of ACDC. They are the capstone of classic rock-- the ultimate hybrid of rock's greats.
They are simply one of hard rock's all time greats.

I try to explain to my students and young nephews just how "big" GNR were, but it is hard to make any modern day comparisons.
No band has been this sleazy and ubiquitous. There aren't any bands to compare them to now days. GNR was dark and heavy, and they were a dominant pop cultural force. After the GNR era, rock music lost its claim on youth pop culture. GNR were as popular as Katy Perry or Kanye West, yet they had a hard rock sound. Axl was as household name as Byonce. It just won't ever be that way again. Teens and culture have forever and irrevocably moved on to hip hop, EDM, and diva pop music. Hard rock is a niche now.

The world will never see a hard rock band rise to the zenith of pop culture again. GNR were the last hard rock band to be seriously relevant on a mass cultural level.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2016, 04:56:19 AM »

Billboard changed numbers and now number is 132  millions...Probablly they added Mexico and Vegas shows...

After SA Guns will be close to 200 millions and will be in first 10 tours ever
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2016, 10:59:33 AM »

Billboard changed numbers and now number is 132  millions...Probablly they added Mexico and Vegas shows...

Do you work for Billboard?

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2016, 12:32:40 PM »

No.Why?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2016, 03:36:53 PM »

No.Why?
Because you had the numbers first. I was about to ask if you were the one who asked them to correct the numbers.

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2016, 02:04:30 AM »

No.Why?
Because you had the numbers first. I was about to ask if you were the one who asked them to correct the numbers.
I have a friend who works in music industry ,he have a great contacts in billboard and live nation....
Also He said that they excepted 5.000.000 $ per show on SA tour and that would be more than 200 millions...
He said that maybe GNR will play US again in August-Novemver 2017,and they will do mix arenas +stadiums...
He thinks that nitl tour will be bigger than Police reunion tour...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2016, 08:56:35 AM »

I have a friend who works in music industry ,he have a great contacts in billboard and live nation....
Also He said that they excepted 5.000.000 $ per show on SA tour and that would be more than 200 millions...
He said that maybe GNR will play US again in August-Novemver 2017,and they will do mix arenas +stadiums...
Thanks. Smiley

I think it makes sense to get back at US again after Europe. Not sure if they would consider a new album because of that, honestly don't know how that works...

How big was the Police reunion tour?

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2016, 10:10:30 AM »

Thanks. Smiley

I think it makes sense to get back at US again after Europe. Not sure if they would consider a new album because of that, honestly don't know how that works...

How big was the Police reunion tour?
About 400.000.000 $$...He doesn't have information about new album but he will give numbers of SA dates...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: