Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:11:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pitman and Axl falling out - Lawsuit
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pitman and Axl falling out - Lawsuit  (Read 28419 times)
sharkswithlasers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: September 13, 2016, 04:59:13 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/13/axl-rose-lawsuit-guns-n-roses-engineer-unpaid-wages/ 

Sad.  Pitman was a big part of last 2 decades.  Pitman referred to only as "loyal engineer". 

9/13/2016 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

0913_axl-rose_tmzAxl Rose and Guns N' Roses are raking in the dough these days, but Axl's way behind on paying the loyal engineer who stuck with the band in the lean years ... according to a lawsuit the guy just filed.

Axl cried poverty back in 2011 -- long before this year's hugely successful reunion tour -- and promised to pay Chris Pitman for services rendered ... down the road when he was more flush ... according to the docs.

Pitman says Axl wrote him a promissory note for the $125,000 he was owed for more than a year's worth of work. In the suit, he says that amount was supposed to be paid by Oct. 2012 -- but Axl never bucked up, and he's been radio silent ever since.

It's interesting, GNR has reportedly grossed more than $100 million already off its reunion -- so, you gotta figure Pitman ain't gonna buy the poor Axl routine now.

He says Axl now owes him more than $163k, due to interest.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 05:29:19 PM »

I really want to know what went on here
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 05:41:30 PM »

Why?

How does that change anything for us as fans?

It's entirely possible that there will be a settlement with a NDA signed and we'll never know.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 06:32:55 PM »

Unfortunate, but not the first time Axl gets sued. Remember the Riad lawsuit?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 07:06:17 PM »

Hum, so he stayed with the band after 2012 even tho Axl owed him money? How does that works?

Anyways, I think this could easily be settled down off the court. Not that much money in the context.

Remember the Riad lawsuit?
Yep. The song is still in its full on Chinese Democracy (like digital copies and stuff) and has no mention of the other guys who did that intro as far as I know.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 07:07:36 PM »

Unfortunate, but not the first time Axl gets sued. Remember the Riad lawsuit?

/jarmo

For those who don't remember, here's the thread:
GNR sued for plagiarism
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=57776.msg1205883#msg1205883

http://www.mtv.com/news/1623293/guns-n-roses-vigorously-contest-plagiarism-lawsuit/
Quote from: Azoff
According to Azoff, the snippets of ambient noise that open the song "Riad N' the Bedouins" ? which the $1 million lawsuit claims are taken without permission from Schnauss' compositions "Wherever You Are" and "A Strangely Isolated Place" ? were "provided by a member of the album's production team who has assured us that these few seconds of sound were obtained legitimately."

lol

If Chris Pitman did that I guess he will have to work pro bono on the next tour  hihi rofl

It sounds strictly the same to me...
So if Chris cost GNR a million for plagiarizing part of Riah but they do actually still owe him the $163K for engineering duties or whatever then by my calculation, Chris owes GNR $837K. 

Hey Chris, Axl will take a cashier check.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 07:15:40 PM »

Axl should sue Pitman for being useless during his tenure as a "member" of GNR

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 07:16:22 PM »

And he was all bitter about not being included in the reunion.  So this sounds like a cheap money grab

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 07:19:37 PM »

And he was all bitter about not being included in the reunion.  So this sounds like a cheap money grab
Maybe he was bitter about not getting more money despite the bigger payday from Slash & Duff coming back?

Either way, he bitched about it publicly, then was let go.  Not a smart move as he lost out on a steady paycheck for the next couple of years.

Ali
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 08:27:06 PM »

Why?

It's entirely possible that there will be a settlement with a NDA signed and we'll never know.

Ali

What dos changing anything have to do with anything ?

I want to know why he left/got fired.  I want to hear more about why He says Axl owes him money.  I want to know more about went on behind the scenes for the past 10 years.  I want to har stories about the receding of the album CD

There was zero mention why chore isn't in the band any more.  Then we get someone replacing him

What about all those stupid ghost pictures from the recording studios last year?

Nothing has to change to find out more info from your fav band

Why are you painting here?  It doesn't change anything?

Why do fans call into talk shows to talk about there fav sports teams?   It doesn't change anything?? 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 08:28:37 PM »

Maybe he was bitter about not getting more money despite the bigger payday from Slash & Duff coming back?

Either way, he bitched about it publicly, then was let go.  Not a smart move as he lost out on a steady paycheck for the next couple of years.

Ali

Perhaps he is actually owed money.....   He did say he has a promissory note from Axl.  That's pretty cut and dry.  Either he has a note and is owed money.  Or he doesn't
Ali
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 08:56:06 PM »

Why?

Ali

I want to know why he left/got fired.  I want to hear more about why He says Axl owes him money.  I want to know more about went on behind the scenes for the past 10 years.  I want to har stories about the receding of the album CD

There was zero mention why chore isn't in the band any more.  Then we get someone replacing him

What about all those stupid ghost pictures from the recording studios last year?

Why do fans call into talk shows to talk about there fav sports teams?   It doesn't change anything?? 
Posting here and wanting to know details about the inner workings and business affairs of the band are not the same thing.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »

Ali

Perhaps he is actually owed money.....   He did say he has a promissory note from Axl.  That's pretty cut and dry.  Either he has a note and is owed money.  Or he doesn't
Never brought up the issue of whether or not he is actually owed money. Although, if he is actually the one who opened the band up to the Riad lawsuit, the situation may not be as cut and dry as you suggested. The interesting thing to me is the timing. Coincidentally, right after the Billboard Box Scores come out.

Ali
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 09:51:59 PM »

The interesting thing to me is the timing. Coincidentally, right after the Billboard Box Scores come out.
We don't know when was the lawsuit filled. But yeah, probably not coincidetally. Tongue

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 11:16:26 PM »

Why?

Ali

Posting here and wanting to know details about the inner workings and business affairs of the band are not the same thing.

Ali

Thebaconman man is right and makes excellent points.  Why not discuss inner workings and business?
Beats talking about the ac/dc tour Ali.
Baconman raises some great questions.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 12:56:01 AM »

Why?

Ali

Ali

Thebaconman man is right and makes excellent points.  Why not discuss inner workings and business?
Because it's not why any of us became fans to begin with. Because wanting to know something isn't the same as being entitled to know it.

Ali

dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 01:38:35 AM »

Whatever Ali....honestley dude Iv heard that for so fuckin long." feeling entiltled" to blah blah blah....sorry bud if you sign to a major label then dont be surprised if your fans want to know all about your band and the gossip that surrounds it. What does talking about the questions baconman brought up have to do with feeling entitled to anything? I dont get what your upset about such a reasonable and logical curiosity on this area of GnR?
I bet if GnR announced a new album then this thread would die real fast, so until theres something else worth disussing, i see no prob in talking about such gossip...n neither should you.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:44:20 AM by dont_damn_me » Logged
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 01:49:57 AM »

Why?

Ali

Ali

Because it's not why any of us became fans to begin with. Because wanting to know something isn't the same as being entitled to know it.

Ali

We became fans to begin with because we loved the music and supported he band thru thick n thin....not our choice we're discussing Pitman getting ripped off instead of a new song or album!!
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 02:49:36 AM »

Would Axl seriously need to write an IOU??

Obviously he's making more money now- but did he really fall on hard times??
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 03:45:13 AM »

Chinese Democracy Wiki leaks- the Chris Pitman story!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: