Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:20:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pitman and Axl falling out - Lawsuit
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pitman and Axl falling out - Lawsuit  (Read 28432 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2016, 05:53:02 PM »

This could have bad results for those of us still hoping for the second half of cd. Hopefully ax doesnt throw out everything unreleased the guy was on. Could mean further delays for that next album.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2016, 05:55:20 PM »

Pitman sucks and provided nothing meaningful to the band. Pay him his money and please make him go away for ever. His style never complimented the band, just was weird. Mother Goose, glad you are gone.

The guy was in the band for a very very long time.  Why would he be allowed to stick around, if he didn't do anything?  I really have no clue what he did in the band, other than what he did at live concerts.  I really would like to know the story.  But I guess it is very easy to just say, I don't know what he did and he isn't in the band, so he is dumb and I am glad he left.

So why would he be owed money?  It seems like such an odd ball amount as well....  

I have never head of any of the past band members/current band members being owed money.   So it looks like all the bills from past tours have all been paid.  You play a concert you get paid etc...

So what would Chris be owed this money for?  I would think it would be for non concert work.  Perhaps doing some studio work for Axl for new music?  The record label stopped paying for studio time years ago, so I think Axl has to pick up the tab for anything relating to vaulted music being reworked....   So I bet that's what happend

He was the 2nd keyboard player and a crappy background singer. I can do that and I don't even play keyboards. Don't give me this sub bass crap either, you don't need a sub bass. Everything he did was extra and not needed.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2016, 05:59:29 PM »

This could have bad results for those of us still hoping for the second half of cd. Hopefully ax doesnt throw out everything unreleased the guy was on. Could mean further delays for that next album.

This.  I would imagine Pitman is all over whatever else is "in the can".  If the idea is to simply have Slash & Duff record on those tracks, this could make things a lot more difficult.
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2016, 06:12:11 PM »

if theres no sign of new music and there is the same ol setlist as previous tours....ya people are going to complain about it, rightfully so..

That's just amazing.

Axl, Duff and Slash on the same stage for the first time since 1993? Doesn't matter... The "setlist is the same".  rofl

/jarmo

Jarmo I was somebody who 110% believed that if Axl and Slash got back onstage again together the complaints about the band would melt away.  I was so wrong.  I cannot believe people are complaining about the set list.  You are right, some people will always find something to complain about  Sad

the interesting about it is, that it was not always about Axl and his hired Guns as many supposed. it was more than that more than "slash aint in the band, fuck it".
most important: you take all the talk and "complaints" way too seriously. but that's an old hat/dead horse/whatever

actual topic: never was a Pitmanfan but if he deservs money, more power to him. if not, fuck him. simple as that.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:16:08 PM by Ringoturtle » Logged

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2016, 10:44:07 PM »

I really want to know what went on here
Why?

How does that change anything for us as fans?

It's entirely possible that there will be a settlement with a NDA signed and we'll never know.

Ali

What dos changing anything have to do with anything ?

I want to know why he left/got fired.  I want to hear more about why He says Axl owes him money.  I want to know more about went on behind the scenes for the past 10 years.  I want to har stories about the receding of the album CD

There was zero mention why chore isn't in the band any more.  Then we get someone replacing him

What about all those stupid ghost pictures from the recording studios last year?

Nothing has to change to find out more info from your fav band

Why are you painting here?  It doesn't change anything?

Why do fans call into talk shows to talk about there fav sports teams?   It doesn't change anything?? 
Posting here and wanting to know details about the inner workings and business affairs of the band are not the same thing.

Ali

Thebaconman man is right and makes excellent points.  Why not discuss inner workings and business?
Beats talking about the ac/dc tour Ali.
Baconman raises some great questions.
Because it's not why any of us became fans to begin with. Because wanting to know something isn't the same as being entitled to know it.

Ali

I became a fan of the band when I was 8 years old.  My mother let me pick out two tapes from the local supermarket.   I picked AFD and Iron Maiden "Seven sons of a seventh son"

I picked both tapes, because I liked how the front looked.  I liked the artwork

So really I became a fan of GNR because I thought the art work was cool.

Is that all I am supposed to talk about?   Because that's why I became a fan?   I don't think so.......
Bullshit. The artwork may have sparked curiosity, but no one becomes a fan of a musical artist/performer on the basis of their album art.

Ali

So because you don't like it, its not true?   Ok........

I tell you who became a fan of a lot of music/bands because he thought the albums looked cool, the music videos looked cool, the bands tshirts looked cool.  A 8 year old Baconman, that who.   

That how I became a fan of many, many bands....

Now how did I stay a fan.....   Well this is totally different

I stayed a fan of some of these bands, because I liked there music, etc.

Most bands though that 8 year old Bacon liked, I dropped after a few years.

So with your logic.   You only want to talk about GNRs items, you pick.   However you have no problem discussing what other people should talk about???   Weird.
I never said I didn't "like it".

Maybe it's a matter of semantics, but no one I have ever met in my entire life continues to listen to an artist, spends money on albums and concerts without deriving enjoyment from the artist's music.

All this stemmed from your remark about wanting to know what went on.

Well, we still don't know what exactly is the legal arrangement between Axl, Slash and Duff.  We likely never will as we have no right or even need to know that.  Did that affect your enjoyment of the recent tour?

It sure didn't for me.

The conversation has diverged, but that's why I was asking.

Ali

I explained how I became a fan.  As you said this isn't why I became a fan.

I explained why I stayed a fan.....   

I never said it was my "right" or anyone elses, with anything to do with GNR...     

What I will say is I love talking about my fav band in the world.  I love knowing everything there is to know about the band.  Good and bad.

If you don't want to know, don't care, only care to read and talk about puppies and lollypops, cool.....

Not me

I would love to know everything....  I want to talk about everything.   When I go to a guns n roses concert I want to hear guns n roses music.  I would love more albums.  I would love to read about the making of all the albums.   I would love there to be another internet chat.  I want to know why Chris isn't in the band after all this time and what he exactly did!!!!!

Again if you don't cool.  Seems you do like to talk about what other people should talk about though.  And that is weird...

Baconman I feel the exact same way, nicely said.
I see nothing wrong with being this way or being like Ali, if your not concerned about small things like this Pitman thing then thats cool....but I dont get you being irritated or whatever about other fans talking about this.

Discussing something like their kids might be weird and unnecessary but you should be able to understand why fans may want to speculate what happened to the bands keyboard player and songwriter who's now suing the band. Seems like a normal and rational thing to dicuss to me.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2016, 10:49:10 PM »

if theres no sign of new music and there is the same ol setlist as previous tours....ya people are going to complain about it, rightfully so..

That's just amazing.

Axl, Duff and Slash on the same stage for the first time since 1993? Doesn't matter... The "setlist is the same".  rofl

/jarmo

Jarmo I was somebody who 110% believed that if Axl and Slash got back onstage again together the complaints about the band would melt away.  I was so wrong.  I cannot believe people are complaining about the set list.  You are right, some people will always find something to complain about  Sad

the interesting about it is, that it was not always about Axl and his hired Guns as many supposed. it was more than that more than "slash aint in the band, fuck it".
most important: you take all the talk and "complaints" way too seriously. but that's an old hat/dead horse/whatever

actual topic: never was a Pitmanfan but if he deservs money, more power to him. if not, fuck him. simple as that.

1000% correct on all points Ringoturtle. Beautiflly said.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2016, 12:58:19 PM »

I always thought there were always communication issues because these guys because they probably can't talk to Axl directly about things ... But from afar Chris always seemed closer to Axl than others have.

Who knows...

If he's owed money then he should get paid ... That's all. Maybe it was a lawyer or accounting error that has nothing to do with Axl or band management. I believe Slash and Duff sued him once and it was resolved quickly because it had nothing to do with Axl.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2016, 12:58:31 PM »

I seriously doubt that Axl was close to "poverty" in 2011. He still lives in his million dollar home last I heard. But if there was a cash flow problem in 2011 that could explain why doing residences in Vegas in 2012 and 2014 was preferred over a traveling tour that would incur much larger expenses.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2016, 01:01:35 PM »

I always thought there were always communication issues because these guys because they probably can't talk to Axl directly about things ... But from afar Chris always seemed closer to Axl than others have.

Who knows...

If he's owed money then he should get paid ... That's all. Maybe it was a lawyer or accounting error that has nothing to do with Axl or band management. I believe Slash and Duff sued him once and it was resolved quickly because it had nothing to do with Axl.

I hope that if it is handled quickly, that pitman comes out and gives credit or says something positive about that
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2016, 01:08:57 PM »

I seriously doubt that Axl was close to "poverty" in 2011. He still lives in his million dollar home last I heard. But if there was a cash flow problem in 2011 that could explain why doing residences in Vegas in 2012 and 2014 was preferred over a traveling tour that would incur much larger expenses.

I think there is a huge difference in Axl being personally broke and the company/band guns n roses being broke.....

I am sure all the employees are paid through the company/band and not Axl directly.   I am sure the band was paid a fee for live shows (never heard a deal with nobody not being paid for that)  I bet pitman did some studio work and there just wasn't anything in the guns cupboard to pay him with....    Just a guess though
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2016, 01:16:25 PM »

Agreed.  It was a hard sell as Guns N' Roses as anything but in name only.  Apparently, the print on a ticket stub is supposed to fix what you are seeing and hearing.  Sure thing.

But I don't know you have to look much further than the current tour to support your premise here.  Is it a full blown reunion?  Not even close.  But with Slash back, it "seems/sounds/is Guns N' Roses again", or some variation.

And numbers, they do not lie.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2016, 01:32:48 PM »

Agreed.  It was a hard sell as Guns N' Roses as anything but in name only.  Apparently, the print on a ticket stub is supposed to fix what you are seeing and hearing.  Sure thing.

But I don't know you have to look much further than the current tour to support your premise here.  Is it a full blown reunion?  Not even close.  But with Slash back, it "seems/sounds/is Guns N' Roses again", or some variation.

The promotion for this tour is something we havnt seen in a very very very very very very long time

That plays a huge factor into ticket sales.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2016, 02:00:39 PM »

The promotion for this tour is something we havnt seen in a very very very very very very long time

That plays a huge factor into ticket sales.

What comes first the chicken or the egg? The reason why LiveNation put all that money in to this is because they knew how well this would do.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2016, 06:59:24 PM »

This.  I would imagine Pitman is all over whatever else is "in the can".  If the idea is to simply have Slash & Duff record on those tracks, this could make things a lot more difficult.

Oh man, watch it turn out that pitman is the reason we never get to hear cd 2. If you thought people hated the guy before, just imagine how people would feel about him after that turn of events. He would be the ultimate scapegoat. Not saying that it will happen, just entertaining myself. I still think the second half of cd will eventually come out.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2016, 10:28:32 PM »

I assume this will sort itself out and isn't too big a deal, but it seems strange that this is the third former GNR musician who we know has sued the band after departing: Steven, Gilby, Pittman. Maybe GNR needs a new HR department.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2016, 10:47:20 PM »

Hum, so he stayed with the band after 2012 even tho Axl owed him money? How does that works?

Anyways, I think this could easily be settled down off the court. Not that much money in the context.

Probably because they were still friends back then. Things are different now.

Edit: Or maybe he just didn't wanna loose his place at GN'R so he said nothing.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:53:08 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2016, 11:16:11 PM »

Hum, so he stayed with the band after 2012 even tho Axl owed him money? How does that works?

Anyways, I think this could easily be settled down off the court. Not that much money in the context.

Perhaps because he kept getting paid for touring

But

They couldn't figure out a way to pay him for studio time

And he was fine with that

Until he got kicked out of the band or left and asked for his money and nobody would return his calls
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2016, 10:34:31 AM »

Perhaps because he kept getting paid for touring

But

They couldn't figure out a way to pay him for studio time

And he was fine with that

Until he got kicked out of the band or left and asked for his money and nobody would return his calls
This makes sense

Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »

If he's due the money, he should be paid it, pronto.  That's his daily bread, after all.  There's nothing remiss about wanting paid for work you've done.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2016, 09:57:46 PM »

That lawsuit has one positive effect for us fans: We finally know that the band was in a studio after 2007.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: