Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:20:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pitman and Axl falling out - Lawsuit
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pitman and Axl falling out - Lawsuit  (Read 28474 times)
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2016, 01:25:14 AM »

That lawsuit has one positive effect for us fans: We finally know that the band was in a studio after 2007.

Well this is from 2014. Also Axl tweeted this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CPitmanofficial/status/540340556077875201

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2016, 04:50:58 PM »

I wish anyone owed me $163,000.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
vladie75
Opening Act

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2016, 12:00:23 AM »

It's a company thing. Just think back to 1993. Izzy said that his main motivation to rejoin for the few shows (when Gilby broke his arm) was because GNR hadn't paid him since he left the band! The minute they wanted him to get them out of a pickle he says they had the paperwork drawn up and he got his money.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2016, 05:26:35 PM »

Haha.....So thats what Axl meant on rockline radio interview when he said Izzy came back for the tour then " blackmailed us"  and wanted nothing to do with him since and was " cool when he went away"....after slash said it was cool to have him back initially.
I dont get why GnR the company does this or why Axl would allow it.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2016, 06:50:57 PM »

That lawsuit has one positive effect for us fans: We finally know that the band was in a studio after 2007.

Haha, remember when this passed for excitement around here?

God, I think we talked about this for 3 days.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2016, 09:59:15 PM »

Ha!  I remember that.  People dissected the shit out of that.  "So, Axl re-tweeted the photo, that must mean he's there in the studio, right?" "That does look like his hand..."  Oh man, what a difference a couple years make. 
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2016, 08:41:56 AM »

no difference on the new music front..... Tongue

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2016, 09:48:07 AM »

I have the feeling this is will just go away. Only to be brought up Ina. Couple of years when I find this thread 10 pages back and ask has anyone heard of what happened here
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2016, 10:06:01 AM »

Best bet this situation will settle quickly...

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2016, 10:08:59 AM »

I am more interested in how and why he was removed from the band over if he was paid correctly.  Wink

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2016, 11:00:24 AM »

Ha!  I remember that.  People dissected the shit out of that.  "So, Axl re-tweeted the photo, that must mean he's there in the studio, right?" "That does look like his hand..."  Oh man, what a difference a couple years make. 

Haha! I always enjoyed the 'has Ron left?' era. Endless speculation and reading cryptic messages into snippets of comments!

I guess though, it's probably not that different to what we're up to these days Izzy/Pitman wise!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2016, 06:20:54 PM »

Hum, so he stayed with the band after 2012 even tho Axl owed him money? How does that works?

Anyways, I think this could easily be settled down off the court. Not that much money in the context.

Remember the Riad lawsuit?
Yep. The song is still in its full on Chinese Democracy (like digital copies and stuff) and has no mention of the other guys who did that intro as far as I know.

You live the dream i suppose,still we dont need to know the gory details do we?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2016, 11:10:15 PM »

So much for being loyal....

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2016, 04:01:46 PM »

Oh yes shame on Chris for thinking he can get what is owed to him. How dare he?!!?!?!?  Roll Eyes
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2016, 11:58:54 PM »

Oh yes shame on Chris for thinking he can get what is owed to him. How dare he?!!?!?!?  Roll Eyes

Yeah, go on a drunken rant calling out your employer, yeah there's nothing wrong with that....  Should I bring up the Coachella post as well ??

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2016, 12:10:22 AM »

Yeah, go on a drunken rant calling out your employer, yeah there's nothing wrong with that....  Should I bring up the Coachella post as well ??

Your point is? He is owed money for work he did. Is he not entitled to it? Do you work for free?
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2016, 11:24:59 AM »

Your point is? He is owed money for work he did. Is he not entitled to it? Do you work for free?

Evidently there are differing opinions on whether he is entitled to this money.  Hence the dispute. 
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2016, 05:24:38 PM »

Evidently there are differing opinions on whether he is entitled to this money.  Hence the dispute. 

Well no not exactly. He says he has a promissory note signed by Axl saying he would pay him. He just never did pay him. So there wasn't a dispute if he was owed it or not.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2016, 07:46:32 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/13/axl-rose-lawsuit-guns-n-roses-engineer-unpaid-wages/ 

Sad.  Pitman was a big part of last 2 decades.  Pitman referred to only as "loyal engineer". 

9/13/2016 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

0913_axl-rose_tmzAxl Rose and Guns N' Roses are raking in the dough these days, but Axl's way behind on paying the loyal engineer who stuck with the band in the lean years ... according to a lawsuit the guy just filed.

Axl cried poverty back in 2011 -- long before this year's hugely successful reunion tour -- and promised to pay Chris Pitman for services rendered ... down the road when he was more flush ... according to the docs.

Pitman says Axl wrote him a promissory note for the $125,000 he was owed for more than a year's worth of work. In the suit, he says that amount was supposed to be paid by Oct. 2012 -- but Axl never bucked up, and he's been radio silent ever since.

It's interesting, GNR has reportedly grossed more than $100 million already off its reunion -- so, you gotta figure Pitman ain't gonna buy the poor Axl routine now.

He says Axl now owes him more than $163k, due to interest.

Too bad this piece of shit article doesn't have any more real facts, like what court and what state was the lawsuit filed in. Nor does it have a link to the actual document, like a real news outlet would do.

Anyway, find out that information (I'm assuming either NY or California) and it's public record. The suit was filed more than a month ago. That means Axl's lawyers have to file what are called "Answers" addressing each allegation. They're generally due within a month or so of the initial lawsuit, which is technically called a complaint.

That said, the defendant - Axl in this case - will probably ask for more time, since he's on tour. That, too, will be in the court filing, although that's pretty much all it will say: "You honor, my boy is rocking stadiums right now and he ain't got time for this shit, so we'll need an extra 60 days."

Judges generally grant an extension or two.

Anyway, the "answers" generally either deny the claims (remember this is line by line) or they "admit" them, or they "admit" them and then have a response.

I'm trying to put all this in layman's terms cause it's far more legal lingo mumbo jumbo.

Point is, if you know the court, you can literally go to the courthouse and ask for the file and view if for free no questions asked. Hell, some court clerk offices, if they're not busy, will email you the PDFs.
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2016, 07:43:13 AM »

Word s getting around Axl and Pittman settled this matter out of court earlier this month for an 'undisclosed sum' but less than the $163k Pittman was asking for...

Still as Axl is basically wearing that on his right arm these days, I'm sure getting rid of this problem with a bit of cash was the clever thing to do...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: