Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:46:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  European Tour 2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: European Tour 2017  (Read 143901 times)
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 07:30:32 AM »

I was in Dublin for study during the whole Garth Brooks hoo-ha (it was all anyone seemed to be talking about!).  I don't remember it all that well, but were there not problems with getting permits because of the stadium being in a residential area or something?  And yes, the condition of the pitch probably is a factor.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 01:41:00 PM »

The Garth Brooks fiasco was because there were too many shows being added without permission. Croke Park is only allowed hold something like 3 concerts a year and Garth was selling out every date they added and then they told him he couldn't play that many after tickets were sold so he pulled the plug completely

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2016, 07:55:41 AM »

Download Festival in the UK are announcing their headline acts on Thursday. It's the big rock festival in the UK, so could be a shout for GNR....although they aren't rumoured.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 09:36:46 AM »

what do people think the chances of GNR headlining Glastonbury festival this year? last weekend in June.

I have tickets to the festival, to combine Glasto and GNR would be a dream!!

Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2016, 09:40:55 AM »

Wasn't Glastonbury the festival with the hate about Metallica? Or was it another one?

"...It don't really matter..."
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2016, 09:47:52 AM »

what do people think the chances of GNR headlining Glastonbury festival this year? last weekend in June.

Well, we are getting too old to go to festivals. So hopefully they do independent stadiums and not festivals where there are way too many people because of some other band.

About chances I don't know but I'd imagine it could be in the negotiations.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 11:16:30 AM »

I dodn't see any reason for playing festivals in Europe...
GNR can play sellout staium shows in almost every country in Europe...
For me they can play:
4 stadium shows in UK
4 stadium shows in Germany
1 stadium show in Ireland,Poland,Portugal,ex Yugoslavia (Belgrade or Zagreb),Switcherland,Hungary,Slovakia,Norway,Sweden,Netjerlands,Denmark,Belgium
2 or shows in Italy,France,Spain and Russia

It is almost 25 shows
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2016, 12:55:29 PM »

For me they can play:
4 stadium shows in UK
1 stadium show in Ireland,Poland,Portugal,ex Yugoslavia (Belgrade or Zagreb),Switcherland,Hungary,Slovakia,Norway,Sweden,Netjerlands,Denmark,Belgium

It is almost 25 shows

I would LOVE to be wrong but i dont think GnR can sellout a stadium in portugal.

When we was here with AC/DC in May. Axl got a lot of praise for his performance but i dont think enough to sell out a stadium... but i hope my wrong!

Anyways... Super Bock Super Rock(one of the biggest festivals in Portugal) is announcing their first headliner in a few hours...

Could they do a Festival? Who knows right?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2016, 12:57:48 PM »

For me they can play:
4 stadium shows in UK

It is almost 25 shows

Sadly (in my view) though, the UK especially is obsessed with festivals. There's so many and loads of people go that never go to gigs normally- there's so much money involved, that I can't see them NOT doing festivals. Obviously as a fan I'm much rather they do their own shows- better atmosphere, better crowds etc etc.

I can't see them doing Glastonbury. These days it seems to be an event for rich bankers playing at being weekend warriors- I think GNR would be a terrible fit for an event like that.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2016, 04:08:17 PM »

For me they can play:
4 stadium shows in UK

It is almost 25 shows

I'm thinking the reason could be convenience. For the band that is.

They certainly won't have trouble selling stand-alone shows though, and I'm personally hoping for that.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2016, 04:15:31 PM »

We will see...Many of you guys were very sceptical about US stadium shows...And what did we get...Amazinhlg and very sucesufull tour
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2016, 04:31:32 PM »

They will sell out stadiums in Europe easy. I reckon two nights at Wembley easy. They will sell in Europe even better than the states.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2016, 05:24:40 PM »

We will see...Many of you guys were very sceptical about US stadium shows...And what did we get...Amazinhlg and very sucesufull tour

I don't think anyone is skeptical about a European tour though. Traditionally, they're a bigger draw in Europe than in the US. We might see even more multiple nights in the same city in Europe I think.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2016, 07:14:54 PM »

just doing a follow up on my post ... it was Red Hot Chili Peppers...still a great band ok
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2016, 09:18:56 AM »

I have attended the last 4 Glastonbury festivals and I am not exaggerating when I say, I must see thousands of GNR TShirts at the festival every year when they are not even playing!

Slash played the festival about 5 years ago with Myles and received a great reception.

Getting tickets is down to luck, so I certainly don't see the festival as 'bankers' weekend blowout.  250k tickets sell out within 30 minutes most years and it is down chance whether you get through to the ticket page.

http://www.nme.com/blogs/festivals-blog/glastonbury-festival-2017-headliners-1554775

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:21:03 AM by Mattgnr » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2016, 03:37:50 PM »

I have attended the last 4 Glastonbury festivals and I am not exaggerating when I say, I must see thousands of GNR TShirts at the festival every year when they are not even playing!

Slash played the festival about 5 years ago with Myles and received a great reception.

Getting tickets is down to luck, so I certainly don't see the festival as 'bankers' weekend blowout.  250k tickets sell out within 30 minutes most years and it is down chance whether you get through to the ticket page.

http://www.nme.com/blogs/festivals-blog/glastonbury-festival-2017-headliners-1554775

I see loads of GNR shirts around- most of them worn as fashion accessories these days sadly, in the same way as The Ramones shirts were about 5 years ago. Saw one after AC/DC and asked the girl wearing it if she enjoyed the show- she said "oh, have GNR played? I didn't know that." I said, "No the ACDC show". She said "what's that got to do with GNR?". Brilliant.

I haven't been to Glastonbury so my views come from others that have been- who say it's really posh and not at all 'rock'. I'm sure all sorts of people go though, so that's a generalisation, but given the cost of it all, it's inevitably going to be pretty posh I guess.  I think the reason I personally don't want to see them play is that A) it might take the place of a proper UK show and B) I don't want to see my favourite band suddenly become the current favourite band of the 'smoothies and selfies' crowd! Selfish really!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2016, 03:43:04 PM »

....also, my guess for the Glastonbury headliners is Radiohead (confirmed) Lady Gaga (pretty much confirmed) and either Green Day or Foo Fighters. I have no inside knowledge though- it's just a guess.

If we're going UK festivals for GNR- Reading/Leeds, Isle Of Wight or Download are the ones most likely in my view.

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2016, 03:02:02 PM »

No GN'R for Download. System of a Down, Biffy Clyro & Aerosmith.

I guess it's gonna be stadiums! 🤘🤘👍👍
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2016, 08:04:45 PM »

No GN'R for Download. System of a Down, Biffy Clyro & Aerosmith.

I guess it's gonna be stadiums! 🤘🤘👍👍

.....or Glastonbury, reading, leeds, t in the park, v, Isle of Wight, bst- there are absolutely loads of line ups to be announced. We're not out of the woods yet!

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2016, 08:10:34 PM »

I doubt that Axl wants to set his foot into Reading/Leeds again.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »