Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:40:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  European Tour 2017
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: European Tour 2017  (Read 143893 times)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #520 on: April 08, 2017, 08:08:52 AM »

Surely so but isn't the audience in Finland going to get something very special the rest of Europe can only dream of. All the ingredients are there.

Something along the lines of meeting AC/DC on their home turf.

Whole Lotta Rosie and Riff Raff are songs GN'R have rehearsed and done quite frequently in the past. Not to mention the fact that Axl did those with AC/DC as well.

If you compare that to say Bad Obsession or even Ain't It Fun....

What I'm trying to say is that those AC/DC songs were more likely than what some are thinking could happen in H?meenlinna because of the opening act.

But let's see. Smiley

/jarmo

I know, I know and I'm not trying to say anything. But isn't it for once in this GNR world that some hopes could actually materialise?

Nothing ever came true but now there's a slim chance. Or is there not smoking
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #521 on: April 08, 2017, 10:26:58 AM »

Which is more likely, GN'R having Monroe as a guest or Slash being a guest during Mike's set?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #522 on: April 08, 2017, 03:47:17 PM »

Which is more likely, GN'R having Monroe as a guest or Slash being a guest during Mike's set?

/jarmo

Probably Slash as guest since he already did once with Wolfmother.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #523 on: April 08, 2017, 03:52:15 PM »

This might be off topic but,wouldn't it be great if Backyard Babies played a small club show the night before the Stockholm concert with one or two "guests" ?
Just saying.....

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #524 on: April 09, 2017, 10:15:42 AM »

/jarmo

Hearing from some Finnish guys it seems to be set in stone that Mike will be on stage. Of course it's only rumours but this seems to be one of these now or never things. And it's now.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #525 on: April 09, 2017, 11:03:32 AM »

I guess we'll know on July 1st...  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #526 on: April 09, 2017, 02:03:23 PM »

/jarmo

Slash (Duff, maybe even Richard  ok) being a guest(s) during Mike's set would be safer bet .  There could be slot for MM durind Duff?s "momentum" but that is very early on set so little bit meh  Roll Eyes
Mike was there 2010 in Helsinki when Axl arrived to venue but no guest song(s) happened.
Still...hoping to see something special  beer drool
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #527 on: April 09, 2017, 05:05:06 PM »

/jarmo

Hearing from some Finnish guys it seems to be set in stone that Mike will be on stage. Of course it's only rumours but this seems to be one of these now or never things. And it's now.

Hearing rumours that it's set in stone? Not sure what to make of that comment!

I'm not too sure how anyone would know one or the other though, outside of the band- who maybe don't even know themselves yet!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #528 on: April 09, 2017, 05:12:34 PM »

I'm guessing that the set in stone comment is just because people are adding one and one together....

The guy who plays harmonica on Bad Obsession and sings on Ain't It Fun is opening the show --> He'll be making a guest appearance during the show.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #529 on: April 09, 2017, 05:52:04 PM »

I'm guessing that the set in stone comment is just because people are adding one and one together....

The guy who plays harmonica on Bad Obsession and sings on Ain't It Fun is opening the show --> He'll be making a guest appearance during the show.

/jarmo

There's a chance it could happen I guess, but I'd be surprised. I'd say Bad Obsession was more likely than Ain't It Fun. When was the last time that was played live? Has it ever been played live?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #530 on: April 10, 2017, 03:26:14 AM »

/jarmo

There's a chance it could happen I guess, but I'd be surprised. I'd say Bad Obsession was more likely than Ain't It Fun. When was the last time that was played live? Has it ever been played live?
Last played in early 1993. They stopped playing it when the tour with Teddy '' zig zag'' Andreas, the horn players, backup singers ended.
Also Monroe did join GNR on stage for the second Milton Keynes show in 1993.
Bad obsession is a song that i enjoy very much!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #531 on: April 10, 2017, 04:57:18 AM »

/jarmo

Last played in early 1993. They stopped playing it when the tour with Teddy '' zig zag'' Andreas, the horn players, backup singers ended.

Oh sorry- you mean Bad Obsession there? I was talking about Ain't It Fun. When was that played live, if ever?

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #532 on: April 10, 2017, 06:50:51 AM »

/jarmo

Exactly. And if it doesn't happen many will be why did it not happen while there was a good chance.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #533 on: April 10, 2017, 07:02:30 AM »

It's easy to think like that. In reality, so far on this tour, the band hasn't played any of the songs Mike Monroe recorded with GN'R.....

Compare that to the other guests they had on the tour. Songs that the band had rehearsed and performed.

And also, the other guests are people who've had some kind of connection with GN'R recently. Sebastian toured with GN'R multiple times, Angus plays guitar in Axl's other band, Angry has opened for GN'R multiple times over the years.... And obviously Steven was in the band!

Edited to add: Sorry, don't mean to sound negative, but I suspect that unless they rehearse that (or those) songs to be included for the European tour, the chances of them just rehearsing it for one show are kinda slim. But who knows!? Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:35:43 AM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #534 on: April 10, 2017, 12:10:57 PM »

I agree with Jarmo.  They aren't going to just pull out something they haven't at laast run through.

And honestly, do you want that?  Can lead to a pretted jagged version.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #535 on: April 10, 2017, 12:21:04 PM »

At this moment I'd say it's more likely Slash would do a guest appearance during Mike's set. And then less likely that Mike would join GN'R for something like Heaven's Door.... And even less likely that they'd do Bad Obsession or Ain't It Fun.

As of right now....

But things can change quickly.  hihi

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #536 on: April 10, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »

There's also the fact that about 98 per cent of the crowd wouldn't have a fucking clue what Ain't It Fun was, or for that matter, Bad Obsession, let alone that the guy they've just seen support played on them!

We're looking at this from a totally different angle to most people don't forget. This tour is about pleasing the masses.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #537 on: April 10, 2017, 05:10:50 PM »

/jarmo

Oh sorry- you mean Bad Obsession there? I was talking about Ain't It Fun. When was that played live, if ever?
Never, as far as I know.

I love Ain't it Fun, but I don't think the song will be played. I remember an interview with Bach back in 2006-ish or something, he asked to sing this song live with Axl but it didn't happen for some reason.

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #538 on: April 10, 2017, 05:38:05 PM »

There's also the fact that about 98 per cent of the crowd wouldn't have a fucking clue what Ain't It Fun was, or for that matter, Bad Obsession, let alone that the guy they've just seen support played on them!

We're looking at this from a totally different angle to most people don't forget. This tour is about pleasing the masses.

I think the majority of the crowd would know that MM have collaborated with Guns. He is a celebrity in Finland. So I guess a higher percent of the finnish casual rock fans know those songs than other casual rock fans.

I could picture MM doing other songs as well,  like Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory, as both Duff and Michael have a mutual love of Thunders, and Michael did cover that song as well.

Anyway, I do not expect this to happen, but I sure do hope he'll get to appear for a song or two...

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #539 on: April 10, 2017, 06:47:39 PM »

I think the majority of the crowd would know that MM have collaborated with Guns. He is a celebrity in Finland. So I guess a higher percent of the finnish casual rock fans know those songs than other casual rock fans.

I could picture MM doing other songs as well,  like Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory, as both Duff and Michael have a mutual love of Thunders, and Michael did cover that song as well.

Anyway, I do not expect this to happen, but I sure do hope he'll get to appear for a song or two...

Ah right, didn't know he was a big deal in Finland- outside of Finland I'd say he's not well known, Similar thing with Angry Anderson and Australia I suppose.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: