Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:31:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler drumming to "You Could be Mine" at home
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler drumming to "You Could be Mine" at home  (Read 8190 times)
Ignatius
Legend

« on: October 28, 2016, 01:50:51 PM »

Am I the first to post this??? (kinda surprising since Spirit's normally takes no more than 3 mins to post GNR related news once they've been published)  hihi

This was uploaded today, so it must be quite recent. I don't think he ever played drums on this song before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njw-kNlXXig

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:54:07 PM by Ignatius » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 01:59:26 PM »

Confirms once and for all that it's a good thing they went with Sorum.

This is him "clean".  Imagine this in 1990.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 09:44:20 PM »

Maybe I missed this before or I'm in the wrong section.. Apologies if so, but check Adler on this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLZ4cYxg2wm/
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 10:47:02 PM »

This was up earlier for about 10 minutes, then went among the missing.

I think the right section is another board.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 12:00:03 AM »

Great to see Adler doing this
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 03:18:08 AM »

It is brilliant to see him do this and proves that Adler is more than capable of playing any guns track and he makes it sound even better. He has a unique groove that's difficult to replicate. Really hope they bring him on again and let him play more than just the same 2 songs. I'd like him to do Rocket Queen or even You Could Be Mine as he's proved he can do. Fuck it Don't Damn Me live with Steven would blow my mind

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 08:08:00 AM »

I don't think it really stands up to Matt's though.

Sorum's drums sound like a cannon.

MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 09:10:01 AM »

It is brilliant to see him do this and proves that Adler is more than capable of playing any guns track and he makes it sound even better.

I agree on the first part of the sentence but completely disagree on the second part.
It sounds good - yes. But it's far away from making it sound better. But this is only a matter of taste I think.

Josh
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 10:36:34 AM »

I don't think it really stands up to Matt's though.

Sorum's drums sound like a cannon.

Somewhat agree, but he's just jamming a bit in his house, probably being recorded on an iPhone... hard to compare to Sorum concert footage much less on a studio recording. 
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 12:24:27 PM »

Supercool...It seems he's wearing a posture corrector or something like that, but maybe it's just me  beer
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 01:44:01 PM »

They're all great drummers but I've always loved Adlers groove and presence behind the drum kit

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 03:12:47 PM »

Somewhat agree, but he's just jamming a bit in his house, probably being recorded on an iPhone... hard to compare to Sorum concert footage much less on a studio recording. 

I agree, comparing Steven and Matt isn't really apples-to-apples here, because we're not getting the same effect.

It is interesting to watch though, as it does show Steven's tendencies towards swing and groove as opposed to Sorum's heavy-hitting style.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 08:46:28 PM »

I think what it shows is Adler attempting to "audition" himself for a larger role with the band in the future. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 11:06:45 AM »

I think what it shows is Adler attempting to "audition" himself for a larger role with the band in the future. 

That it does.

DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 12:03:51 PM »

I find he's rushing the song, especially the tom fills during the chorus. Matt has that boombastic sound and that's why I always thought Matt was better suited for the UYI albums.  Both are good drummers and I'll leave it at that.

On a side note did anyone else notice the Use Your Illusion II sales plaque behind Alder? Did Alice Cooper and Shannon Hoon get one for their contributions as well?

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 02:07:26 PM »

On a side note did anyone else notice the Use Your Illusion II sales plaque behind Adler? Did Alice Cooper and Shannon Hoon get one for their contributions as well?

I doubt it, as they were guest musicians.  Steven was an official member of the band Guns N Roses at the time he recorded "Civil War", that's why he received one.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: