Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:56:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why no Soundboard recordings available?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why no Soundboard recordings available?  (Read 5714 times)
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« on: November 19, 2016, 08:12:52 AM »

Back in the days specially in the 90's we would have several killer recordings of live shows. We have plenty of amazing soudboard recordings from the UYI tour!
Why nowadays we can't have this anymore? All we got are lame audience recordings...can someone elaborate on the matter?  Huh  Strict policies from the band's crew? What do you think?

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 09:03:48 AM »

Back in the day there was no Internet - at least not as widespread as nowadays. I remember I had only a couple of VHS - the Paris 92 and RIR2 - and that's it. For the band, it wouldn't harm that much. I mean, less people would overanalyze or judge the performance and the band. And there's a lot of those bootlegs that surfaced/leaked only years after the UYI tour.

Also, rock n' roll and the band itself were on its peak in the mainstream. So TV broadcast was a good thing to get some promotion for selling tickets and records. I think now there's less TVs interested on this kind of thing, even here in South America. Im sure Multishow would love to broadcast any Brazilian gig, but I'm not sure if they are willing to pay that much for it.

I don't know, I'm just trying to make sense of it. I absolutely love soundboard recordings, and it's a shame we don't have anything but a couple of WTTJ and November Rain from some gigs and that pseudo-soundboardings from Vegas. We also had problems in the 2006 tour (only RIR-Lisboa, Rock AM Ring and Inland Invasion), and it even worse in 2007 (no soundboard at all). Sad

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 07:43:22 PM »

Back in the day there was no Internet - at least not as widespread as nowadays. I remember I had only a couple of VHS - the Paris 92 and RIR2 - and that's it. For the band, it wouldn't harm that much. I mean, less people would overanalyze or judge the performance and the band. And there's a lot of those bootlegs that surfaced/leaked only years after the UYI tour.

Also, rock n' roll and the band itself were on its peak in the mainstream. So TV broadcast was a good thing to get some promotion for selling tickets and records. I think now there's less TVs interested on this kind of thing, even here in South America. Im sure Multishow would love to broadcast any Brazilian gig, but I'm not sure if they are willing to pay that much for it.

I don't know, I'm just trying to make sense of it. I absolutely love soundboard recordings, and it's a shame we don't have anything but a couple of WTTJ and November Rain from some gigs and that pseudo-soundboardings from Vegas. We also had problems in the 2006 tour (only RIR-Lisboa, Rock AM Ring and Inland Invasion), and it even worse in 2007 (no soundboard at all). Sad

Yeah, it makes sense! The genre that we love is really not profitable for TV anymore...music has become an industrialized product. when our heroes are dead there will be no one there to keep rock going on!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 07:53:13 PM »

It used to be that you could go up to the soundboard and ask the sound guy if you could plug in your recording equipment. Before the internet and stuff, nine times out of ten (unless they had direct orders from the band not to allow it) they'd let you do it, and make your own recording. Seems incredible these days really! Different times though- not so commercial, most bands just liked the fact some fan really wanted a live recording of the show!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: