Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:40:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2017 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 98074 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2017, 11:25:31 AM »

I keep saying that ... this team is still a year or two away probably... but as we creep on day by day...

I am starting to think that maybe just maybe they can and will win this division. Do we need another top SP to be a real contender..yeah probably.

As far as Judge... what can I say? No I don't think he's going to win the triple crown ha but even when he goes in to his eventual slump... we have gotten NOTHING from the corner infielders... Bird and maybe Torres will only strengthen the lineup in those spots... so with this offense and the back end bullpen...

I think we should be in it all year.

and yes Aaron Hicks must be juicing! ( how can they possibly bench him for Ellsbury...)

Every day that goes by, I ask the same question re: Ellsbury.  Honestly...Ellsbury is the player that made me go "Huh?" when he was signed, and still does, today.

Given the fact the guy is made of glass, and the concussion symptoms seem to be lingering....we may not have to worry about this til after the AS break.

But, even then...you literally can not pull one of the other 3 guys out. Gardie is on pace to shatter his career HR mark, is hitting .270 with 13 HRs...and is the LEAST productive of the 3 regular outfielders playing right now. You can NOT sit one of those 3 guys, or Yanks fans are going to riot.  If one starts to cool off.....I'm sure Girardi will swap the out for the vet (his modus operandi in previous seasons...and it has NEVER served him well) asap.  But until that happens, if it happens....Ellsbury is the odd man out.

They can't trade him. They're not going to release him....

OH, and they have to figure out Tanaka. Either it's time to extend him, and send him for elbow surgery (finally).....or it's time to "find" another injury to get him on the DL so he can figure shit out. He is the only thing not working quite right on the roster right now.

And agree on the corner infielders.  I wanna dick punch Headly every time he weakly flies out to right center/left center.  But you can't fault 1st base right now. Chris Carter was never meant to be the every day player there. I did chuckle at Sanchez taking over at first a couple games ago.  I think that the insurance plan if Bird comes back and still stinks the plate up....which will be interesting.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2017, 07:08:43 PM »

They are definitely fun to watch this year. I don't know how long the young guys can keep this pace up but as long as they can i'll enjoy it. At some point they're gonna hit a snag they're young and history says that'll happen. Inexperience always catches up to you.but we're setup really good for the future with this crop of kids. I don't know if we will make the playoffs but even if we do i agree we're probably a few years away from being a true contender. Judge is the real deal though. This kid has superstar written all over him.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2017, 07:19:43 PM »

They are definitely fun to watch this year. I don't know how long the young guys can keep this pace up but as long as they can i'll enjoy it. At some point they're gonna hit a snag they're young and history says that'll happen. Inexperience always catches up to you.but we're setup really good for the future with this crop of kids. I don't know if we will make the playoffs but even if we do i agree we're probably a few years away from being a true contender. Judge is the real deal though. This kid has superstar written all over him.

Yes, they're set up very well.  In many ways, these kinds of seasons are the best for fans.  The excitement comes back, the team goes deep into the season as a playoff contender and, even if the run falls short, the experience of playing in late season meaningful games is priceless for a young team.

Sadly, this season as been almost the exact opposite for the Mets.  Performing below expectations, below ability, below basic decency, etc.  Even Mr. Met lost it and flipped someone the finger. 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2017, 07:20:49 PM »

Jays are also my 500

Then time for total world domination!!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2017, 09:00:45 AM »

Every night... I shake my head at him...

Then after the game he stands there and answers every question the way a text book would teach it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »

Then after the game he stands there and answers every question the way a text book would teach it.

This kid read "The Book of Jeter" in the baseball bible, for sure.

Its like Jeter transplanted his brain into a new "physical specimen" of a body. Even his ABs, this year, are starting to look Jeter-esque.  Which is FRIGHTENING for a guy with this kind of power.

Pitching eventually catches up, and with a guy this size.....holes are usually easier to find in their swing.  But right now, this kid is the most dangerous hitter in the league.  Like...Bonds at his peak level of scary.  I just don't see how he keeps up this pace....but man it's fun to watch his ABs every night!

Not to mention: His defense, and speed, are remarkable for a guy his size. Hell, ANY size. It just.....balls are not supposed to fly that far....and men that size are not meant to steal bases like that...and are not supposed to be able to run down and catch balls with that kind of grace and ability.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:06:12 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »

This kid read "The Book of Jeter" in the baseball bible, for sure.

Its like Jeter transplanted his brain into a new "physical specimen" of a body. Even his ABs, this year, are starting to look Jeter-esque.  Which is FRIGHTENING for a guy with this kind of power.

Pitching eventually catches up, and with a guy this size.....holes are usually easier to find in their swing.  But right now, this kid is the most dangerous hitter in the league.  Like...Bonds at his peak level of scary.  I just don't see how he keeps up this pace....but man it's fun to watch his ABs every night!

Not to mention: His defense, and speed, are remarkable for a guy his size. Hell, ANY size. It just.....balls are not supposed to fly that far....and men that size are not meant to steal bases like that...and are not supposed to be able to run down and catch balls with that kind of grace and ability.

I have no doubt that his batting average will most likely dip down to around 300 by the end of the year (which is still great)... but he already leads the league in walks (I think) and eventually teams will stop throwing to him completely, so his OBP isn't going anywhere.

I have no clue what Soscia was thinking last night...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2017, 02:17:04 PM »

I have no clue what Soscia was thinking last night...

Hottest hitter in the league, who is also the HR leader, with first base open, in a tie game, with one out?

Seems like a no-brainer to walk him, put the double play in place, and avoid pitching to him.

Maybe Soscia doesn't believe the hype so far? Maybe he figured they "had" something on Judge, so they could handle him? Maybe they figured if they walked him, they had to pitch to Holiday....who is also a power threat (and then it's a 3 run bomb)...Castro who's hitting .350 and maybe Didi who was 3-3 at that point and is hitting .340...if they couldn't get the double play? I just don't know.  With this lineup, that middle of the order is fucking murder right now.

But I'm with you....I can't believe they pitched to him

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2017, 06:42:22 PM »

I rather read a blank board than all this New York centrick gibber jabber

New York would look great on radio haha
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2017, 07:08:28 PM »

God why do the Yankees always suck out west? The teams out there own our asses whenever we're out there it seems.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2017, 10:05:56 AM »

God why do the Yankees always suck out west? The teams out there own our asses whenever we're out there it seems.

3 Historic Yankees Kryptonite:

1) West Coast Trips
2) Camden Yards
3) The Trop

Its funny, though...because even though they lost, pretty much every game was fun to watch.  Mostly close games, that literally came down to the last at bats.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2017, 08:26:38 PM »

True but the bullpen which is a strength was awful on this trip.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2017, 03:02:28 PM »

CC leaving that game early was an ugly spiral for the rest of the week... and then the next day I think Pineda got rocked early... waxed the bullpen.

We knew the slump as coming eventually... hopefully they bounce back at home!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2017, 04:47:17 PM »

Another great win last night for the jays

Such a tight wild card race right now.  Of coarse some of these teams will be unloading players right away which will make the jays case of world domination all the much easier

Also making it easier.

The Yankees stink!!!!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2017, 06:52:20 PM »

CC leaving that game early was an ugly spiral for the rest of the week... and then the next day I think Pineda got rocked early... waxed the bullpen.

We knew the slump as coming eventually... hopefully they bounce back at home!
Yep and it got ugly quick.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2017, 08:16:24 PM »

Looking for another big win tonight for jays

Let's see if your big lefties arm is in it.  I think it will be
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2017, 06:24:30 AM »

two more wins in Texas is good enough for me!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2017, 09:42:38 AM »

Another huge win for the bluejays

They sure are fun to watch

Smoak for MVP!!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2017, 11:40:53 AM »

Jays stink
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2017, 10:13:02 AM »

Jays are about 12 and 25 against the al east

Horrible

Let's sell players now!!!!  The ship is almost sunk

Slow and old

Where is my time machine   I want 2015 to come back!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: