Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:02:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank interview in Drum Mag
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank interview in Drum Mag  (Read 7292 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: January 04, 2017, 12:09:58 AM »

Really nice interview with Frank.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 06:33:50 AM »

Cool, thanks for that!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 06:34:11 AM »

Thanks Gypsy!! Awesome interview.

Interesting to hear how his kit changed for these shows..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 08:22:39 AM »

Thanks Gypsy. Please, the next time, try to make it bigger to read for those of us who are not that young anymore hihi

I like those tidbits about Chinese Democracy's recording, and how Brain was always there, making sure Frank felt comfortable. Also love how he feels between Adler and Sorum: to me that sounds right. I wish he could be more certain of future recordings, tho.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 08:26:48 AM »

Nice interview!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »

Frank seems like a good guy that really lucked into a dream gig.  Good for him.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 11:22:13 AM »

Cool interview, thanks for posting. Always liked Frank. It's nice to have someone who's genuinely stoked to be there behind the kit.  He's all power.  Hope we get to see him really shine on the next album.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 09:22:25 PM »

Thanks Gypsy. Please, the next time, try to make it bigger to read for those of us who are not that young anymore hihi
My apologies.  It's so hard to judge what size it will appear as when it's posted.  For some reason the preview size is different from when it actually posts to the board.  And it literally took me three days of scanning and re-scanning different configurations of the actual mag before I finally gave up and typed the interview out.  I tried to post three different sizes of my typed out one before giving up on that too and posted this one.  Embarrassed
It was taking me so long to figure out that this January issue isn't even on the newsstands anymore.  hihi

I like those tidbits about Chinese Democracy's recording, and how Brain was always there, making sure Frank felt comfortable. Also love how he feels between Adler and Sorum: to me that sounds right. I wish he could be more certain of future recordings, tho.
I liked what he had to say about Brain/Adler/Sorum too. I especially liked the part where Frank said he changed his playing style and changed to a 16s from whatever a 14s & Sabian15s is because that's the sound Slash and Duff wanted/like for certain songs.  And also when he said "If Axl pointed something out I would definitely keep doing it every night."

Frank sounds like a really good guy and band-mate.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 10:41:48 PM »

Met Frank in Vegas during the second residency. He genuinely seemed really happy to be part of everything

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 05:28:04 AM »

Franks Is Amazing Gay, Thanks

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 07:27:41 AM »

hahaha! Steady on the typos!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 08:08:14 AM »

The bit that stands out for me is: "I'm just hoping that if Guns continues in whatever form I'll be part of that recording process as well".

That's probably about as honest and realistic a statement on the future of the band as we'll read. That's how it stands.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 10:26:34 AM »

Well,

1- I definitely think Chris Pittman was right.

2 - This is a tour to remember the past.

3 - I do not think Axl plans to launch something new
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 10:34:44 AM »

My apologies.  It's so hard to judge what size it will appear as when it's posted.  For some reason the preview size is different from when it actually posts to the board.  And it literally took me three days of scanning and re-scanning different configurations of the actual mag before I finally gave up and typed the interview out.  I tried to post three different sizes of my typed out one before giving up on that too and posted this one.  Embarrassed
It was taking me so long to figure out that this January issue isn't even on the newsstands anymore.  hihi
Its all good, Im thankful for all the work you did. And I managed to zoom in the screen anyways, so it worked out. Smiley

hahaha! Steady on the typos!
Hahahahaha

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »

2 - This is a tour to remember the past.

It's not rocket science. The first time the three of them get together since 1993. What did you expect?

Do I need to remind you that in June 2014, if we were told that in less than two years, we'd be witnessing Axl, Duff and Slash together in GN'R, most of us would've just said "yeah, right!"?

3 - I do not think Axl plans to launch something new

Funny how even though he has talked a bit about the opposite, it can't be true.

Your logic seems to be: It's not out, so he doesn't want to put it out.

hihi

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:41:16 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 11:03:45 AM »

I think it's premature to pass judgement either way on whether or not we'll see a new album from this lineup.  It's natural after a year of hugely successful touring that our attention would turn to possible new music, but the fact is that half the world has yet to see this show and (unless they're doing some recording on the DL between legs) I think the tour is where their concentration will be on for the bulk of 2017.

So who knows?  Hopefully Axl or someone else makes a definitive statement sometime this year about album plans, as his statements earlier this year on the subject were extremely vague.  I'd like to believe the three of them have had more detailed talks about it since then.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 01:41:38 PM »

I think it's premature to pass judgement either way on whether or not we'll see a new album from this lineup.  It's natural after a year of hugely successful touring that our attention would turn to possible new music, but the fact is that half the world has yet to see this show and (unless they're doing some recording on the DL between legs) I think the tour is where their concentration will be on for the bulk of 2017.

So who knows?  Hopefully Axl or someone else makes a definitive statement sometime this year about album plans, as his statements earlier this year on the subject were extremely vague.  I'd like to believe the three of them have had more detailed talks about it since then.

I would love to hear a proper interview done with Axl, Slash or Duff.

You know a interview with actual questions about things, where there is also follow up questions depending on the original questions answers...

Question person "Axl are we going to see new guns music either released or played live in the next 5 years"

Why or why not....   

Etc....
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 01:44:01 PM »

I would love to hear a proper interview done with Axl, Slash or Duff.

You know a interview with actual questions about things, where there is also follow up questions depending on the original questions answers...

Question person "Axl are we going to see new guns music either released or played live in the next 5 years"

Why or why not....   

Etc....

It'd be nice, but I don't imagine the current interview embargo is in place because they *want* to answer those types of questions.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »

Why or why not....   

Next five years?
I don't think they plan things that far ahead.

Also, it's kinda impossible to predict some things. Right now it seems like the band is in "tour mode". There's shows booked until September. Whenever they decide to switch to "recording mode", and start focusing on putting together a new release, that's when we might get an idea of when we might get to see the result of that.

Also, to answer your question hypothetically, I suspect the answer wouldn't be "no".

Edited to add: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSSJIgSyoQo&t=14m30s

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:35:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 02:45:22 PM »

Why or why not....   

Next five years?
I don't think they plan things that far ahead.

Also, it's kinda impossible to predict some things. Right now it seems like the band is in "tour mode". There's shows booked until September. Whenever they decide to switch to "recording mode", and start focusing on putting together a new release, that's when we might get an idea of when we might get to see the result of that.

Also, to answer your question hypothetically, I suspect the answer wouldn't be "no".

Edited to add: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSSJIgSyoQo&t=14m30s

/jarmo

So my follow up questions would be

The band used to write on the road all the time.  Has this changed?  If so why?

The band used to play unreleased NEW music live.  With the comments that there is a ton of already written music in a vaut and the history of writing new material on the road while touring, is there a possibility of hearing New unreleased music live?  If not why?

I think I do need work on my follow up questions though as my go to one is just asking why.  haha, better than just skipping on to the next question though
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: