Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AfD 30th Anniversary
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AfD 30th Anniversary  (Read 51142 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2017, 04:10:11 AM »

This Simply:

Steven, Izzy, Axl, Slash,  Duff

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2017, 05:08:02 AM »

Play the whole album as it was meant to be heard.

Pffff, go listen to the studio album then.

In my opinion AFD is one of those albums that are not meant to be heard in one definite way. That's what makes it so great.

It is and one of the best ways to play it is in a jukebox, the whole album and in the correct order. Then of course there aren't many jukeboxes around anymore and some of them start mixing songs if too many are played from the same album Angry
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2017, 01:52:38 AM »

Any comments, anyone? Or do you need to get paid from some media company so we take you for real when you comment.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2017, 01:56:33 AM »

Any comments, anyone? Or do you need to get paid from some media company so we take you for real when you comment.

What do you mean?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2017, 02:12:48 AM »

What do you mean?

Any reports of this biggest day the rock history has ever known.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2017, 02:17:36 AM »

What do you mean?

It's like quarter after 2 in the morning here in NYC so the anniversary of "this biggest day the rock history has ever known" just started.  On the west coast it's still the day before "this biggest day the rock history has ever known"  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2017, 02:24:39 AM »

What do you mean?

It's like quarter after 2 in the morning here in NYC so the anniversary of "this biggest day the rock history has ever known" just started.  On the west coast it's still the day before "this biggest day the rock history has ever known"  Wink

What is this supposed to mean?

Nothing is going to happen today

The band just played a small concert that used both the AFD album cover and the anniversary of the release of the album and they couldn't even acknowledge it on stage once.   Brutal
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2017, 02:29:07 AM »

The band just played a small concert that used both the AFD album cover and the anniversary of the release of the album and they couldn't even acknowledge it on stage once.   Brutal

The band just live streamed the audio of tonight's entire show on their radio station that was launched in celebration of the 30th anniversary.  Do you seriously need them to spell it out more than that?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2017, 02:33:07 AM »

The band just live streamed the audio of tonight's entire show on their radio station that was launched in celebration of the 30th anniversary.  Do you seriously need them to spell it out more than that?

The band just played a show they have played every night for the past year and a half in a small club that they where paid very well for.   

Awesome.  We got to listen to the show many of us have already seen love and heard many times

For the rare opportunity of this band playing for an event that used AFD 30 to advertise.  I was expecting something more related to the anniversary

At least some crowd interaction.  Something

All that this has me thinking is that come the arena leg. Nothing will change
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2017, 02:47:26 AM »

The band just played a show they have played every night for the past year and a half in a small club that they where paid very well for.   

Awesome.  We got to listen to the show many of us have already seen love and heard many times

For the rare opportunity of this band playing for an event that used AFD 30 to advertise.  I was expecting something more related to the anniversary

Isn't this the first show that audio's been live streamed since the rejoining? And it comes on the day for the fans to enjoy in celebration of the anniversary.

They did give us fans something special.  It's been well advertised as exactly what it was... a live audio stream on the GNR radio station of the entire 3 hour plus show.  Just because YOU were expecting something else doesn't mean they didn't give us what was advertised.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2017, 02:58:22 AM »

I must agree. How do you do Times Square advertising? Anyone who is capable of buying that plane ticket and negotiate their way into this some amazing and glorious square see all this.

But they don't care, why would they, aren't there other things to see and do in the city.

But most importantly this was an invitation only gig and should have been a celebration of something.

But nothing was celebrated, just nothing.

For a very long time we hear nothing from the organisers. Could they just come out and explain what was this.

Life will go on but for the future history books, what was this and why?
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2017, 03:08:34 AM »

Isn't this the first show that audio's been live streamed since the rejoining? And it comes on the day for the fans to enjoy in celebration of the anniversary.

They did give us fans something special.  It's been well advertised as exactly what it was... a live audio stream on the GNR radio station of the entire 3 hour plus show.  Just because YOU were expecting something else doesn't mean they didn't give us what was advertised.

Sorry but don't you celebrate your anniversary with your partner???... It just makes no sense at all as well as the "great announcement" of the tour extra-dates. Just bullshit, who fuckin cares about a streaming when you live in the periscope, yt (& more) era? I actually did expect this, but i'm still disappointed cause i didn't want this to be just another extra milking...Couldnt steven play at least the AFD songs? Cmon...Nonsense event
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:48:14 AM by ITARocker » Logged
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2017, 03:09:23 AM »

How do you do Times Square advertising?
Nothing on that billboard indicated it was an advertisement for anything.

GNR bought space in Time Square to post a billboard in celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the release of AFD.

Edited to add:  It wasn't just some random fan streaming from their cell phone on periscope or youtube or facebook. (even though I truly appreciate and enjoy those).  This ENTIRE show audio was streamed by the band themselves for the fans enjoyment.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:15:09 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2017, 03:13:27 AM »

GNR bought space in Time Square to post a billboard in celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the release of AFD.

Yep and was AFD celebrated? No, not at all, wake up.
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2017, 04:33:09 AM »

How about not yet?
Maybe, just maybe, there's still shit to come
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2017, 06:04:01 AM »

How about not yet?

After 25 years of axl rose i think i have enough experience to say: don't be naive. hihi hihi Nothing is going to happen, just nothing. But it's not that big problem: just another bitter shot of gnr drink
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:07:22 AM by ITARocker » Logged
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2017, 06:11:55 AM »

After 25 years of axl rose i think i have enough experience to say: don't be naive. hihi hihi Nothing is going to happen, just nothing. But it's not that big problem: just another bitter shot of gnr drink
+1

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2017, 06:17:38 AM »

How about not yet?

Just this. Seen them, been there where ever I possibly could, multiple shows and multiple countries. Then this morning you wake up at home feeling empty. Normally, after a gig you feel like it was so great you want to tell everyone, also those who couldn't care less.

I have enough experience of this to know we will not hear anything new ever. I could just cry and for all the non-happiness reasons.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2017, 08:34:26 AM »

I'm still baffled by those posters. I can't see the reasoning behind spending the money on them.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2017, 08:36:51 AM »

AFD has stood timeless for me. It's rawness and unfiltered emotion is what makes it spectacular. Thirty years later, the album and the songs "Welcome To The Jungle", "Paradise City", and "Sweet Child O' Mine" are still at the top of some of my favorite songs.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: