Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:29:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AfD 30th Anniversary
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AfD 30th Anniversary  (Read 51052 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2017, 04:47:16 AM »

I don't see the big whoop over a 30 year anniversary.  Is that more important than a 20 or 25 year anniversary? Are they supposed to have some hoopla or a reissue every 5 years?  Did they acknowledge the anniversary at 25 years?

Few reasons i guess:
30 is a big number
The band are in the middle of a tour
The tour fearures original members most  thought would never play together again
The band made it a big deal by putting up posters etc.

None of the other annivesaries had all those factors. Of course it all amounted to fuck all anyway, so it doesn't matter in the slightest really!

You're still upset about the posters, eh?  hihi
I seriously wonder now what was their purpose..

Haha! I've been thinking about them a lot- they still totally baffle me!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2017, 11:08:57 AM »

I don't see the big whoop over a 30 year anniversary.  Is that more important than a 20 or 25 year anniversary? Are they supposed to have some hoopla or a reissue every 5 years?  Did they acknowledge the anniversary at 25 years?

Few reasons i guess:
30 is a big number
The tour fearures original members most  thought would never play together again

None of the other annivesaries had all those factors. Of course it all amounted to fuck all anyway, so it doesn't matter in the slightest really!

They do baffle a lot. What was the point. Yes, sometimes you are drunk and don't think straight and make mistakes. But why did this happen Angry
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »

Few reasons i guess:
30 is a big number

They do baffle a lot. What was the point. Yes, sometimes you are drunk and don't think straight and make mistakes. But why did this happen Angry

It is baffling.  It can't be by coincidence that the Apollo show was booked on the eve of the 30th.  The show wasn't just to launch the North American tour...otherwise why couldn't it be today, or last weekend?  Clearly, it was meant to coincide with both the NITL tour and the AFD anniversary.  It's strange that everything was set up to revolve around that date...and then not a peep.  Whatever, I'm still going to see them in a couple weeks.  Somehow, I'll manage to have a good time.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2017, 02:14:37 PM »

Few reasons i guess:
30 is a big number

It is baffling.  It can't be by coincidence that the Apollo show was booked on the eve of the 30th.  The show wasn't just to launch the North American tour...otherwise why couldn't it be today, or last weekend?  Clearly, it was meant to coincide with both the NITL tour and the AFD anniversary.  It's strange that everything was set up to revolve around that date...and then not a peep.  Whatever, I'm still going to see them in a couple weeks.  Somehow, I'll manage to have a good time.

That's a good point actually- the show COULD have been any day. It seems more than a coincidence it was that day, and the posters were all put up. Perhaps something was cancelled last minute?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2017, 04:48:44 AM »

Few reasons i guess:
30 is a big number

That's a good point actually- the show COULD have been any day. It seems more than a coincidence it was that day, and the posters were all put up. Perhaps something was cancelled last minute?

Some Sherlock could check what other events there were at the Apollo around the date. Theoretically, it could have been just this day it was possible but surely that was not the case. True, some win lottery as well but just too much of a coincidence.

But if it was something that got cancelled last minute, who screwed up with plan B or C or D. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:52:18 AM by Lord Stan » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2017, 05:03:05 AM »

My (uneducated) guess is that that there were plans to play Appetite in full that night, hence the posters, which were then decided against for one reason or another (probably along the lines of not having rehearsed the correct songs, and not wanting to sound sloppy on a broadcast).

We'll probably never know!

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2017, 06:02:55 PM »

Few reasons i guess:
30 is a big number

Some Sherlock could check what other events there were at the Apollo around the date. Theoretically, it could have been just this day it was possible but surely that was not the case. True, some win lottery as well but just too much of a coincidence.

But if it was something that got cancelled last minute, who screwed up with plan B or C or D. 
Take it one step further though. If they could choose ANY day, why not choose 7/21? Was the venue booked that night and not the 20th?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2017, 06:45:15 PM »

Appetite in at #84 on this week's Billboard 200.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2017, 07:48:32 AM »

I often wonder with things like this who the hell has bought it that doesn't already own it! Mind you i'm not sure how many albums you have to sell to get to 84!

I own three copies of it. Ridiculous.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2017, 08:34:25 AM »

I often wonder with things like this who the hell has bought it that doesn't already own it! Mind you i'm not sure how many albums you have to sell to get to 84!

You probably have people who last owned it on cassette in the 80's that just never bought it again when they started updating to cd's or other digital formats. Then they heard them on Sirius (either the concert, or just the station in general) and ran out to buy it.

I have it on Cassette, CD (which was trashed in the late 90's/00's from being in my car cd organizer), 24k Gold "Remaster" CD, Vinyl, digital download, etc... I could decide to buy it again at any minute to replace my standard CD that got scratched to hell.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2017, 10:46:04 AM »

Was rather hoping that since the boys made nice again, we might get some remastered copies of the old albums.  We could really use it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2017, 11:41:30 AM »

I don't own any physical copy at the moment Grin

I've been planning to buy a vinyl for decoration. There are various reasons and needs why you buy something all over again. My girlfriend's birthday is next month and our anniversary later this month. How about buying her one for each as she has never owned any or couldn't care less about the band.

Just believe me, things happen and people buy stuff whether they need it or not Cool
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2017, 11:42:55 AM »

Was rather hoping that since the boys made nice again, we might get some remastered copies of the old albums.  We could really use it.

Where you been? I was moaning myself purple about this a week or so ago! I'm a sucker for reissues mind- I buy absolutely any old tat if I like a band, let alone GNR.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2017, 11:45:40 AM »

I've been planning to buy a vinyl for decoration. There are various reasons and needs why you buy something all over again. My girlfriend's birthday is next month and our anniversary later this month. How about buying her one for each as she has never owned any or couldn't care less about the band.

Just believe me, things happen and people buy stuff whether they need it or not Cool

Get that sorted. CD copies come pretty cheap these days!

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2017, 12:11:04 PM »

And vinyls are bloody expensive but they look cool rant
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2017, 12:56:38 PM »

Have a look around secondhand shops. Usually a vinyl copy floating about there. If you only want it for display too, it doesn't matter if it's worn out.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2017, 03:20:30 PM »

Have a look around secondhand shops. Usually a vinyl copy floating about there. If you only want it for display too, it doesn't matter if it's worn out.

Only for display, I wouldn't even know how to use that machine what fits with it Roll Eyes
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2017, 03:40:03 PM »

My opinion? If this tour happened 10 or hell, 5 years ago we may very well have seen some re-issues.  But now in the year of our Lord, 2017, maybe the number of copies they'd sell just doesn't make it worth their efforts...I kinda think that's why we haven't heard the followup to Chinese Democracy as well, but that's a whole other ball of hair.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2017, 06:17:12 PM »

My opinion? If this tour happened 10 or hell, 5 years ago we may very well have seen some re-issues.  But now in the year of our Lord, 2017, maybe the number of copies they'd sell just doesn't make it worth their efforts...I kinda think that's why we haven't heard the followup to Chinese Democracy as well, but that's a whole other ball of hair.

They should just have the album on their website and charge for it.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2017, 06:27:49 PM »

They should just have the album on their website and charge for it.

They don't really have a very good website by any standards.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: