Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:26:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AfD 30th Anniversary
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AfD 30th Anniversary  (Read 51057 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2017, 02:33:43 PM »

I can totally see some odd parabolic response from Axl regarding where another record stands. Something like: "As momentous N' arduous as this past year's touring has been, N' for no lack of trying, the logistics N relationships involved in putting together a new Guns record are by no means set in stone."

Hahahaha

That sounds exactly like him.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2017, 03:00:51 PM »

I can totally see some odd parabolic response from Axl regarding where another record stands. Something like: "As momentous N' arduous as this past year's touring has been, N' for no lack of trying, the logistics N relationships involved in putting together a new Guns record are by no means set in stone."

Hahahaha

Nothing definitive but still manages to bum you out.  hihi

"I don't know if that involves Slash. If he wants to play on something or write something, great."  That's the last quote we have about the subject of a new record.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2017, 03:54:22 PM »

Hahahaha

"I don't know if that involves Slash. If he wants to play on something or write something, great."  That's the last quote we have about the subject of a new record.

That sounds pretty much like NIN for me. Axl is the only principal member and the other ones are replaceable. Even Slash and Duff.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:55:56 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »

Hahahaha

That sounds pretty much like NIN for me. Axl is the only principal member and the other ones are replaceable. Even Slash and Duff.

At this point, I do not think either Slash are Duff are "replaceable".  I'm sure even Axl knows that there's no going back.  However, there is very little question that Axl is still the one calling the shots at the end of the day, and that goes for whether we end up getting an album sooner than later.  I'm sure Slash & Duff are both happy to be making the money they're seeing now, and recording for a new album would simply be a plus for them.  Slash has SMKC to fall back on, and Duff has Loaded for their creative outlets, if GNR remains stagnant in that regard.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2017, 07:01:43 PM »

Hahahaha

At this point, I do not think either Slash are Duff are "replaceable".  I'm sure even Axl knows that there's no going back.  However, there is very little question that Axl is still the one calling the shots at the end of the day, and that goes for whether we end up getting an album sooner than later.  I'm sure Slash & Duff are both happy to be making the money they're seeing now, and recording for a new album would simply be a plus for them.  Slash has SMKC to fall back on, and Duff has Loaded for their creative outlets, if GNR remains stagnant in that regard.

Axl owns the name no doubt. Calling the shots... well, I have a feeling Axl wants Slash and Duff to get in the mix and help out map the future of GNR. It would be a cool thing anyways

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2017, 08:33:40 PM »

It would be a shame if they did a show without izzy and Steven in memory of this album.   As for this current line up playing the album in full live.  I would have little interest.   I really hope there is no delux version released either    Let's get some new tunes out there
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2017, 10:17:34 PM »

Hahahaha

Axl owns the name no doubt. Calling the shots... well, I have a feeling Axl wants Slash and Duff to get in the mix and help out map the future of GNR. It would be a cool thing anyways

That's the trouble with GNR. In regards to new music being released, things seem to stop at "hopes".  I'm sure Axl "hopes" he can put out another album. Rarely any real world follow through to make it a reality unfortunately.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2017, 06:38:55 AM »

It would be a shame if they did a show without izzy and Steven in memory of this album.   As for this current line up playing the album in full live.  I would have little interest.   I really hope there is no delux version released either    Let's get some new tunes out there

Don't let it keep you up at night, hey?!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »

Hahahaha

It's truly an art to say something that (a) keeps people interested while (b) committing you to absolutely nothing.  How much did we salivate over "very seriously looking at what to do in that regard."  Brilliant! 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2017, 01:21:03 PM »

I think all the people truly clamoring for new music need to recognize that Axl was more willing to bury the hatchet with a guy he had been burying for TWENTY YEARS than put out stuff that is (supposedly) already done.

Holding your breath on new material would sure seem to be a fool's errand, in the eyes of this reporeter.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2017, 02:19:53 PM »

Hahahaha

It's truly an art to say something that (a) keeps people interested while (b) committing you to absolutely nothing.  How much did we salivate over "very seriously looking at what to do in that regard."  Brilliant! 

And I have to think he knows what he's doing whenever he mentions the prospect of new music.  It buys him a ton of goodwill with the fanbase, however little he actually follows through on said statement(s), and within minutes articles reporting on what he said start popping up. 

It will be interesting to see just how long he can keep touring without putting proverbial fuel in the GNR gastank in the form of new music.  As it stands, it appears he couldn't be less interested in putting anything new out.  Undecided
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2017, 03:08:26 PM »

"I've played some stuff to Slash/Duff/Angus and they liked it" is a recurring comment.

I get the sense it's the stock response to any question about new material. It's a 'get out of jail free' response.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2017, 03:22:00 PM »

"I've played some stuff to Slash/Duff/Angus and they liked it" is a recurring comment.

I get the sense it's the stock response to any question about new material. It's a 'get out of jail free' response.

You have to wonder what his intent was in showing Slash & Duff the other unreleased "Chinese Era" tracks.  Was he gauging their interest to see if they wanted to record on them?  Just for fun?

The fact that Axl put it as "If Slash wants to record on something or write something, great." is kind of scary to me, because it shows that, at least when he made those statements, he had really no idea what the next album would even be.  As in new tracks, or tracks that were previously recorded that Slash & Duff would simply leave their imprint on.  Hopefully they've sorted out those details by now and have some kind of plan in place, though I certainly would not bet on it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 03:24:26 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2017, 03:45:00 PM »

The 30th anniversary of Appetite is suddenly not about that...  hihi

Anyway, I wonder how willing the record company is regarding the anniversary? With all the hype due to the success of the tour, you'd think they would be really interested in using all the publicity to sell a new product. But then again, we don't really have stats on how much more the old albums have sold since the regrouping. Maybe they're happy with that. Zero effort....

On the other hand, it'd be nice to have a proper "deluxe" edition of the albums with all kinds of bonuses as well as proper remasters (I doubt the master they did for the cd format back in 1987 is optimal for example)....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2017, 05:18:30 PM »

The 30th anniversary of Appetite is suddenly not about that...  hihi

Anyway, I wonder how willing the record company is regarding the anniversary? With all the hype due to the success of the tour, you'd think they would be really interested in using all the publicity to sell a new product. But then again, we don't really have stats on how much more the old albums have sold since the regrouping. Maybe they're happy with that. Zero effort....

On the other hand, it'd be nice to have a proper "deluxe" edition of the albums with all kinds of bonuses as well as proper remasters (I doubt the master they did for the cd format back in 1987 is optimal for example)....

/jarmo

Deluxe reissues seems to be what is propping up the industry at the moment- I'd be absolutely amazed if the label didn't want a slice of the action. Would cost very little to bung it out again in a nice sleeve, with a bonus live disc and a few demos/b-sides. And, sadly, it would probably sell as well as any 'new' material. It really is money for old rope- and virtually every label in the world does it.

I don't know whether there are any rights or legal issues involved though of course. I've been surprised in the past that no reissues/deluxe versions have been released.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2017, 06:48:41 PM »

I've been surprised in the past that no reissues/deluxe versions have been released.

I think that kind of things involve the three partners. So since they weren't in the same bands at the time, things were a bit complicated. Live Era happened, but that was it.

Now things are different.... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2017, 07:43:29 AM »

I've been surprised in the past that no reissues/deluxe versions have been released.

I think that kind of things involve the three partners. So since they weren't in the same bands at the time, things were a bit complicated. Live Era happened, but that was it.

Now things are different.... Smiley

/jarmo

The Greatest Hits happened though- pretty much against all band members will as I recall? (I still think that's one awful, awful release- the packaging and presentation of that was pathetic).

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2017, 09:10:26 AM »

Yes, but sometimes that kind of releases are part of the contract. Also, it had zero previously unreleased material.....

Some kind of remaster or deluxe edition would require either tampering with the material, and/or releasing previously unreleased material. And that might be a totally different thing....

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »

I would be surprised if SOMETHING wasn't announced for 2017 for the 30th AFD anniversary be it a live DVD of the NITL tour, or possible remasters with bonus material.  But who knows?  Guns albums, particularly Appetite & Greatest Hits have continuously sold well, so maybe they see no point in re-releasing. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »

Yes, but sometimes that kind of releases are part of the contract. Also, it had zero previously unreleased material.....

Some kind of remaster or deluxe edition would require either tampering with the material, and/or releasing previously unreleased material. And that might be a totally different thing....

/jarmo

Good points.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: