Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:10:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AfD 30th Anniversary
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AfD 30th Anniversary  (Read 51122 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2017, 09:05:55 PM »

I'm enjoying the Defiant Ones, tremendous documentary.

I get it, I'd have most if not all of the extras they'd put on, but they can certainly remaster it, include early demos and outtakes, clean up and enhance the sound there too, add some live shows (Marquee and Ritz) along with interviews.  Would be great promotion to celebrate the album, and get people excited about purchasing GN'R material again.  I get it, we want unreleased tracks, we want new recordings, but I'd happily take this for now.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2017, 09:13:18 PM »

Posted by Del James in Times Square

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2017, 10:01:44 PM »

I'm enjoying the Defiant Ones, tremendous documentary.

I get it, I'd have most if not all of the extras they'd put on, but they can certainly remaster it, include early demos and outtakes, clean up and enhance the sound there too, add some live shows (Marquee and Ritz) along with interviews.  Would be great promotion to celebrate the album, and get people excited about purchasing GN'R material again.  I get it, we want unreleased tracks, we want new recordings, but I'd happily take this for now.

I didn't mention new recordings or supposed finished material hahaha.  Not since one goober on here actually said, he thought fans would rather hear more cover songs than new material.   Good god

Sure a deluxe AFD, may be interesting.  I don't see it, but I am sure I would buy it.  I did buy the last vegas blue ray after all.

The money would be in the HBO documentary though.  My money
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2017, 01:43:00 AM »

Also would be great promotion if they coupled this show with a deluxe cd package

What would you want to have in that?

Really there isn't much more I havnt seen or heard from this era of the band, that I would want to buy...   I have the CD, I have the album, I have all there CDs actually, so adding in a new track list wouldn't really benefit me from a band. 

This guy, this fucking guy.. gotta love him!  hihi
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2017, 03:20:43 AM »

But why there is no gig on the actual birthday Huh
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2017, 05:25:11 AM »

FUCKING HELL! YES!!!!!!

Something is really happening!!!!!!??

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2017, 10:09:43 AM »

But why there is no gig on the actual birthday Huh

So...there sorta is.

The show starts at 9:30 PM the day before (July 20)...and is slated to end at 12:30 (so after midnight) the day OF (July 21) the anniversary.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2017, 12:00:13 PM »

They have little or maybe no time to rehearse anything new...I mean...playing AFD start to end. I really doubt that.
Maybe Steven and Izzy show up for a couple of songs and that's all. It would be awesome and first time since 1990.  ok 

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2017, 12:23:16 PM »

They have little or maybe no time to rehearse anything new...I mean...playing AFD start to end. I really doubt that.

You're Crazy is already on the list of alternates on the setlist I believe.

That only leaves Think About You and Anything Goes as "new" songs. The rest of them they've been playing on the tour already.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2017, 12:31:02 PM »

That only leaves Think About You and Anything Goes as "new" songs. The rest of them they've been playing on the tour already.

Yeah and Think About You has always been a song considered by NuGNR so Im pretty sure with a couple of run downs that song is a posibility.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2017, 03:01:13 PM »

As far as "guests" for this 30th anny show I would say Adler is a very strong likelihood. Would be surprised with Izzy. Others like Angus or Bach but been there done that

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2017, 04:26:20 PM »

As far as "guests" for this 30th anny show I would say Adler is a very strong likelihood. Would be surprised with Izzy. Others like Angus or Bach but been there done that

Angus I don't mind, but for the love of God, please keep Sebastian away from this. He is a walking hair metal cliche.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2017, 05:40:42 PM »

Angus I don't mind, but for the love of God, please keep Sebastian away from this. He is a walking hair metal cliche.

Been there done that also with Lenny Kravitz and Kid Rock

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
sakuL
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2017, 05:42:19 PM »

Yeah and Think About You has always been a song considered by NuGNR so Im pretty sure with a couple of run downs that song is a posibility.

Not only considered, but actually played several times in 2001, 2002 and 2006
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2017, 07:06:23 PM »

What in the world would Angus or Bach have to do with AFD 30?   

Of this is a celebration of the original album.  I would prefer it would be done with the original guys on the album.  Played the way it was on the album.   Or not at all

Strip down the band.  Do we really need two piano players there for a celebration of one of the rawest albums ever    If it's a true celebration.  No

If it's just another shower on this concert tour.  Then have at it
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2017, 07:45:33 PM »

http://www.laweekly.com/music/appetite-for-destructions-30th-anniversary-how-guns-n-roses-transformed-the-sunset-strip-8437455?utm_content=buffer45ce8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

A good piece about the 30th anniversary of appetite from someone who was in LA during the time.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2017, 01:42:50 AM »

Baz has either had surgery or is going to have surgery to fix his instrument, so I don't think he'll be singing. He could be there though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2017, 01:50:24 AM »

What in the world would Angus or Bach have to do with AFD 30?   

Of this is a celebration of the original album.  I would prefer it would be done with the original guys on the album.  Played the way it was on the album.   Or not at all

Strip down the band.  Do we really need two piano players there for a celebration of one of the rawest albums ever    If it's a true celebration.  No

I agree 100% with everything stated here.  We need the original five members, no extras.  No "special guests".  Play the whole album as it was meant to be heard.  Nothing else is necessary.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2017, 05:59:56 PM »

Obviously IZZY

love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2017, 02:04:16 AM »

Play the whole album as it was meant to be heard.

Pffff, go listen to the studio album then.

In my opinion AFD is one of those albums that are not meant to be heard in one definite way. That's what makes it so great.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: