Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:24:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AfD 30th Anniversary
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AfD 30th Anniversary  (Read 50911 times)
jerr65
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: January 10, 2017, 12:52:47 AM »

Since U2 is celebrating The 30th Anniversary of there Joshua tree album, dose any one think that Guns will do something to celebrate Appetite For Destruction

Like Playing The whole Album Live or  re-release or something like that ?
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »

If they exist nI'd like to hear an AFD era demo
of You Could Be Mine..
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 10:44:56 PM »

Id like to hear the rerecorded 99 version of AFD

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 08:27:41 AM »

Im not really into those ''anniversary deluxe editions'' or ''lets play that best selling album tour'' That said, id love to hear those 1999 appetite sessions.

And i would buy a 10th anniversary Chinese Democracy album with some unreleased tracks from the 1997-2007 sessions in a heartbeat.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 09:08:34 AM »

Im not really into those ''anniversary deluxe editions'' or ''lets play that best selling album tour'' That said, id love to hear those 1999 appetite sessions.

And i would buy a 10th anniversary Chinese Democracy album with some unreleased tracks from the 1997-2007 sessions in a heartbeat.

Agree with all of the above! I'm actually way more interested in hearing unreleased Chinese-era stuff that older demos etc.

Were the 1999 appetite sessions ever confirmed? I know there was strong rumour the entire album had been re-recorded for release, but was it ever more than just a rumour?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
MHC
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 11:16:32 AM »

They've been playing all of Appetite for the last 15 years. I think it's only really interesting for U2 and other bands to do these anniversary reminiscences when they've done something else in the interim. GNR are pretty unique in how they've been floundering for direction for 20 years.
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 12:01:13 PM »

Agree with all of the above! I'm actually way more interested in hearing unreleased Chinese-era stuff that older demos etc.

Were the 1999 appetite sessions ever confirmed? I know there was strong rumour the entire album had been re-recorded for release, but was it ever more than just a rumour?

It was not a rumour, Axl himself said they re-recorded AFD in the Kurt Loder interview :

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 12:15:57 PM »

Problem is while that is the sentiment of a majority of us here... but we are a super minority when it comes to the downloading/streaming/album buying public. They are going to want Axl and Slash, not Axl and the guys no one knows the names of.

I think it would be awesome if as a perk of Nightrain if we got first access to some of these tracks available as a site embedded stream (or something like that)... It could be re-recorded AFD, CD Vault material, remastered versions of songs we've already heard (like OMG or CD itself). Give it the love it never got, or even stripped back like the Beatles 'Let it Be Naked' where they removed the Phil Spector 'Wall of Sound'
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 06:55:21 PM »

Me too, i think im even more excited about the unreleased ''second half of chinese'' than even a totally new record with the current lineup.

the 1999 sessions happened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbIiiV1wbnc This is all we got, its from the end credits of the big daddy movie.
Lineup here: Axl, Finck, Tobias, Tommy, Freese, Dizzy, Pittman.
They did the whole Appetite except they left out two songs (probably youre crazy and anything goes) and replaced them with patience and you could be mine.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 09:17:48 PM »

Totally agree. 

A band with a few ascrual albums should not be focusing on greatest hits and remastered versions of anniversary editions

Let's focus on new unreleased music

What ever it is

Vault stuff

Re recorded stuff

New music by this new formation of this band

Hell I would even take Axl solo stuff. 

Hell I would even take slash solo stuff again. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 09:54:02 AM »

Me too, i think im even more excited about the unreleased ''second half of chinese'' than even a totally new record with the current lineup.

the 1999 sessions happened https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbIiiV1wbnc This is all we got, its from the end credits of the big daddy movie.
Lineup here: Axl, Finck, Tobias, Tommy, Freese, Dizzy, Pittman.
They did the whole Appetite except they left out two songs (probably youre crazy and anything goes) and replaced them with patience and you could be mine.

I wonder how many people there are like us who feel that way? surely enough to make CD-era stuff worth releasing! Sell it to us direct through Nighttrain or something! If I think about it it really does frustrate me how much I want to hear all the stuff, and how it's sat there with no one hearing it!

You know- I'd never heard that SCOM clip! I really like it- it definitely brings something new to the song.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 10:01:34 AM »

I love that era. I would love to listen to all the Chinese songs in their 1999-2004 mix, with much less layers and a more industrial vibe. It could be released as bonus tracks in a deluxe package on iTunes or whatever. Im not even talking about unreleased tracks - which of course would be the best scenario.

But the rerecorded AFD is probably never going to see the light ever IMO. Id like to listen to it, but we had some soundboards of the 2001/06 era that should be pretty close to what it would have sounded.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 10:51:28 PM »

But the rerecorded AFD is probably never going to see the light ever IMO. Id like to listen to it, but we had some soundboards of the 2001/06 era that should be pretty close to what it would have sounded.
I agree that the rerecorded AFD will probably never see the light of day.  IMO, there's no reason it should because - besides Axl and Dizzy - none of those people are in the band anymore.

I'm not saying that it was a waste of time to rerecord.  I believe it ultimately proved to achieve it's purpose as indicated in this Axl quote from that '99 Loder interview:

Quote from: Axl
Learning the old Guns songs and getting them up, you know, putting them on tape, really forced everybody to get them up to the quality that they needed to be at. Once the energy was figured out by the new guys, how much energy was needed to get the songs right, then it really helped in the writing and recording process of the new record.

That being said, I would also love to hear the evolution of all the recordings of the CD songs at the different stages of their existence up to the final released product but also to include any rerecording (as done with AFD) of the CD songs with the current line-up.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 06:52:47 AM »

I think if we're ever gonna see the AFD 5 on stage together again it's gonna be to celebrate this 30 year anniversary. It's the closest we've ever been to a full reunion. Steven's sudden silence again is speaking more volumes. Hopefully Izzy gets on board for it.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »

I do not think Axl has something prepared, like a Deluxe Edition of AFD, with rare material, all bands release something commemorative, those hundreds of songs that did not enter the album should be released.

They should do 30 shows with the original line-up.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 11:31:19 AM »

Yeah, this!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 09:38:47 PM »

I think if we're ever gonna see the AFD 5 on stage together again it's gonna be to celebrate this 30 year anniversary. It's the closest we've ever been to a full reunion. Steven's sudden silence again is speaking more volumes. Hopefully Izzy gets on board for it.

At the end of the day, that's the only "celebration" that would be worthwhile.  If there were demos or live performances over the years, we've heard them by now, and we also know that not much exists.  A reunion of some sort featuring all 5 original members together would be worth any 10 boxsets of shitty bootlegs or demos that might exist.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 09:58:55 PM »

Any update on a LA show ? I know there is a GnR Billboard on Sunset.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 05:13:11 PM »

No clue, but I booked my hotel just in case.  Could see an increase in cost after this is announced.  Most hotels offer free cancellation as long as you give advance notice, so no real risk to do so. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 05:47:21 PM »

No clue, but I booked my hotel just in case.  

You booked a hotel where and what date?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: