Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N Roses : Super Bowl 52 Halftime Petition.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses : Super Bowl 52 Halftime Petition.  (Read 13146 times)
ecwfan
Rocker

« on: February 09, 2017, 10:04:08 PM »

I started a fun little petition to hopefully get the NFL to notice and get Guns N Roses to perform the Halftime show. I know that they have had numerous older bands perform and it really seems wild that G'n'R hasn't gotten that nod yet. With Axl n Slash together , rocking away as usual...now is the time. The NFL also blares "Welcome to the Jungle" during games , so why not the next best thing ?

So hopefully you folks like the petition and sign it.  Maybe it will get some attention from the NFL. Who knows...

https://www.change.org/p/nfl-guns-n-roses-to-play-super-bowl-52-halftime-show?recruiter=679960985&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 10:01:12 AM »

I started a fun little petition to hopefully get the NFL to notice and get Guns N Roses to perform the Halftime show. I know that they have had numerous older bands perform and it really seems wild that G'n'R hasn't gotten that nod yet. With Axl n Slash together , rocking away as usual...now is the time. The NFL also blares "Welcome to the Jungle" during games , so why not the next best thing ?

So hopefully you folks like the petition and sign it.  Maybe it will get some attention from the NFL. Who knows...

https://www.change.org/p/nfl-guns-n-roses-to-play-super-bowl-52-halftime-show?recruiter=679960985&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

I think I've addressed this issue before, but its up to Pepsi to decide who plays as they sponsor the halftime show.  Pepsi wants some one who fits their brand and right now that is the younger skewing artists that have been playing.  Until we see the Super Bowl Halftime show sponsored by Ovaltine, I wouldn't waste any time and effort on this. 
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 10:29:07 PM »

I said it before, I wouldn't want Guns N Roses relegating themselves via the overcommericialized halftime show.  Lady Gaga is commercial, mainstream pop and was perfectly suited for that spot.  Guns N Roses isn't.

So I guess what I am saying is that I'll never support such a petition!   rant rant rant
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 10:52:04 PM »

I think I've addressed this issue before, but its up to Pepsi to decide who plays as they sponsor the halftime show.  Pepsi wants some one who fits their brand and right now that is the younger skewing artists that have been playing.  Until we see the Super Bowl Halftime show sponsored by Ovaltine, I wouldn't waste any time and effort on this. 

looking back on the sponsors, it looks like the NFL signs the halftime sponsor to 5 year contracts, this was the 5th in a row by Pepsi. Bridgestone had a previous run that was largely classic rock based shows.
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »

Bridgestone had a previous run that was largely classic rock based shows.

I think the only reason we got that string of rock bands was because the organizers were so paranoid after the stupid Janet Jackson nipple thing.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 10:52:03 PM »

Perhaps they could do a 3 song set

Kohd. Lald and The Seeker

Ugh.

Honestly unless they have new original music to promote.  What is in it for the band or the fans   So all the fans that have just supported this band world wide can now see them in tv play scom again....

Come on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 11:00:55 AM »

Problem with the SB is that the NFL insists you do press that week : no exceptions. 

Even the Stones and Paul McCartnety had to do it, and they are both far bigger names than GNR.

Do you really see Axl doing that?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 11:05:30 AM »

Ugh.

Honestly unless they have new original music to promote.  What is in it for the band or the fans   So all the fans that have just supported this band world wide can now see them in tv play scom again....

Come on

The SB is not really the avenue to push new music.  In fact, the league and the network would rather you play stuff people know.

So, in this context, GNR doing 30 years old super popular songs is what they'd want.  Not some as yet unheard track written by Robin Finck 15 years ago.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 04:55:37 PM »

Ugh.

Come on

The SB is not really the avenue to push new music.  In fact, the league and the network would rather you play stuff people know.

So, in this context, GNR doing 30 years old super popular songs is what they'd want.  Not some as yet unheard track written by Robin Finck 15 years ago.

Sure it is.

Look at the last four years of artists and what they played what they promoted

Katty perry.  New music/album and tour
Beonce and bruno mars.  New music huge tour
Cold play.  New album. Huge North American tour
Lady ga ga.  Great new album and music.  Huge tour

Of coarse all the above acts also threw in a couple of there hits as well as a new material. 

The only way Guns n roses will ever play the super bowl is of there is new music to promote   I would say chance are greater we see Axl with ac/even play the super bowl before this band.

The other thing that probably prevents it.  Is Axl does not release videos or concerts or anything.  Seems he is very careful of camera angels etc....   

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 03:24:56 PM »

I don't Axl would be interested in any of it.  With GNR or AC/DC.

Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 07:11:21 PM »

I like how Baconman can invent a hypothetical (and rather unlikely) setlist for a hypothetical show just to complain about it  smoking  Take a break, dude. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:14:43 PM by Virolec » Logged

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 07:21:55 PM »

Also, I think we can probably can any qualms about this being too commercial and whatnot.  Guns N' Roses hasn't been an edgy underground band for quite some time.  They've had their music in mainstream films and computer games and all that, they've done all the licensed merchandise, they've done awards shows. 

If it was at a convenient time vis-a-vis their schedule, and if they were offered enough money for Axl to think it worth bothering with, they'd do it.  I don't think petitions will affect either of those.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 10:56:19 AM »

Also, I think we can probably can any qualms about this being too commercial and whatnot.  Guns N' Roses hasn't been an edgy underground band for quite some time.  They've had their music in mainstream films and computer games and all that, they've done all the licensed merchandise, they've done awards shows. 

If it was at a convenient time vis-a-vis their schedule, and if they were offered enough money for Axl to think it worth bothering with, they'd do it.  I don't think petitions will affect either of those.

I'm pretty sure they don't get paid actually.  They just get a boost in album sales, future ticket sales, etc.  In fact, the NFL even threw around the idea a few years back of the artists paying THEM to perform.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »

Really?  Didn't know that.  Odd.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 01:07:43 PM »

See the thing is. Artists are not paid to play the Super Bowl 

So again. If Axl is not getting paid for this show.   What would be in it for him?   

Artists use this vessel to promote.  This current tour is being promoted just fine

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »

Artists are not paid to play the Super Bowl 

Artists use this vessel to promote. 

Correct.  Which is exactly why it's nothing but commercial.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 12:26:57 PM »

Very correct
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »

Very correct
Totally correct

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: