Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227785 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] February 25, 2017 Singapore, Singapore
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] February 25, 2017 Singapore, Singapore  (Read 9589 times)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 05:44:57 PM »

So, it didn't go so well:

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/guns-n-roses-fans-up-in-arms-over-poor-organisation-of-bands-first-concert

Those complaints seem legit.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 06:02:39 PM »

Yes those complaints are legit BUT they had nothing to do with the show itself so to say "it didn't go so well" is very misleading.  The promoters/venue organization apparently did an enormously sucky job BUT the show itself received rave reviews. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 08:15:06 PM »

Those cashless systems are always a bad idea. I do question though why anyone would wait 80 minutes and miss the concert for food and drink though to be honest. Personally I could survive without a beer until the end of the show if the queue is that long! Priorities and all that.

Having said that it does look a shambles. Not the fault of the band but they do get tarred by it. In the same way that they are also getting tarred with the fanclub situation - which again isn't actually their fault, but serves to make them look bad.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 09:34:32 PM »

Singapore doesn't have as many big rock shows as places like Sydney or Tokyo.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 04:36:12 AM »

Those cashless systems are always a bad idea. I do question though why anyone would wait 80 minutes and miss the concert for food and drink though to be honest. Personally I could survive without a beer until the end of the show if the queue is that long! Priorities and all that.

Absolutely. When I saw HUNDREDS of people lining up at the merchandise booth in Tokyo, I said "forget it" and that was it. Nothing is worth missing part of the show.

But them not checking tickets upon entry is totally crazy. Anyone could have gotten in and some ticket holders could have found themselves unable to go in because there would have been no room left.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 09:42:47 AM »

Having said that it does look a shambles. Not the fault of the band but they do get tarred by it. In the same way that they are also getting tarred with the fanclub situation - which again isn't actually their fault, but serves to make them look bad.

This is exactly how it goes. Generally, punters don't differentiate who is responsible for what. If the services around the band don't work the gig is deemed poor or average at best despite them throwing the best show in years.

The fact is that most concert-goers can't tell if Slash had a great night or was a bit out of tune. For them the show is amazing and the best ever but if everything else fails it leaves a bad taste.

It's not right but it's just what it is.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 09:53:16 AM »

This is exactly how it goes. Generally, punters don't differentiate who is responsible for what. If the services around the band don't work the gig is deemed poor or average at best despite them throwing the best show in years.

The fact is that most concert-goers can't tell if Slash had a great night or was a bit out of tune. For them the show is amazing and the best ever but if everything else fails it leaves a bad taste.

It's not right but it's just what it is.

I think with a situation like the fanclub though, it really impacts on the way fans feel, and the band should be aware of what's going (or their management at least), recognize it, make every effort to sort it out then sever ties with the people that are responsible. At the end of the day the Guns name is a brand, and that brand gets tarnished by association. As you say, it's not right, but it needs to happen. With the fanclub, someone needs to step up ASAP, sort things out, and start communicating with people.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 11:39:54 AM »

Yes those complaints are legit BUT they had nothing to do with the show itself so to say "it didn't go so well" is very misleading.  The promoters/venue organization apparently did an enormously sucky job BUT the show itself received rave reviews. 

You are right these complaints are valid and are legit

You are right, it has nothing at all to do with the actual show

BUT

it has everything this to do with the Event.

So if the band signs off on have a local promoter take care of things using the bands name

And

If the band is getting compensated for this and is getting a cut from official merch and food sales.

And

If the band know that this country does not get that many big rock concerts.

They

Band/Management/Company

Should be doing everything to make sure every fan has an enjoyable experience.

When you pay this much for a ticket, its not just about a "show" for some.  Its an EVENT
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 12:21:19 PM »

BUT

So if the band signs off on have a local promoter take care of things using the bands name

And

If the band is getting compensated for this and is getting a cut from official merch and food sales.

And

They

Band/Management/Company

When you pay this much for a ticket, its not just about a "show" for some.  Its an EVENT

Absolutely. Let's hope behind the scenes that heads are rolling and lessons being learnt.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 07:15:59 PM »

BUT

And

And

They

Band/Management/Company

I agree on the concept that it is an event and that the success of any event is the totality of the experience for the fans BUT after "the band signs off on have a local promoter take care of things using the bands name" I don't see much more the Band/Management/Company could have done concerning these vendor issues. 

Isn't that the reason for using a LOCAL promoter who would/should be more knowledgeable about the dynamics/logistics of that particular venue as far as number/placement/volume of food n' merchandise? Food n' merchandise being sold isn't unique to "big rock concerts"

As for your point of the band getting a cut of the food/merchandise/etc. sales, if the sales weren't made and the fans were reimbursed for any unused chits then the band's cut would reflect that.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 07:31:25 PM »

BUT

And

And

They

Band/Management/Company

I agree on the concept that it is an event and that the success of any event is the totality of the experience for the fans BUT after "the band signs off on have a local promoter take care of things using the bands name" I don't see much more the Band/Management/Company could have done concerning these vendor issues. 

Isn't that the reason for using a LOCAL promoter who would/should be more knowledgeable about the dynamics/logistics of that particular venue as far as number/placement/volume of food n' merchandise? Food n' merchandise being sold isn't unique to "big rock concerts"

As for your point of the band getting a cut of the food/merchandise/etc. sales, if the sales weren't made and the fans were reimbursed for any unused chits then the band's cut would reflect that.

If a local promoter doesn't have a track record and the country doesn't have a track record for major events then and should of been more hands on

I don't feel bad for anyone that waited in line for hours for a soda or hot dog   The whole s t up sounds stupid to me actually

How the band would think any of this is a good idea is beyond me. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 08:14:35 PM »

BUT

And

And

They

Band/Management/Company

If a local promoter doesn't have a track record and the country doesn't have a track record for major events then and should of been more hands on

I don't feel bad for anyone that waited in line for hours for a soda or hot dog   The whole s t up sounds stupid to me actually

I do wonder what the fuck people were playing at waiting ages to buy junk food and overpriced drinks. I go to a concert, as novel as it may sound, I'm there to watch the band. Fuck all the rest of that shit. I'll pick up a shirt on the way out if I like the design- other than that, the rest of that crap is nothing. I guess people who aren't as into the music feel differently.

I feel sorry for people who had problems with shuttle buses and stuff though of course. And not checking tickets is just dangerous. That's how serious crowd control problems happen.

As far the band goes though, when they hit a certain size stuff HAS to be outsourced. They can't run everything. Sometimes that outsourcing goes out to the wrong people, and the band aren't even aware on any level. It's all out of their hands, and they're paying people to outsource this stuff.

With the fanclub- they seem to have outsourced delivery of the merchandise to a company who have sent nothing out and are offering no communication as to what is happening, leaving a load of fans angry after 4 months of waiting, wanting money back and looking at legal action. I'd doubt any member of the band are even aware of this situation, so I don't blame them. I blame the company it was outsourced to who won't deliver. But people see it different ways, and lots ultimately do blame the band.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 10:01:37 PM »

You're assuming the band can micromanage every single aspect of the tour.

The band's crew can't set up the whole show with everything around it, including public transport, themselves. That's common sense.

Let's hope nothing goes wrong in Canada, because if it does, it's all gonna be your fault!  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »

You're assuming the band can micromanage every single aspect of the tour.

The band's crew can't set up the whole show with everything around it, including public transport, themselves. That's common sense.

Let's hope nothing goes wrong in Canada, because if it does, it's all gonna be your fault!  rofl

/jarmo

hahaha, nothing every goes wrong in Canada.....      Well, umm, oh yeah, it did a couple of times haha

Nothing has gone bad in Canada recently!!!   

Edmotons has had many big stadium shows here.  And you can consider Metallica two weeks prior in the same venue, as the warm up act..  To get rid of any issues
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: