Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:33:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nightrain Troubles
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nightrain Troubles  (Read 38925 times)
variant
Headliner

« on: March 03, 2017, 05:18:53 AM »

Anyone else having issues since joining Nightrain? I joined in early December last year, didn't manage to get any pre-sale tickets (not worried - I know they aren't guaranteed and I've got them through another (free) pre-sale anyway) and still haven't received the membership gift - despite several emails and requests. Is this normal?
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 07:56:04 AM »

Is this normal?

Unfortunately, it's normal. It took some months to receive the gift.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 06:57:46 PM »

Go on the Nightrain forum- there's a big thread about it on there.

People are PISSED OFF!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 10:17:11 AM »

You can try at this link as well. I keep asking though and get no response at all, but I suppose the more people that hassle them the better. Over three months and received no communication at all. A shameful and embarassing service.

https://www.store2.livenation.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/50/wa/orderStatus?sourceCode=FANWEB

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 02:16:16 PM »

Is this normal?

Yes it is normal.  It took six months for me to receive most of the stuff and another month before I received the hoodie.  If I remember correctly, I did receive an email just prior to receiving anything but even that didn't give any specifics like approximate date of delivery.  There were no communications from them before that shipped notice.

Possible good news for you @variant is that about two of those six months were part of the Nightrain site being revamped so hopefully your wait should be that much "shorter" (if that's even a thing at this point).

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 02:34:31 PM »

Is this normal?

Yes it is normal.  It took six months for me to receive most of the stuff and another month before I received the hoodie.  If I remember correctly, I did receive an email just prior to receiving anything but even that didn't give any specifics like approximate date of delivery.  There were no communications from them before that shipped notice.

Possible good news for you @variant is that about two of those six months were part of the Nightrain site being revamped so hopefully your wait should be that much "shorter" (if that's even a thing at this point).

Six months?! That's shocking. It's a case of putting a t shirt in an envelope and posting it! I bet there's no other 'fanclub' where service is that bad. I feel like a mug for joining really.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 03:36:54 PM »

Six months?! That's shocking. It's a case of putting a t shirt in an envelope and posting it! I bet there's no other 'fanclub' where service is that bad. I feel like a mug for joining really.

As I said, two of those six months were part of them revamping the website.  They did give people a chance to sign up/renew their membership prior to them taking the site down. That 2 months includes the time they gave people to renew plus the site downtime. 

I should also point out that this was the time period around the Coachella announcement (I don't recall if the announcement was already made when they offered the sign up/renewal incentives.  I don't believe so but I could be wrong.)

But that being said, four months is a long time to wait for a t-shirt unless that is specifically stated in the ordering process.

P.S.  The hoodie is awesome!!!  ok
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:40:49 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 07:18:11 PM »

I was a member years ago when it first started it took it's time to get the merch to me but it does come in the end,ended up with two tshirts i seem to recall as they sent out the wrong one,still wear them to this day,shame it is still have the odd issue though.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 10:11:29 PM »

Hahaha.  It sounds like it's a fan club from the 1970s.   

A bands fan club Gould have zero errors.   It should be a safe haven for hard core fans to go and get rewarded with deals and special merch etc..

It's 2017.   

Anyone can buy anything online and it come world wide within a week.

Didn't this site advertise for this fan club?
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 04:55:00 AM »

As I said, two of those six months were part of them revamping the website.  They did give people a chance to sign up/renew their membership prior to them taking the site down. That 2 months includes the time they gave people to renew plus the site downtime. 

I should also point out that this was the time period around the Coachella announcement (I don't recall if the announcement was already made when they offered the sign up/renewal incentives.  I don't believe so but I could be wrong.)

But that being said, four months is a long time to wait for a t-shirt unless that is specifically stated in the ordering process.

P.S.  The hoodie is awesome!!!  ok

If like you said the site was being revamped during that time, then you would have applied before the Coachella announcement, I belive the revamp was because of the regroup news/speculatation just prior to this. If you remember Coachella had Nightrain memebers pre-sales.

In regard to "It's chuck a tee-shirt into an envelope" Its not a simple as that, they don't just recieve an application and just do it, the company running it would no doubt have other services running along side to the GnR fan club.  They would in all probability, look at the numbers to be dealt with and have a stratagy into how they are gonna process these.  It maybe that Team Brazil have agread to to buy this services at one day per month. This would done to provide the most effiecient service, where stacks of merchandise is processed in bulk, where a system for picking the items and putting into jiffy bags (or whatever) and labelled for dispatch. It maybe that additional time needs to added to clear a back log, but I'd imagine that after the spike in initial fan club uptake there is something of a levelling off of numbers and that they will catch up.

Speculation on my part of course, but that is broadly how these things should work, that is from experience but in a different sector. If they have more applications than can be serviced each time they deal with the GnR stuff after this time clearly then somebody somewhere needs to throw more resources at this issue. Anything more than 3 months IMHO is shocking and doesn't reflect well on the band, particularly when the NITL tour financials clearly show they are coining it in.

I'm not a Nightrain member, so not a fan club member either, but I do feel, in the absense of anything official being announced, some of you guys need to understand how I believe things are usually done.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:57:07 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 05:12:33 AM »

Yeah, so all this is your fault. Since you post here.

It's unfortunate that the merchandise hasn't been shipped out in a timely fashion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 09:20:56 AM »

Mine took forever too.  But attention to detail is not exactly their strong suit.

That said, 6 months is a joke.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »

Yeah, so all this is your fault. Since you post here.

It's unfortunate that the merchandise hasn't been shipped out in a timely fashion.

/jarmo

I could get my kids to make up some t shirts and send them out if we want.  Something like a white t shirt with a logo written in crayons   Will sale G N R Rules.   Something simple like that will go over well

The kids can also make a drawing over the band for a poster.  Sure they will loves colouring mellisas hair

I will have it all shipped out in 5 months. So even quicker than this fan club
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 04:36:18 PM »

I could get my kids to make up some t shirts and send them out if we want.  Something like a white t shirt with a logo written in crayons   Will sale G N R Rules.   Something simple like that will go over well

The kids can also make a drawing over the band for a poster.  Sure they will loves colouring mellisas hair

Serious question... who cares? I signed up for the fan club last year, got my presale, eventually got my TShirt (in time for my concert) and Sweatshirt (I wasn't wearing it to a July concert), and took part in a few contests.

There have been misfires with this band in the past. We can beat them up on communication, album releases, previously failed tours, etc... BUT we are in a sort of renaissance for the history of this band, and we are filling the 'slow time' between huge stadium shows with t-shirt shipping time discussions?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 07:14:36 AM »

Serious question... who cares? I signed up for the fan club last year, got my presale, eventually got my TShirt (in time for my concert) and Sweatshirt (I wasn't wearing it to a July concert), and took part in a few contests.

There have been misfires with this band in the past. We can beat them up on communication, album releases, previously failed tours, etc... BUT we are in a sort of renaissance for the history of this band, and we are filling the 'slow time' between huge stadium shows with t-shirt shipping time discussions?

I care. I shelled out $45 and have received nothing. I think that's a fair thing to complain about, and I see why people are kicking off.

Sure many things are good- this really isn't. Money has been taken, goods not delivered. Any company would get slammed for that.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 09:34:20 AM »

I care. I shelled out $45 and have received nothing. I think that's a fair thing to complain about, and I see why people are kicking off.

Sure many things are good- this really isn't. Money has been taken, goods not delivered. Any company would get slammed for that.

Not in that company's "safe space", they wouldn't.

But I myself obviously agree with you.  It's not like this is some radical concept to get what you pay for in a timely manner.  That's called good business.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 09:50:34 AM »

Not in that company's "safe space", they wouldn't.

But I myself obviously agree with you.  It's not like this is some radical concept to get what you pay for in a timely manner.  That's called good business.

Sure is. I can't see them getting too many renewals off the back of this. I've learned my lesson!

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 10:01:43 AM »

I don't think they are stealing money, I just think the company is poorly run or understaffed. I remember I waited about 4 months or more to receive my t-shirt. At one point I wrote and got an answer two weeks later that it was coming, I just needed to be patient. The t-shirt eventually arrived although it was a really, really long wait. I don't think it was 6 months for me though.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 10:54:22 AM »

I don't think they are stealing money, I just think the company is poorly run or understaffed. I remember I waited about 4 months or more to receive my t-shirt. At one point I wrote and got an answer two weeks later that it was coming, I just needed to be patient. The t-shirt eventually arrived although it was a really, really long wait. I don't think it was 6 months for me though.

Agree with the point in bold.

On the other hand, it's their name on the product.  At some point, you need to give something of a shit about that.

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 11:10:01 AM »

^Agreed. But it's GNR world where everything is a bit dysfunctional. It would be so boring otherwise.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: