Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:35:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nightrain Troubles
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nightrain Troubles  (Read 38938 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 11:15:13 AM »

^Agreed. But it's GNR world where everything is a bit dysfunctional. It would be so boring otherwise.

Not really a fan of that particular argument.  Being lazy and incompetent is a character flaw, not an experience enhancement.

But I do see your point.  Because of their history, my expectations were WAY low.  I figured if the shirt and all the rest of it ever showed up, that was gravy.  I signed up for the presale.

Yet do you really want to be in a place where your reputation is to the point when you can simply walk and chew gum at the same time, it's seen as a huge step in the right direction?  I'd be kind of embarassed if that's how the general public viewed my operation.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
georgie_beans
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 12:09:32 PM »

Been waiting 4 months so far. Emailed a few times, same excuse on each occasion assuring me that the shirt would be sent "soon". Very dismissive and apparently they don't do refunds! Doesn't reflect at all well on the band unfortunately.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 12:42:19 PM »

The other issue at hand is if you remember the site and club changed over around the time of the 'reunion' and subsequent tour planning... This is the first section of the terms and conditions of the 'club':

Welcome to the Guns N' Roses website (in general the "Site" paid or registered areas of the Guns N' Roses website are the "Club" ), owned and operated by Ticketmaster("we," "us"). The following terms of use ("Terms") govern your use of the Site.

You signed up for a club run by the ticketing company, the sole purpose of this club is the presale. You paid $45 to take part in the fan club presale. Everything else was gravy. Ticketmaster is who is taking their sweet time printing and mailing those T-Shirts (which to be completely honest I wore once at the show for the chance to move into the pit). If you wanted a shirt you could have bought one from their store which would have shipped much faster from a company that runs their business on merch, not a ticket company that oh by the way threw in a 'set of steak knives'.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 01:32:56 PM »

The other issue at hand is if you remember the site and club changed over around the time of the 'reunion' and subsequent tour planning... This is the first section of the terms and conditions of the 'club':

Welcome to the Guns N' Roses website (in general the "Site" paid or registered areas of the Guns N' Roses website are the "Club" ), owned and operated by Ticketmaster("we," "us"). The following terms of use ("Terms") govern your use of the Site.

You signed up for a club run by the ticketing company, the sole purpose of this club is the presale. You paid $45 to take part in the fan club presale. Everything else was gravy. Ticketmaster is who is taking their sweet time printing and mailing those T-Shirts (which to be completely honest I wore once at the show for the chance to move into the pit). If you wanted a shirt you could have bought one from their store which would have shipped much faster from a company that runs their business on merch, not a ticket company that oh by the way threw in a 'set of steak knives'.

It's Live Nation who are running this shambles apparently. (Not sure if they are related to Ticketmaster or not though in some way).

I'd argue that the sole purpose of the fanclub isn't the presale at all. It's a fanclub- advertising a membership package. Most people are unaware who is running it- it's advertised on the official site of the band they like, so they join. expecting to be well treated. Sure, access to the presale is a perk (about the only one as far as I can see!) but I bet there are a lot of people who sign up just to be part of the 'fan community' and get an exclusive shirt. Nothing wrong with that at all. Whichever way you see it really- the point remains that they advertise a package of goods which they are very very poor at sending out. I'm not sure there's much to defend with all this- it's a bit of a shambles, people are pissed off waiting. Hopefully they'll pick their act up in the future, but personally it would take a lot for me to be arsed to join again!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 01:35:05 PM »

Been waiting 4 months so far. Emailed a few times, same excuse on each occasion assuring me that the shirt would be sent "soon". Very dismissive and apparently they don't do refunds! Doesn't reflect at all well on the band unfortunately.

That's the long and short of it really. It doesn't reflect well on the band at all. Especially when most bands have fanclubs that operate smoothly.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 05:13:13 PM »

I could get my kids to make up some t shirts and send them out if we want.  Something like a white t shirt with a logo written in crayons   Will sale G N R Rules.   Something simple like that will go over well

The kids can also make a drawing over the band for a poster.  Sure they will loves colouring mellisas hair

I will have it all shipped out in 5 months. So even quicker than this fan club

Serious question... who cares? I signed up for the fan club last year, got my presale, eventually got my TShirt (in time for my concert) and Sweatshirt (I wasn't wearing it to a July concert), and took part in a few contests.

There have been misfires with this band in the past. We can beat them up on communication, album releases, previously failed tours, etc... BUT we are in a sort of renaissance for the history of this band, and we are filling the 'slow time' between huge stadium shows with t-shirt shipping time discussions?

Slow time between shows?  There really hasn't been that much time in the middle of shows, so I don't know what that is about.    It is just slow

You are right there have been misfires in the past and present and this looks like one of them.

So you are saying because Axl, Slash and Duff got back together around a year ago and have proceeded to tour the world ever since that lets them off the hook for all the above? 

Is it what it is then with this band?  Expensive tickets to concerts, no new original music released or played live, no interviews, problems with the fan clubs, huge rumors of Axl recording and touring with ac/dc after this.   

So if the band is just a larger version of what people where giving it crap for a couple of years ago.  A touring oldies act, but with zero interviews (we used to get interviews).  Than cool
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 10:49:06 PM »

I could get my kids to make up some t shirts and send them out if we want.  Something like a white t shirt with a logo written in crayons   Will sale G N R Rules.   Something simple like that will go over well

The kids can also make a drawing over the band for a poster.  Sure they will loves colouring mellisas hair

Serious question... who cares? I signed up for the fan club last year, got my presale, eventually got my TShirt (in time for my concert) and Sweatshirt (I wasn't wearing it to a July concert), and took part in a few contests.

There have been misfires with this band in the past. We can beat them up on communication, album releases, previously failed tours, etc... BUT we are in a sort of renaissance for the history of this band, and we are filling the 'slow time' between huge stadium shows with t-shirt shipping time discussions?

Slow time between shows?  There really hasn't been that much time in the middle of shows, so I don't know what that is about.    It is just slow

You are right there have been misfires in the past and present and this looks like one of them.

So you are saying because Axl, Slash and Duff got back together around a year ago and have proceeded to tour the world ever since that lets them off the hook for all the above? 

Is it what it is then with this band?  Expensive tickets to concerts, no new original music released or played live, no interviews, problems with the fan clubs, huge rumors of Axl recording and touring with ac/dc after this.   

So if the band is just a larger version of what people where giving it crap for a couple of years ago.  A touring oldies act, but with zero interviews (we used to get interviews).  Than cool

The slow time between shows was a little tongue in cheek... meaning we have seen this band tour sold out stadiums in every region of the world outside of Europe and on the day after their last leg where they are about to see some downtime we have a typical whinny post about something trivial like fan club t-shirt delivery times.

Yes there have been misfires over the past 20+ years, but t-shirt shipping times are no comparison to the bullshit in the early 2000's while waiting for CD and watching tours fail. I just find it hysterical that someone is always going to find something to bitch about. The reformed lineup doesn't repair all of the 'damage' done to their reputation, but it is a very very small (and whinny) group that the t-shirt issue is impacting. There will be no Rolling Stone articles about the delay in shipping Baconman's t-shirt to The Great White North. So the 'this doesn't reflect well on the band' only rings true here.

For everyone waiting, I hope you aren't expecting a t-shirt that is worth the $45 signup fee. This is a $5 dollar throw in. The value of the club is in the presale and contests. The board is nothing in comparison to this and other fan boards and obviously LiveNation (Ticketmaster as the Terms and Conditions states) is not a merch and t-shirt distribution company.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2017, 08:13:26 AM »

The slow time between shows was a little tongue in cheek... meaning we have seen this band tour sold out stadiums in every region of the world outside of Europe and on the day after their last leg where they are about to see some downtime we have a typical whinny post about something trivial like fan club t-shirt delivery times.

Yes there have been misfires over the past 20+ years, but t-shirt shipping times are no comparison to the bullshit in the early 2000's while waiting for CD and watching tours fail. I just find it hysterical that someone is always going to find something to bitch about. The reformed lineup doesn't repair all of the 'damage' done to their reputation, but it is a very very small (and whinny) group that the t-shirt issue is impacting. There will be no Rolling Stone articles about the delay in shipping Baconman's t-shirt to The Great White North. So the 'this doesn't reflect well on the band' only rings true here.

For everyone waiting, I hope you aren't expecting a t-shirt that is worth the $45 signup fee. This is a $5 dollar throw in. The value of the club is in the presale and contests. The board is nothing in comparison to this and other fan boards and obviously LiveNation (Ticketmaster as the Terms and Conditions states) is not a merch and t-shirt distribution company.

Nah that's unfair on the original poster. It's not a 'whiny post' at all- he was asking if anyone was experiencing the same troubles in not receiving their stuff. It's not a case at all of "someone finding something to bitch about" - his money is tied up in this. It's pretty off to say he's whining and bitching because he hasn't received something he's paid for! Come on- just because things are going well musically it doesn't give a pass out to not deliver on things, or mean people haven't got the right to ask where the stuff they ordered is! Why do you have to assume other people's concerns about where their merchandise is is to trivial to them? That's not cool.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2017, 08:27:14 AM »

They just seem slow to ship stuff. Not sure why.
Could be many reasons.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 08:51:02 AM »

Nah that's unfair on the original poster. It's not a 'whiny post' at all- he was asking if anyone was experiencing the same troubles in not receiving their stuff. It's not a case at all of "someone finding something to bitch about" - his money is tied up in this. It's pretty off to say he's whining and bitching because he hasn't received something he's paid for! Come on- just because things are going well musically it doesn't give a pass out to not deliver on things, or mean people haven't got the right to ask where the stuff they ordered is! Why do you have to assume other people's concerns about where their merchandise is is to trivial to them? That's not cool.

Look I get what you are saying, and I was talking less about the original poster and more about the additional piling on. I also get the money aspect, but thats part of my point... it isn't a $45 dollar t-shirt, you paid to join a fan club and the t-shirt was a throw in. There is other value to the club, and there are better ways to buy much nicer t-shirts. It's a one year membership, the shirt will get there within the year, there was no promise otherwise. I do understand though that some people have different point of views, this time last year I wasn't exactly waiting everyday on my front step for the t-shirt. In fact I probably wouldn't have noticed if it never came... as it is I have never opened the shipping envelope that the sweatshirt came in, they weren't why I signed up.

My other point is that it's always something with some people here... they don't like the lineup, they don't like the set list, they don't like the number of covers, they don't like the opening acts. I understood (and even took part in) the negativity when there was very little happening in the world of GnR, when we kept being told 'soon', or when we were being shown a revolving door of members... BUT now we have the bulk of the core of the band that brought most of us here. They have been selling out all over the world for a year now, and don't look to slow down.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2017, 09:01:04 AM »

My other point is that it's always something with some people here... they don't like the lineup, they don't like the set list, they don't like the number of covers, they don't like the opening acts. I understood (and even took part in) the negativity when there was very little happening in the world of GnR, when we kept being told 'soon', or when we were being shown a revolving door of members... BUT now we have the bulk of the core of the band that brought most of us here. They have been selling out all over the world for a year now, and don't look to slow down.

Do you think you are, perhaps, blowing this a bit out of proportion?

What bearing does asking why the fan club doesn't seem have their shit together have on the current state of the band or the current state of their tour? 

Where is that connection?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2017, 01:19:12 PM »

What bearing does asking why the fan club doesn't seem have their shit together have on the current state of the band or the current state of their tour? 

Totally out of proportion.

Its like the poster is saying "Because the poster wouldn't wait, the poster thinks the shirt was just a add in to ticket sales, the poster thinks everything is fine because Axl, Slash and Duff are touring the world, people shouldn't gripe there concerns on topics they feel are off"

Who know, perhjaps the t shirt really meant something to someone.  Why would you judge someone else opinion on something, especially when its there money!  They spent there money on something they havnt received.

Cool, Axl Slash and Duff are touring the world, making huge amounts of money, playing to sold out concerts in front of pretty happy fans.

Not cool, The list is very long, but one of the items would be the band allowing there name to be used on what looks like a bush league fan club, that is slow/no delivering on commitments
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 01:43:51 PM »

Perhaps...

I just don't see why this needs a thread. The same issue existed last year, no better, no worse. I signed up in January last year and I'm pretty sure I got my T-Shirt in June, and I think the sweatshirt came in the fall (like I said earlier it's still in the shipping envelope).

Is it dysfunctional, sure... The issue though is they obviously entered an agreement while booking the tour with LiveNation/Ticketmaster. It was in their best interest to turn over management of the fan club to them as it related to the presale. While yes there are tshirt delays and it isn't ideal, this arraignment probably made the most financial sense for the band. If there is a problem it is with LiveNation, but it is being presented here as more of the same from GnR/Team Brasil and that just isn't the case.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2017, 01:50:06 PM »

Who know, perhjaps the t shirt really meant something to someone.  Why would you judge someone else opinion on something, especially when its there money!  They spent there money on something they havnt received.

YOUR MONEY WASN'T FOR A FUCKING TSHIRT, it is a throw in, you paid $45 for the club and pre-sale. When they get around to it, you will get a poorly crafted tshirt that cost less than $5. If you wanted a special TShirt you could have gotten one from their store run by Brovado or Lucky Brand who are actually in the business of selling and shipping merchandise.

Am I overreacting, sure... but it gets fucking old listening to people do nothing but bitch about every little thing at every turn.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »

Perhaps...

I just don't see why this needs a thread. The same issue existed last year, no better, no worse. I signed up in January last year and I'm pretty sure I got my T-Shirt in June, and I think the sweatshirt came in the fall (like I said earlier it's still in the shipping envelope).

Is it dysfunctional, sure... The issue though is they obviously entered an agreement while booking the tour with LiveNation/Ticketmaster. It was in their best interest to turn over management of the fan club to them as it related to the presale. While yes there are tshirt delays and it isn't ideal, this arraignment probably made the most financial sense for the band. If there is a problem it is with LiveNation, but it is being presented here as more of the same from GnR/Team Brasil and that just isn't the case.

It needs a thread because the original poster was asking advice, seeing if people were in the same situation! I do question why you clicked on a thread titled 'Nightrain troubles' if you didn't fancy reading about it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2017, 02:04:58 PM »

Am I overreacting, sure... but it gets fucking old listening to people do nothing but bitch about every little thing at every turn.

But this is what is out of proportion.  This is grossly inaccurate.  There has been nothing but good times and good moods since the reunion was announced.  

I made that joke about this place being a "safe space".  But, as they say, all humor is based in truth.  

So is that what we are saying?  Everything is awesome?  Even the slightest beef, over something inconseqential, turns this place into 2013 again?  

Is that what we're saying?

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2017, 02:07:06 PM »

YOUR MONEY WASN'T FOR A FUCKING TSHIRT, it is a throw in, you paid $45 for the club and pre-sale. When they get around to it, you will get a poorly crafted tshirt that cost less than $5. If you wanted a special TShirt you could have gotten one from their store run by Brovado or Lucky Brand who are actually in the business of selling and shipping merchandise.

Not true though is it? You pay $45 dollar for what is advertised to you. That includes a shirt and lanyard. It's not a 'throw in' at all- that would only be true if you didn't know about it when you shelled out.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2017, 02:08:57 PM »

But this is what is out of proportion.  This is grossly inaccurate.  There has been nothing but good times and good moods since the reunion was announced.  

I made that joke about this place being a "safe space".  But, as they say, all humor is based in truth.  

So is that what we are saying?  Everything is awesome?  Even the slightest beef, over something inconseqential, turns this place into 2013 again?  

Is that what we're saying?

.....and are we saying that ANY complaint is not valid anymore? How about those people at that gig in Singapore who were complaining about poor management at the gig and no shuttle buses?

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2017, 02:14:56 PM »

Really - a lot of us here have stuck with this band through some pretty surreal times. Personally, I've had tickets for many gigs that haven't happened, I've traveled, I've waited, heck, I've even missed transport and ended up sleeping rough for the whole night due to late shows. I'm sure we've all got similar stories. I'm certainly going to appreciate and be grateful for some smooth shows this summer! But when it comes to fuck ups, it's still important to call them as such. I don't think it's whining- I think it's just expecting a certain standard of service as a consumer of something.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2017, 02:24:52 PM »

Jarmo has now chimed in twice this thread. 

Neither time corrected anyone, neither time told anyone to knock it off, and both times shared the sentiment that this was not being handled right.

Is there a better confimation that the gripes described in this thread are not unfair?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: