Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:15:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nightrain Troubles
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nightrain Troubles  (Read 38742 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2017, 02:38:01 PM »

Is there a better confimation that the gripes described in this thread are not unfair?

Or I've just had it with Baconman whining every chance he gets...

Yes, the shipping seems to take time. And yes, it's happened to others as well.
There's a topic about it on the Nightrain forum.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2017, 04:15:55 PM »

Really - a lot of us here have stuck with this band through some pretty surreal times. Personally, I've had tickets for many gigs that haven't happened, I've traveled, I've waited, heck, I've even missed transport and ended up sleeping rough for the whole night due to late shows. I'm sure we've all got similar stories. I'm certainly going to appreciate and be grateful for some smooth shows this summer! But when it comes to fuck ups, it's still important to call them as such. I don't think it's whining- I think it's just expecting a certain standard of service as a consumer of something.

No kidding.  I have always said, as a one off show, what Guns is doing right now is great

As a tour, holy crap, this is the most professional thing the band has ever done.

So now someone paid money for a fan membership that included, as well as other things, a thirt.   They havnt received it, havnt received any feed back on why its taking so long.    Then you are getting people saying its not a big deal, because it was just a throw in??  How could someone possibly someone tell someone how to feel or act or what to expect when its there MONEY!  You sure are getting up in arms about other peoples opinions and real life examples.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2017, 04:17:08 PM »

Is there a better confimation that the gripes described in this thread are not unfair?

Or I've just had it with Baconman whining every chance he gets...

Yes, the shipping seems to take time. And yes, it's happened to others as well.
There's a topic about it on the Nightrain forum.

/jarmo

haha That offer to buy you a pop in a few months still stands!!   

Unless I am too busy printing tshirts...
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2017, 02:51:55 AM »

This has surely got out of hands. Of course you need to receive whatever you ordered online. Anything else is a scam. It's just laughable that someone is saying you are not eligible for your merc.

Spring is coming but it's cloudy and somewhat cold here in Central Europe. The T-shirt says 100% cotton and made in Mexico. It's a good looking shirt and I'll wear it when it gets a little warmer. Normally we get shirts made in Bangladesh.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2017, 06:30:16 AM »

Looks like a few American fans have gone down the legal route- and won. Got refunds via it. That's a pretty ugly situation.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2017, 07:50:22 AM »

This has surely got out of hands. Of course you need to receive whatever you ordered online. Anything else is a scam. It's just laughable that someone is saying you are not eligible for your merc.

Spring is coming but it's cloudy and somewhat cold here in Central Europe. The T-shirt says 100% cotton and made in Mexico. It's a good looking shirt and I'll wear it when it gets a little warmer. Normally we get shirts made in Bangladesh.

I assume you mean me, I never said they weren't entitled to the merch. What I was saying is that it isn't the primary 'value' of the club, so I wouldn't (and last year I didn't) expect quick shipping. Granted they went way to far with how long it took, but it seemed at least last year that because this is being run by the tour promoter, that the t-shirts are being shipped in order of tour location/regions so that you have them before the shows. They definitely missed a few here an there last year, but based on last years discussion they tended to get to you a month or two before your show. For the people traveling region to region, they tend miss out if for example they are an American (summer tour) traveling to Australia for a show.

I just checked my emails from last year and after signing up in January I received my t-shirt and lanyard July 1st just in time for my July 19th show.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2017, 08:26:36 AM »

Been waiting 4 months so far..

Same here, would be great to get the T-shirt for the summer, when the gig is in Finland. My AFD shirt from 90's and 2006 Chinese democracy tour -shirt are in pretty bad condition now days  hihi

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2017, 09:24:44 AM »

What's unfortuante was that when they first opened, everyone was all excited about it.   It looked like a professional operation again. 

Now...same old, same old.  Gang that can't shoot straight.

To hear that fans of a band have to sue their own fan club, and the fan club would rather just pay the refunds than make it right...what the hell sort of business sense is that?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2017, 03:09:58 PM »

What's unfortuante was that when they first opened, everyone was all excited about it.   It looked like a professional operation again. 

To hear that fans of a band have to sue their own fan club, and the fan club would rather just pay the refunds than make it right...what the hell sort of business sense is that?

The problem is it's not them it's LiveNation/Ticketmaster. I get that they represent the band publicly in this case, but if you are Guns N' Roses how to you fire the promoter of your multi year multi national headlining stadium tour (who is pretty much the only game in town) over t-shirts?

There is very little noise being made outside of these forums over this issue, but if Guns breaks an agreement with Live Nation and the tour somehow gets effected or there is a lawsuit I see that as being much more harmful and 'more of the same' in the eyes of the public.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2017, 03:25:08 PM »

In the grand scheme of things, "it took me longer to get my t-shirt" ranks pretty low on the list of things that can go wrong.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2017, 04:29:12 PM »

The problem is it's not them it's LiveNation/Ticketmaster. I get that they represent the band publicly in this case, but if you are Guns N' Roses how to you fire the promoter of your multi year multi national headlining stadium tour (who is pretty much the only game in town) over t-shirts?

There is very little noise being made outside of these forums over this issue, but if Guns breaks an agreement with Live Nation and the tour somehow gets effected or there is a lawsuit I see that as being much more harmful and 'more of the same' in the eyes of the public.

Very little noise out side of these forums regarding this?

Really?  You think!

I would bet a large sum the majority of fan club members are also members to various gnr fan sites.  And the majority of the public is not either a member of the fan club or a member of fan sites

Where's would honestly expect to hear this noise for you to realize it's affecting the fans and is a problem. Are you expecting the national news media to pick up on this?  Then would you say. Nah it's only Fox News  hahahaha
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2017, 04:48:31 PM »

Really?  You think!

I would bet a large sum the majority of fan club members are also members to various gnr fan sites.  And the majority of the public is not either a member of the fan club or a member of fan sites

Where's would honestly expect to hear this noise for you to realize it's affecting the fans and is a problem. Are you expecting the national news media to pick up on this?  Then would you say. Nah it's only Fox News  hahahaha

As of today not a peep about this on mygnrforum as an example, and no I'm not expecting this to hit the news. What I'm saying is there is nothing the band can do about it because they don't run the fan club site and merch. The also don't have a ton of leverage to push the merch vendor running the site because it is the worlds largest promoter, who is also booking their tour (and owns most of the venues). If something were to happen with that relationship then it would be on the news that "Surprise, Surprise, GnR blows it again..."

So in the grand scheme of things, a few people impatiently waiting for T-Shirts is not that big of a deal... and if $45 is that big of a deal to the individual, then you absolutely do not have the expendable income to sign up for a band fan club.

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2017, 07:00:13 PM »

That argument could be made about anything you order online. If you order via Amazon you expect to get it. Then someone could say if x amount you lose is that important then you should not order. It's a specious argument.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2017, 07:07:20 PM »

Let me make it real simple: we are talking about Contract Law 101. If an organization says "give me X amount of money and in exchange I will do A, B, and C," then it is incumbent upon that actor to fulfill the terms it promised when it solicited money. Failure to do so is theft. All this nonsense about the t-shirt 'not being the real value' or 'don't order if you can't afford to lose the money' is simply silly.

As I said several posts ago, no money is being stolen, the organization is just really slow in sending out the t-shirts. So it is what it is.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2017, 09:30:34 PM »

I agree.

I can't see this sort of reaction for any other merchant that treated you this way.  It's just this weird way we are supposed to have all this deference if it's GNR and can't just call a spade a spade.

I get the point about this not being them, as being someone they hired who is fucking up.  But my god, just say what it is without trying to church it up, just because it's GNR.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2017, 10:29:42 PM »

Let me make it real simple: we are talking about Contract Law 101. If an organization says "give me X amount of money and in exchange I will do A, B, and C," then it is incumbent upon that actor to fulfill the terms it promised when it solicited money. Failure to do so is theft. All this nonsense about the t-shirt 'not being the real value' or 'don't order if you can't afford to lose the money' is simply silly.

As I said several posts ago, no money is being stolen, the organization is just really slow in sending out the t-shirts. So it is what it is.

I wasn't trying to say that if you order them and they never come, that is OK... It's not, but in this case there is a previous year of evidence that these take 6 months or more to arrive. Does it suck, yes. However nowhere in the terms and conditions or in the email confirming sign up does it guarantee a shipping date, shipping method, or delivery date. You signed up for a 1 year membership, if you get it before the year is up, you win. Did we have anyone who never received anything when they signed up before Coachella last year?

What I feel the need to correct is the number of people attaching some level of blame on the band. This site in not run or maintained by the band, it is LiveNation/Ticketmaster.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2017, 08:10:35 AM »

You signed up for a 1 year membership

This is crazy scary. Really, you would have to sign up for bullshit again? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who will not be signing up again.

But maybe it's a good fan club and some people will. Wouldn't it be easier for everyone to run a proper club where people would want to be part of something and belong to.

It's not about the money.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2017, 08:11:51 PM »

Every time you blow things out of proportion and then get countered with some actual sense, you sure change your story....  "Umm tthats not really what I meant"

There is tons the band could do to make this better

How about a private interview on the fan site?   How about a private letter to fan site members explaining what is going on?  How about something??? 

Right now they are allowing there name to be used for profit.  Huge prices on tickets and fan club memberships.  They are now doing nothing.

If it was my name that was used for profit and someone elses expenses I sure would want to right the wrong.

What I am getting from you is:

relax slash duff and axl are playing live concerts again.  They have been doing this show for a year now...

guns n roses doesn't actually control the fan site so what do you expect them to do.  Lots, as mentioned above, but they are doing nothing

Its just a thrown in tshirt.  You are using your opinion on others spending money and how it should be justified.  "Hey its not a big deal to me, so why are you so upset"

Really?  You think!

As of today not a peep about this on mygnrforum as an example, and no I'm not expecting this to hit the news. What I'm saying is there is nothing the band can do about it because they don't run the fan club site and merch. The also don't have a ton of leverage to push the merch vendor running the site because it is the worlds largest promoter, who is also booking their tour (and owns most of the venues). If something were to happen with that relationship then it would be on the news that "Surprise, Surprise, GnR blows it again..."

So in the grand scheme of things, a few people impatiently waiting for T-Shirts is not that big of a deal... and if $45 is that big of a deal to the individual, then you absolutely do not have the expendable income to sign up for a band fan club.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2017, 12:13:55 AM »

Every time you blow things out of proportion and then get countered with some actual sense, you sure change your story....  "Umm tthats not really what I meant"

There is tons the band could do to make this better

How about a private interview on the fan site?   How about a private letter to fan site members explaining what is going on?  How about something??? 

Right now they are allowing there name to be used for profit.  Huge prices on tickets and fan club memberships.  They are now doing nothing.

If it was my name that was used for profit and someone elses expenses I sure would want to right the wrong.

What I am getting from you is:

relax slash duff and axl are playing live concerts again.  They have been doing this show for a year now...

guns n roses doesn't actually control the fan site so what do you expect them to do.  Lots, as mentioned above, but they are doing nothing

Its just a thrown in tshirt.  You are using your opinion on others spending money and how it should be justified.  "Hey its not a big deal to me, so why are you so upset"

It took me a minute to figure out if you said anything. I wouldn't expect you to understand what I've said in this thread when you can't figure out how to quote something properly.

The band via LiveNation and the FanClub have already:
Run Contests and provided memorabilia as prizes
Upgraded fans at most shows (who are fan club members)
Provided pre-sales
And (while slowly) have shipped T-Shirts and sweatshirts to fan club members since January of 2016

As I said above, is it unfortunate the shipping times are slow? Sure, but can you give me an instance in 2016 where a club member didn't eventually receive the merch promised to them?

Are you a member of the club? If so go to Gunsnroses.com and read the terms and conditions of the club, then pull up your order confirmation from the sign up. After reading them please show me where they promise a shipping method, or guarantee a delivery date.

2016 was a little different because they actually said that merch wouldn't start shipping until June:

"Nightrain members-

We know there are some fans out there inquiring about the fan club merch and timing on shipping. Per the original messaging when the Not In This Lifetime tour was announced, gifts will ship in June. Some of you have already received your gift while many of you are still waiting.

Due to the volume of orders, it may take a bit longer to ship all the Nightrain merch but all of the t-shirts, hoodies, and laminates are at the shipping facility and began shipping last week. Once your order has been packed and shipped, you will receive an email indicating as much. We are doing our best to prioritize shipment based on the show you're attending but this is not an exact science and we're doing our best to get everything out as quickly as possible.

As a reminder, the Nightrain laminate is NOT a VIP package laminate and does not grant you access to any "special" areas at the show. We encourage fans to wear their Nightrain laminates to the shows as you never know who's watching?

The tour is off to a great start and we look forward to seeing you at the show.

#GnFnR"

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2017, 01:41:43 AM »

I've never taken part in a competition. Do we know if the winners have received any prizes? Or if any winners even exist.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: